DiRT Rally 2.0 - V1.4 - found a bug? Post it here! [UPDATE: v1.4.1]

When collecting rewards for dailies, often the picture of the rally doesn't reflect what the actual reward is for. For example, you collect money for a Group A daily in Australia, but the picture is showing Poland.

Also, you still have to quit to the main menu and reload the service area in a weekly in order to change car tuning.

• Agree 2

56 minutes ago, Peter Mathen said:

Just to remind at the rhythmic stutter bug.

This bug is nearly as annoying as the career reset, but after some discussion after the release there seems nothing happening to solve this bug.

After the FFB patch I tried the game but it's not really playable if you have this stutter each few seconds.

I have attached a Afterburner picture which shows very clearly these rhythmic stutter where the screen stop and drops 5 fps and the runs smooth on until the next stutter as you can see the graphics card is only used up to 35% it's not related to graphics or CPU power, it's a problem with the HID reading of DR2.

DR2_framedrops_1.jpg

Added also DxDiag_2019-05-18.txt if some of the devs would have a look.

To make it clear, that's a HID reading problem, here an additional Afterburner picture where you can see the rhythmic stutter (only sitting at the starting line) and then after a while I unplugged a device (where the larger frame drop is) and you can clearly see after that the stutter is completely gone. Even driving the stage after a while (where the graph of the GPU workload is starting to move) no frame drop at all.

DR2_framedrops_2.jpg

• Agree 3

This constant fps drops I had when I used to use the old ffb wheel.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

As others have noted, the audio cut out bug is still very much alive and well, unfortunately! Stage 7 of 8 in my career racing in Sweden (racing at night under heavy snow conditions, surprise surprise 😑😑) and no audio about 1/3 of the way into the stage. Codemasters, please, I implore you, make this priority number 1! This game has been out far too long and the number of users reporting it far too plentiful for the audio cut out to be continuing! We’re almost at season 2 of the DLC content and a bug that has been prevalent since day 1 is still here! I enjoy the game, I am happy that you guys are continuing to push new material, but this needs addressed and fixed ASAP. 

Edited by tharding67
Grammar
  • Agree 1

NEW BUG WITH TIRES IN SERVICE AREA

When returning to the championship, previously "new" tires are now "worn" and only 1 tire change remaining for the rest of the rally when there should be more. Such as when you have only used 1 set of 5 and you quit and then return to the championship and only 1 of 5 changes are remaining, instead of 4 of 5.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, JosephM635 said:

When returning to the championship, previously "new" tires are now "worn" and only 1 tire change remaining for the rest of the rally when there should be more. Such as when you have only used 1 set of 5 and you quit and then return to the championship and only 1 of 5 changes are remaining, instead of 4 of 5.

I also encountered similar situation. There must be some bug in tire changes.

Already been mentioned possibly but when doing Weekly and Monthly challenges it only shows me the stage time and never an overall leaderboard. 

I like to see how badly I am doing overall!!

Trophy adaptable. What is happening with this? So many hours of playing and I can't take it. 

8 hours ago, JosephM635 said:

I just encountered this. Disastrous.

All well and good; but I still sit here at the Start Page after 3 weeks unable to play the game because nothing I do will let me in. Rob did contact me recently and tell me you guys didn't have my DxDiag file which I have sent at least three times.  Hope someone can help me...I'm running out of time before I have to get a refund on the game.

Attached is a copy of my DxDiag.txt file.

Thanks,

Val 

DxDiag.txt

Another small thing which is a design fault rather than a bug is if you run interior cam but without any HUD you can't see the starting gantry lights on most RX circuits 

• Agree 2

@Riggs would you mind noticing my bugs from page 10 of this thread into your list?

