DiRT Rally 2.0 v1.4 releases at 11am (BST) today, and with that, RaceNet will go down for maintenance, so please make sure you're not playing the game when 11am comes around, as it could compromise event times etc. being uploaded to the server. We're expecting RaceNet to be up and running by 12pm BST. Here is what the update will bring:
- Online Custom events can now be set up as human only
- Plain black and white liveries added for most vehicles
- UI indication added for when ghost cars are stopped due to time penalty
- Leaderboards will now support going to the top from all positions
- AI will no longer select unreleased vehicles
- Speedcar Xtrem wheels will not disappear
- Improvement to Silverstone joker lap detection
- Costa Rican added as a nationality
- Tyre warnings are improved when in the service area
- Reset line improvements on Mettet
- Delta Daily will now award correct credits
- Improvements to Opel Manta 400 engine audio
- Turning off Personal Best ghosts will keep them off for the remainder of the session
- Visual improvements to some vehicles
- Proximity warnings will not be shown on retired vehicles
- Resuming championships will not damage previously undamaged components
- Stability improvements throughout title
Please note that a further update will follow in the next week, which will focus solely upon FFB – so if you’re wondering where that is, it’s just around the next corner!
As always, if you’re playing the game and notice something that might’ve slipped through the cracks, please post in this thread so we can take a look.
16/05 - update:
Hello everyone! We come bearing exciting news for DiRT Rally 2.0 players - including the FFB update that everyone's been waiting for...
Force Feedback changes
The latest update to arrive to DiRT Rally 2.0 this morning - update 1.4.1 - is primarily focused upon updating the Force Feedback for steering wheels. After looking into comments about the feel from all parts of our community, we’ve changed the way the ‘Suspension’ setting works to try and exhibit the behaviours that you've been requesting. For this update the slider has been set at a default level of 100 for all devices, but this can be changed to suit your preferences.
If you prefer the way things felt previously, then simply head to the Input section of the Options & Extras menu, select your device and then adjust the ‘Suspension’ slider in the Vibration & Feedback tab to 0.
We want to give a huge thanks to the entire community for their feedback and patience while we've looked into implementing these changes - especially to those of you who've taken the time to come back to us with incredibly useful, nuanced feedback about your FFB experiences. It's worth mentioning that while this is the first big update to the FFB, it's definitely a work in progress and we plan to refine the feeling further. Please - let us know what you think.
While we're on inputs, our Principal Game Designer Lee and Senior Programmer Adrian have put together a super handy Input Device Guide for DiRT Rally 2.0. You can take a look at it in all of its PDF glory here.
Season Two content will also be announced tomorrow, so please stay tuned for what the next few months of DiRT will look like. Some of the speculation on the forums has been remarkably close, but we still have a surprise or two up our sleeves - and you won't have to wait much longer to find out what that is.
See you back here tomorrow!
-- PATCH v1.4.1 Bug List --
FORCE FEEDBACK UPDATE IS RELEASED
Based on v1.4's changelog and taking note of the fixes it brings, here's the updated bug list reported in the v1.3 thread, which represents all the bugs that still need fixing
1. The visibility during some stages in New Zealand and Australia is nearly null when played on Sunset or Dusk conditions and the headlights have no effect.(https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/35657-dirt-rally-20-v12-found-a-bug-post-it-here/?do=findComment&comment=411207 and https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/178-dirty-gossip-thread/?do=findComment&comment=409909 and https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/35657-dirt-rally-20-v12-found-a-bug-post-it-here/?do=findComment&amp;comment=415484 ) NOTE: Still present in v1.4, this applies to any rally when run on Sunset/Dusk and sometimes cloudy weathers, headlights have no effect at all when turned on. Headlights don't seem to light far enough during night time as well, and rain during the night is unbearable.
