DiRT Rally 2.0 - V1.4 - found a bug? Post it here! [UPDATE: v1.4.1]

Sad News. Try the same stage without Particular effects ... Don't need to record a video, just answer was it better or not

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, RallyLover19 said:

Sad News. Try the same stage without Particular effects ... Don't need to record a video, just answer was it better or not

I try Ultra Low without anything + disable taa, aniso. fsaa and happens same. In rut - 100+ fps. At roadside it depends to place 25-40 fps. In narrow places fps drop in turns. You can see in middle of first video this try to use all off + ultra low.

I can't even use ultra high + all on, because in rut I have 35-40 fps and outside again lower fps.

Edited by Awasaky

Well the co-driver calls are working today in replays using the two cockpit views but not my much needed helicopter view šŸ˜ž

@CM_Ads

the leaderbordĀ of the monthly events are always broken and we can never have the general ranking, only stage by stage
why do not you repair that?

Posted (edited)

I did a lot of testing yesterday and today and I must sadly confirm it: there is a problem with multiple inputs on PS4. When the th8a sequential shifter is recognized as a new device (connected to the second usb slot), it somehow reacts with force feedback, making self aligning torque on my t150 much less detailed and pronounced. When I disconnect the shifter, or connect to the wheel base (which makes assigning the handbrake inputĀ  impossible), the ffb goes back to normal. Doesn't happen in other games. Also, it has nothing to do with the update, because the same thing happens with the unpatched game.Ā 

@RiggsCan we add it to the list of bugs?

Edited by danielofifi

Considering you told us there's a major upgrade from DR1 so stage is not that hard and undeformable, I consider it as a bugdirtrally2_2019_05_17_18_09_07_604.thumb.jpg.6cbea87638ce782049178d357bdb5a0b.jpg

Ā 

Also, 1.4 update when you changed something in leaderboard to repair "go to top" issue bring new bug for me:

dirtrally2_2019_05_17_17_53_11_642.thumb.jpg.eed87c1db1f6dcda1d087d882a327861.jpg

Happens absolutely every time since update.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, AcidSTR said:

Ā 

2. change turbo sound, it's unrealistic. Driver in cockpit... in helmet, don't hear so many details.

https://youtu.be/DrIj1lvq2kw

annoying turbo sound, this sound is unbearable on the headphones,Ā  or plx make option to assign a sound from other views. In DR1 everything was way, way beter,

Ā 

Eh?Ā  What details are you talking about?Ā  I don't hear anything special in your video other than you playing with the equalizer.Ā  What's the problem?Ā  Which part of the sound is the Turbo according to you?Ā  Do you hear the turbine whine or something?

Posted (edited)

steam is getting a update on dirt 4.6 giga ,is anyone knows what is it ?

pc versionĀ 

Edited by nasoduko

The data is unlocked later with season pass or DLC

are racenet chalenges open for you ,cause i cant get in there ,to play on my teamĀ 

Ā 

Thanks for the update!

The co-driver voice goes very low at two moments:

1. Before the stage starts
  2. When approaching the finish line

Environment:

• Language: French
  • Platform: PlayStation 4

It doesn't impact much the game but would be a nice to fix.

Thanks

• Agree 2

The number of bugĀ reports is insane šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ massive patch needed everyone clear some hardrive space in a month... or 2Ā Ā šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, DraculaPT said:

Rpm meter on Golf GTI (H2) is upside down.

20190518_002202.jpg

This is normal. Some race cars have upside down to Easier see rpm

• Agree 2

Yeah this one has been doublechecked and an official statement by Jon Armstrong said this was intended.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I've noticed what seems to be a game breaking bug in the Weekly Events (I'm sure Monthly is affected as well) whereas if I leave whileĀ being in a Service Station and come back to finish the stages, the tire selection screen is bugged out. Notice in the imagesĀ below that it only gives me a set of two to three sets instead of how many I should be getting based on the Service Stations available in that event (five to six IĀ believe?). It also changed what tire compound I'm using as well. For some reason in the Spain event, it gave me Winter tires?? But I know for a fact I chose Softs, but the game does know that I've used them because of its current status. I don't know if its a UI bug or the fact the game actually changed tires for me. It ruined the stages for me because of this. I've tired Australia to see if my suspicionĀ was correct and guess what, I was right. Dang.

Spain Weekly Bonus EventĀ 

NewCanvas3.thumb.png.cbd6247f71de4134135fcb10db2a3cc4.png

Ā 

Australia Weekly Event

711486689_AustraliaWeeklyR2.thumb.png.dc7ca49b699c57615fc464a5a5e2ca4a.png

Edited by eastcoast27
Grammar

Please make that will be possible to save FFB settings like in DR1!!Ā 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

In vehicle preparation area for daily community event, recommended repairs bug is still present where components down the scroll list remain on 'no fix' until recommended repairs button is selected again with them in view.

Edited by KoAStR
PC version.

11 hours ago, Bigsur said:

Cool.

Ā 

Dirt-Rally-2-Screenshot-2019.05.17---20.16.50.jpg

with all this weight loss i bet you made the best time ,,,

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2019 at 7:41 AM, Doomguy405 said:

I'm experiencing some stuttering / hitching when playing with my wheel (Logitech DFGT) that isn't present when playing with my 360 controller. It's akin to what is described in this thread;

Though the solution proposed seems far from ideal.

Just to remind at the rhythmic stutter bug.

This bug is nearly as annoying as the career reset, but after some discussion after the release there seems nothing happening to solve this bug.

After the FFB patch I tried the game but it's not really playable if you have this stutter each few seconds.

I have attached a Afterburner picture which shows very clearly these rhythmic stutter where the screen stop and drops 5 fps and the runs smooth on until the next stutter as you can see the graphics card is only used up to 35% it's not related to graphics or CPU power, it's a problem with the HID reading of DR2.

DR2_framedrops_1.jpg

Added alsoĀ DxDiag_2019-05-18.txtĀ if some of the devs would have a look.

Edited by Peter Mathen
  • Agree 1