DiRT Rally 2.0 - V1.4 - found a bug? Post it here! [UPDATE: v1.4.1]

Since the last update I’m getting the sound cut off bug much more frequently (on Xbox one x) surely this should of been fixed by now!!

• Agree 1

Fix that windshield wiper bug.

• Agree 1

The Polish rallycross spotter has got fewer lines than the English one. He doesn't tell you about the lights, comment on your personal bests and generally gives a lot less information during the race. Is this intended or is it a bug? I wonder how it compares to other languages?

Also, I wish we could choose different languages for the spotter and co-pilot. If I want to have an English spotter, but a Polish co-driver, I have to keep changing the settings.

2 hours ago, J89 said:

Fix that windshield wiper bug.

Is it really that hard to hold wipers button for one second to switch them off? 🙂

• Disagree 2

On 5/21/2019 at 6:29 PM, Snoopy43 said:

Rear wing from BMW is missing when in service park before start of the event 🙂  

IMG_9996.jpg

It is not missing, is just that, for some cars, the remove the engine cover in the service park.

• Agree 3

The headlights need to be improved for more realistic !!! Thanks
  • Agree 2

41 minutes ago, Snoopy43 said:

Is it really that hard to hold wipers button for one second to switch them off? 🙂

It doesn't help, they still work randomly.

1 hour ago, J89 said:

It doesn't help, they still work randomly.

What platform do you use? I normally switch them off and they don't bother me until the finish of the stage. 

I have been able to verify that in Xbox One the parameters of friction of the tire do not exist in the settings of FFB of the steering wheel. When on other platforms if it lets you adjust them. It can be a failure? I attach images of xbox and Pc

IMG_20190522_233416.jpg

Screenshot_20190522-191527.jpg

Posted (edited)

I wish there was more detail and consistency in the pace notes. They were much better in DR1.

For instance, there is often a wall or railing on exit or inside that isn't called at Spain, and same for Monaco where in DR1 it is called (and I still need that reminder!). Spain is notorious for back to back corners with varying radii being called the same. No mention of the cliff I find myself falling down either!

There seems to be no "keep out" call, with "don't cut" being used instead. But these shouldn't be the same as one requires a positive response while the other is passive. E.g. Argentina where there can be both rocks off track limits or rock faces overhanging track limits.

Again with "tightens" which is used for slot of scenarios where more detail is warranted and often not distinct from "narrow". Most often first corner call is numbered but second is not even if the tightening is severe.

Timing could also be improved. I have calls set as early as possible and yet some are still called too late to respond safely. Especially where a long radius tightens abruptly into a short or other 'caution'ary call. Often the sequence of the call for tightens is misleading, especially when combined with a 'very long' variant.

Edited by KoAStR
Typos
  • Agree 4

19 minutes ago, KoAStR said:

I wish there was more detail and consistency in the pace notes. They were much better in DR1.

For instance, there is often a wall or railing on exit or inside that isn't called at Spain, and same for Monaco where in DR1 it is called (and I still need that reminder!). Spain is notorious for back to back corners with varying radii being called the same. No mention of the cliff I find myself falling down either!

There seems to be no "keep out" call, with "don't cut" being used instead. But these shouldn't be the same as one requires a positive response while the other is passive. E.g. Argentina where there can be both rocks off track limits or rock faces overhanging track limits.

Again with "tightens" which is used for slot of scenarios where more detail is warranted and often not distinct from "narrow". Most often first corner call is numbered but second is not even if the tightening is severe.

Timing could also be improved. I have calls set as early as possible and yet some are still called too late to respond safely. Especially where a long radius tightens abruptly into a short or other 'caution'ary call. Often the sequence of the call for tightens is misleading, especially when combined with a 'very long' variant.

I agree with you, for the most part. There are calls, especially in the rallies that have been carried over from DR1, that make me long for the Dirt Rally 1 notes. One that comes to mind is the Monte Carlo stage where this is a hill going up on the inside of the corner, and there’s no “Don’t cut” or “keep out” note. If I didn’t know that corner from DR1, I think there’d be many a time where I’d keep in on the corner and easily flip my car. Or, one of the things I’ve mentioned a few times on this forum, is the lack of acute hairpins, hairpins, and open hairpins. Now, they seem to have numbers assigned to them more frequently, rather than a hairpin designation. There is a difference between a 2-right and a hairpin right. That might be a bit of a nit picky thing, but it does make a difference in the confidence I have taking a turn. I know that there will be constant changes as physics and co-driver tendencies change, but there definitely is a shift in approach for this game that didn’t necessarily apply in DR1. 