2. Some cars' headlights lack proper glass texture opacity and some of them lack proper mirroring texture within the bulb case (Lancer VI for example) ( https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/35466-whats-wrong-with-dr-20-cars/?do=findComment&comment=406760 )
3. Tyre wear is too forgiving at the moment, making any choice besides Soft and Wet nonsense. Tyre wear, at least on softs, needs to be improved so that it wears way faster than it currently does, so that Medium and Hard compounds are a viable choice whenever there are bigger stages. And if possible, make it so that tyre wear rates also depend on how you drive (if you push harder, higher speed and higher sliding will cause the tyres to wear faster). ( https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/35154-tyre-life-and-running-order/ )
4. There are a few details missing from tail lights when the lights are on and brakes applied ( https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/35466-whats-wrong-with-dr-20-cars/?do=findComment&comment=407285 )
5. The Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI lacks halogen lights during night stages. The game only places the 2 in the front bumper, but it lacks the set on the bonnet. ( https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/34816-dirt-rally-20-v11-found-a-bug-post-it-here/?do=findComment&comment=408600 )
6. AI scoring irregular points in the My Team career ( https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/34816-dirt-rally-20-v11-found-a-bug-post-it-here/?do=findComment&comment=408152 ) NOTE: Needs confirmation in v1.4
7. After a stage when you're in the service then go to the main menu and back again in the service, the tyres you used lose their used condition and just display as "New". NOTE: Needs confirmation in v1.4
8. Some materials while in wet conditions seem to lack proper roughness, making them extra shiny and bland ( https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/34816-dirt-rally-20-v11-found-a-bug-post-it-here/?do=findComment&comment=407693 )
9. Rain drops are white during night when lighted by the headlights. This affects all platforms, although some more than others. Overall the current rain makes the game unplayable during night with headlights turned on. ( https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/35657-dirt-rally-20-v12-found-a-bug-post-it-here/?do=findComment&comment=409302 ) NOTE: Fixed in v1.5
10. There are more reports of stuttering since v1.2, which didn't exist before, due to the wheels being connected. (https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/34777-huge-rhythmic-stutter-on-high-end-pc/ & https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/35684-stuttering-since-update-12/ ) NOTE: Confirmed in v1.4, some people with G29 wheels (and others) are still getting stutters, as well as some who get off-track see their FPS reduced to 20. ( https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/35657-dirt-rally-20-v12-found-a-bug-post-it-here/?do=findComment&comment=408855 )
11. Xbox One|Xbox One S - blurry graphics, unable to turn off TAA. Probably due to hardware limitations.
12. Rally events are appearing twice in the same career championship, omitting one rally ( https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/35657-dirt-rally-20-v12-found-a-bug-post-it-here/?do=findComment&comment=410026 ) NOTE: Seems to be fixed in v1.4
13. There's a set of graphic bugs on PC Steam version v1.2 (still to confirm in consoles) while in headcam, objects levitating, seeing through car panels, etc ( https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/35657-dirt-rally-20-v12-found-a-bug-post-it-here/?do=findComment&comment=409819 and https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/35657-dirt-rally-20-v12-found-a-bug-post-it-here/?do=findComment&comment=415454 ) NOTE: Confirmed in v1.4, Lancia Stratos still has clipping panels on headcam while using the lowest FOV setting on PC.
14. Xbox One|Xbox One X - Screen tearing and black screens problems on Xbox One and Xbox One X ( https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/35657-dirt-rally-20-v12-found-a-bug-post-it-here/?do=findComment&comment=409736 ) NOTE: Needs confirmation in v1.4
15. To get the trophy "Watch the delta" and "Living the dream" you have to buy the Group A and B cars that are already included in the Deluxe Edition. Sometimes the achievement won't be unlocked even after buying all the cars.
16. Despite the 7th rally being added to the game (Monte Carlo), championships only have 6 events. Should get adjusted as locations get added.
17. During replay, tyres are squeaking on snow/ice/gravel surfaces like if it was tarmac. This happens when track degradation is OFF. ( https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/36042-next-patch/?do=findComment&comment=415800 )
18. Wipers remain automatic even after being disabled in the settings. Wipers in auto-mode, sometimes (but rarely) will stop working during the stage even if it's raining. NOTE: Keep the wipers button pressed for a second to turn them off.
19. Invisible object collisions in Monte Carlo near the wall (trees) ( https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/35657-dirt-rally-20-v12-found-a-bug-post-it-here/?do=findComment&comment=411526 )
20. We are unable to scroll up to the top or down to the bottom in the leaderboards right after finishing the stage ( https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/35657-dirt-rally-20-v12-found-a-bug-post-it-here/?do=findComment&comment=412353 ) NOTE: Fixed in v1.4.
21. There's reports that "Unexpected Moments" stop appearing after a certain time spent in career.
22. PS4 (and maybe Xbox) - There's reports of Modern Classics achievement not unlocking.
23. Argentinian flag flickers in one of the argentinian stages ( https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/35657-dirt-rally-20-v12-found-a-bug-post-it-here/?do=findComment&comment=412905 )
24. If you don't take spare tyres and have a puncture in a stage, the tyre will still get repaired on the next one. Happening in Custom Multiplayer Events. This used to work before, at least in My Team, before v1.2. Should this be restricted to My Team mode only, it needs to be implement in Custom Events as well.