Question for codies, is there any particular reason, access to standings is so incredibly limited? Why can't we check this mid event, even from service area? Something that was perfect in DR1 is ruined in DR2 becouse I don't know what. I compete in monthly with my friend and we're not able to check our times stage by stage. Really poor thing.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Monaco Hit Box issue, Col de Turini Depart: I posted this on Twitter, but here's a link to it. There's a video of two guard rails meeting up and where they meet, I suddenly get bounced across the track like I hit something even though I'm all the way over the white line from the guard rails. It probably 2/3rds or more down the stage towards the bottom, btw. Right before one of the one right corners

https://twitter.com/zedzd3d/status/1130036389687336960

Edited by heavyboots

i have asked  codemasters a blinkin to the center for gears since we with widescreens is difficult to notice  ,still waiting for a message from the mhorsmanuk the producer and christine 

i have asked people in here to help me ,and i took my balls .....

so i went a walk to the toilet wiling to get some help ,and on the first plits , God respond me,and ...... 

Untitled.png

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

G29 owners still can't set up sensitivity of the wheel, please don't forget about implementing it!

I mean, option is there but it is disabled, and locked to 50% :

Screenshot_20190520_012217.jpg

Edited by davmanypsp

For context, I have a 1070 and a 6600k running a 2560x1080 monitor. Last night and many nights before I had no problem running this game at a stable 60 FPS with msaa x8 and all high/ultra settings. Today I started the game up and chose one of the daily events, and when the tuning/shakedown menu appeared I was getting 5-10 FPS, and if I started the race I would get 20-30 FPS max with spikes down in the single digits. This is only during the staging before starting the race and during the race, menus and the little nature shots of the track/stage are running 60FPS no problem. I turned all the settings down as much as possible and I couldn't get more than 45 FPS, mostly staying around 30. I reinstalled the game, did a fresh reinstall of my graphics driver, and reverted my GPU overclock to stock and nothing helped. This game has become completely unplayable overnight for no apparent reason. I am very computer savvy and I have no idea what else to do.

Posted (edited)

18/19 May 2019 - Daily Challenge - Approche du Col de Turini - Montée - Monte Carlo - Monaco
Co-driver start intro is wrong!
He says "Starts keep left over 30 3 right" but it's actually "30 3 left long tightens into 3 right opens 80..."
There's not much point in that intro bit if it's going to be wrong!

Edited by scottishjim
Oops! Wrong dates...

New achievements will be added for first season?

Rev / shift light bar doesn't work in Ford Focus RS Rally 2007 dash on PC.

Hello Team,

After this leatest patch, I have a serious problem with the program:

I using a Fanatec V2 Base with Clubsport pedal, H-Shifter and Handbrake. At the start of the Special Stage I put the 1st gear, hold the Handy, increase the rev, but when I loose the handy the car stay at the starting line, no move. I can increase the rev with the throttle, can change all of the gears, but nothing happened... :(

I tried with RC and Rally cars as well, sequential and H-shift cars but still the same. Moreover, if I changed the tranmission to automatic mode, still not move in the start...

I checked my wheel at other racing games and Windows as well, but it is perfect. I tried to reinstall the program via Steam, but the problem still exsist.

Summary, I am unable to use the program... :(

Any tips?

Posted (edited)

Soft lock not working with Fanatec CSL elite PS4 version on PC (calibrated at full native lock). Not sure if working with any vehicles but certainly not in the 4wd up to 2000cc class vehicles. In game car lock is mapping to wheel hardware lock not reduced native car lock

Edited by KoAStR
And as others have reported shift lights on wheel base are lighting up right to left instead of left to right in all cars.

59 minutes ago, GalaHU said:

Hello Team,

After this leatest patch, I have a serious problem with the program:

I using a Fanatec V2 Base with Clubsport pedal, H-Shifter and Handbrake. At the start of the Special Stage I put the 1st gear, hold the Handy, increase the rev, but when I loose the handy the car stay at the starting line, no move. I can increase the rev with the throttle, can change all of the gears, but nothing happened... :(

I tried with RC and Rally cars as well, sequential and H-shift cars but still the same. Moreover, if I changed the tranmission to automatic mode, still not move in the start...

I checked my wheel at other racing games and Windows as well, but it is perfect. I tried to reinstall the program via Steam, but the problem still exsist.

Summary, I am unable to use the program... :(

Any tips?

Re-map your handbrake and give it a try.

With several of the German stages I now have the disappering sound bug.

Never had any problems with sound before