• Agree 1

The leaderboard issue that exists with the weekly and monthly online challenges is rather demotivating.  No longer does it show the progress I am making with my overall ranking and I have no idea how to get it to show that.  That has drained the fun out of doing the weeklies and monthies.  Only did one weekly last week, and now one weekly this week to confirm the issue still exists.  I don't like seeing the stage position for each individual stage.  This seems to be my biggest issue at this point in time, though it'd also be nice if the unexpected events were fixed to come back without a profile reset, which wouldn't guarantee the issue wouldn't re-appear anyway.  

• Agree 4

RAIN is one of the worst part of DR 2.0, not just because you can't see anything with headlights on and not just for it looks  like made for previous console games... but its annoying sound effects!
Rain sound is too loud even in the cabin!

Can't hear my co-driver just the annoying rain sound - i've just noticed first time in Germany, but in general rain noise is way to loud!

Please set its volume down and stop playing that annoying rain sound in the interior
Thanks

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RallyLover19 said:

RAIN is one of the worst part of DR 2.0, not just because you can't see anything with headlights on and not just for it looks  like made for previous console games... but its annoying sound effects!
Rain sound is too loud even in the cabin!

Can't hear my co-driver just the annoying rain sound - i've just noticed first time in Germany, but in general rain noise is way to loud!

Please set its volume down and stop playing that annoying rain sound in the interior
Thanks

I have no problem with the rain sound using interior cameras. My co-driver volume is reduced to 50, with everything else at the default 100 and I still hear the co-driver clearly over the rain sound. Are you sure you have your speakers correctly set?

Edited by Lollerke
  • Disagree 1

When an animal crosses the road in front of you and you watch the replay, you can't see the animal. 😞

• Sad 1
  • Disagree 1

29 minutes ago, danielofifi said:

When an animal crosses the road in front of you and you watch the replay, you can't see the animal. 😞

there are more important things than others .....

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, GregPit81 said:

Are there more important things? Yes.

Is it a bug? Yes.

I'm a perfectionist, sorry. ;]

Edited by danielofifi
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, GregPit81 said:

A bug can be a hint for solving another bug. Coherence.

Greetings.

Posted (edited)

**** Codies .... Start doing your games perfect again...With new "patch" is game more broken..Sound falls off, speakers just burst... unplayable without sound... 

PC

Edited by MightyDread
platform updated

WTH is this?

and why on earth there is not setup at the servicepark in weeklies???????????

20190523191508_1.jpg

Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2019 at 9:28 PM, Snoopy43 said:

Yes it is, if you could do it while wait startlights go green then it would be no problem but when you have to do it while drive and every second matters then it really disturb.
If there is such of option at game menu it should work.
Same thing with headlights, it would be better give choice to turn those on/off when waiting startlights go green.

Is there new community manager or is communication between gamers and devs now totally zero?

Edited by SimFunny
  • Agree 1

In online RX custom liveries are now shown to others ( like it was in dirt4). Just another disappointment

4 hours ago, SimFunny said:

Is there new community manager or is communication between gamers and devs now totally zero?

Don't think anyone knows but I wouldn't blame them if they left it a while until everyone settles down on here.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2019 at 2:37 PM, KoAStR said:

Same for me on PC. I don't think soft lock is working in any of the vehicles.

On 5/22/2019 at 8:11 AM, GregPit81 said:

for me the soft lock does not work as it should.
Some car have strange steering angles
a few examples Golf, HF Integral 990, RX2 630, I must each time check the steering angle at shakedown, I can not rely on soft lock mode.
Did anyone else notice that?

_______

the soft lock parameter does not support the angle or position of the steering stops but the force applied to the steering wheel to make it feel that the Wheel is in stop. Each car has a specific travel angle and direction ( when  soft lock is on,  in advanced parameters tab )

Edited by Didd31