25. We can't change the Penalty Times parameter while setting up a Custom Event. ( https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/35657-dirt-rally-20-v12-found-a-bug-post-it-here/?do=findComment&comment=414541 )
26. On custom events stage results, the penalty time does not account for the service penalty time (when applied) and therefore will give misleading stage times. Example: Player 1 had a service penalty time, but his stage time shows as if he didn't get a penalty at all. Basically there's no track of this penalty and there's no certainty to the other players in the session wether this penalty has been applied or not. Bug confirmed yesterday while playing with some friends.
27. "Tune Vehicle" option in service area not appearing in My Team Online Events unless returning to service area from main menu. NOTE: Fixed in v1.5
28. Sound cutting bug is still present.
29. Spanish co-driver call is incorrect in Poland stage "Lejno" and "Zienki". Should say "izquierda uno" (left one) and not "derecha uno" (right one) ( https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/36317-dirt-rally-20-v13-found-a-bug-post-it-here/?do=findComment&comment=415733 )
30. The portuguese translation or "Clear" weather is wrong, it should say "Céu Limpo" or simply "Limpo" and not "Limpar". "Limpar" is used as "to clean", and "limpo" alone makes no sense because that's just not how we use the verbs, we say it's "clear" like "sky clear", which doesnt make sense in english but that's the way it is in PT-PT and PT-BR. Eitherway, rather have it shown as "Limpo" than "Limpar". ( https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/36317-dirt-rally-20-v13-found-a-bug-post-it-here/?do=findComment&comment=415813 )
31. When selecting recommended repairs in a service area, components out of view stay on 'no fix' unless you scroll down to view and reselect recommended repairs.
32. If you try to load a saved championship in Freeplay/Custom, it won't load. NOTE: This bug came on the Sweden 4.5GB pre-load patch on Thursday, April 18 (Steam)
33. Whenever you pause the game or start a new stage, if you're using dashcam (and maybe if you define different cockpit positions), the game will reset the camera to cockpit. Those who drive in the default cockpit already don't experience this issue, and this only happens with External Cameras setting turned off. NOTE: This bug came on the Sweden 4.5GB pre-load patch on Thursday, April 18 (Steam)
34. PS4 (and maybe Xbox) - Textures flicker black for fractions of seconds sometimes.
35. Fanatec CSL Elite is now showing the rev lights in reverse (right to left) since 1.4 update. Meaning from highest blue rev light at Low RPM to lowest red rev light at High RPM. Wheels confirmed so far (Porsche RSR, BMW GT2 Rim)
36. Some people are getting black snow for a few seconds in Sweden. It also happens on Australia's last sector of Mount Kaye Pass but it's not certain. There are some parts of some stages that flash either black or white like if lighting was adjusted. This bug has been here for a long time (at least for Australia) but hasn't been mentioned.
37. Shadows are giving a weird low resolution stripe effect when seen from interior cameras. This is probably also responsible for creating this shadow grid effect in the track surface. (Interior: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/547916290833252376/580061880727502848/20190427111535_1.jpg Exterior: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/547916290833252376/580061923027058700/20190427111548_1.jpg )
38. Leaderboards seem to be bugged and displaying incorrect times ( https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/37295-dirt-rally-20-v14-found-a-bug-post-it-here-update-v141/?do=findComment&comment=427601 ) NOTE: Fixed in v1.5
39. RallyCross - AI cars seem to start the events full of mud while the player's car is clean. NOTE: Fixed in v1.5
40. Car bodywork parts are disappearing. Visual glitch.
41. Engine sound is cutting out on replays, apparently only in Time Trials. Reported in an Xbox One X but might be extended to other platforms.
42. A pacenote is missing one of the Germany stages ( https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/37295-dirt-rally-20-v14-found-a-bug-post-it-here-update-v141/?do=findComment&comment=427767 )
43. Headlights are missing some glow+lens flare effect from DiRT4 at night when watching from outside. (DR2: | D4: )
44. Some pacenotes seem to be in the wrong channel (there's reports of it happening in New England in the Left/right hairpins), and there's also reports of pacenotes being way too low on the volume in some Germany sections.
45. Dirt doesn't carry on to the next stage. Dirt should carry on to the next stages (cumulative dirt), up until there's a service where the car is automatically cleaned.
46. Phil Mills keeps repeating "over finish" when you get close to the finish of the german stages, and also on some swedish stages. He repeats it once more once you cross the finish line, on to the stop. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02WLcfRCDvs )
47. For some reason, the new liveries do not stay in the cars once selected. When leaving and reentering, those cars (fulvia, kadett, rs200, polo gti, subaru wrx) return to have the livery "1"
The list is getting smaller. Would love to see a comment on bug #1 after the FFB update is dealt with.