DiRT Rally 2.0 - V1.4 - found a bug? Post it here! [UPDATE: v1.4.1]

Posted (edited)

@cmMikeRobson @CMMcBabe @CM Adrian Paul Smith

how it is possible that on some stages in argentina i set better times in night/dry conditions then in day/dry conditions????

i explain you why:  the camera shaking is so strong that i ca'tn focus my eyes on the road on daytime,  i've made a poll about that, with 90% of people giving me right that shaking is too ecxessive.

never heard anything more about that question from you........

Edited by teknoid85
  • Agree 6

Posted (edited)
(PC)
* Could you improve the translation of the Italian codriver? many words are not correctly translated, and this can lead to mistakes in race, and in rally, the codriver's voice is everything!
* Spain (Comienzo en Bellriu, Ascenso por valle el Gaulet), the note "right 2" is missing before the right inversion.
* Germany, in some stage the codriver voice is lower. Some notes are given too late, others too early.
* We ask you if you can add the "H shifter with clutch or sequential" option based on the type of car; It's frustrating to change the option every time you change the type of car.

Thank's!
Edited by Deltone91

still a ranking bug, in the monthly event against AI, when we return to the main menu and we come back in the race, the ranking is wrong, all times are the same for everyone.

No interest to do this test as long as this bug is not fixed.

the game will never be finished

87969384-972B-4F36-86E1-444D51E0CCE1.jpeg

• Haha 1

Still getting sound bug - Audio cuts out and all I can hear is the slight sound of gravel hitting the car. 

Happening on both Australia & Spain tracks. 

Tried all sound setting's - nothing works. 

Please fix this.. been going on since Feb

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, Remus said:

Still getting sound bug - Audio cuts out and all I can hear is the slight sound of gravel hitting the car. 

Happening on both Australia & Spain tracks. 

Tried all sound setting's - nothing works. 

Please fix this.. been going on since Feb

They've been hunting this one since launch, seems like a tough one to catch but hopefully they'll get it 😉

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

@cmMikeRobson @CMMcBabe @CM Adrian Paul Smith

how it is possible that on some stages in argentina i set better times in night/dry conditions then in day/dry conditions????

i explain you why:  the camera shaking is so strong that i can focus my eyes on the road,  i've made a poll about that, with 90% of people giving me right that shaking is too ecxessive.

never heard anything more about that question from you........

A simple "lock to horizon" option would solve the problem. I expect this from the first Dirt Rally. Argentina is literally unplayable with cockpit cam. What a bad support. 😠

Edited by orangejuiced83
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

You can downshift gear from 5 do 1 and no engine damage 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, tea3k said:

You can downshift gear from 5 do 1 and no engine damage 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Heh. You can go from 2nd gear back to reverse, back to 2nd, rev, 2nd etc and not do any damage. It's like a big shopping trolley, not great for a 'sim' though.

This is a nitpicky thing and should be low priority CM (compared to audio bugs that are still present and rain graphics that you’re supposedly working on) but the crowd doesn’t seem to adjust with the weather like they used to. Just did the daily stage at Kreuzring (sp?) reverse in daytime, heavy rain, and the crowd was standing around in short sleeves and no marshals or anyone had hoods on, like seen in previous games. I live in NE Ohio, and I’m used to rain, and if it is raining buckets like it was in the stage just now, most people have at least some sort of protection. 

I created a Custom Championship for 2000 category. I can select the car for the first rally, but for the second one, the game dosen’t give you the option to play with the car you want to use. Example: You select the Subaru Impreza for the first rally, and for the second rally, the game doesn’t show the option to select again the Subaru and they just force you to play with the Citroen C4 (which casually or not, is the first selectable car of 2000 category).

It’s frustrating, because if you want to play all the rounds with the Subaru, you can actually play with the Subaru for the first rally. After that, you will be forced to use the Citroën C4 for the rest of the championship.

Posted (edited)

missing driver and co-driver, and also the steering wheel remains motionless. to someone else this happens in freeplay modes timetrial etcetera?

Edited by elrojodp8

(PS4)

In service area between stages, tuning car option is not available. I must exit and then resume rally, and then appear.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2019 at 2:25 PM, MattyH1812 said:

And here's an even more ridiculous example from Canada. 7 seconds ahead of 2nd place in my heat, and a full 10 seconds behind the overall winner, with an overall difference of 23 seconds from 1st to 20th over 4 laps. I'm not even mad, that's hilarious 😂

Canada.thumb.jpg.fb0e8a51f4c81219e975bddb39719ff1.jpg

Rallycross AI difficulty needs to be rebalanced between tracks too. Because it's not consistent at the same level of difficulty 😕 Or at least allow us to change difficulty between each race of an event... Thanks in advance @ChristinaMc

Edited by joulz75

Dirt Rally 2.0. Fresh new install today on PC. Hangs at start screen, disconnected all usb devices other than keyboard, still no reaction to anything. Keyboard is working fine, though.

Co-driver calls are permanently on in replays now.

Used to be broken in that turning them "on" in the replay options menu switched them off completely, now setting on or off for the co-driver calls does nothing - whenever there's a car view in mixed or you manually switch to a car view, you'll hear snippets of the co-driver no matter what. Annoying.

Oh, and still getting that sound cut out bug randomly. Very annoying.

On 5/29/2019 at 3:19 PM, CarlesWRC said:

I created a Custom Championship for 2000 category. I can select the car for the first rally, but for the second one, the game dosen’t give you the option to play with the car you want to use. Example: You select the Subaru Impreza for the first rally, and for the second rally, the game doesn’t show the option to select again the Subaru and they just force you to play with the Citroen C4 (which casually or not, is the first selectable car of 2000 category).

It’s frustrating, because if you want to play all the rounds with the Subaru, you can actually play with the Subaru for the first rally. After that, you will be forced to use the Citroën C4 for the rest of the championship.

Wrote about this bug on the previous page. Since then it has also occured in R5 custom championship. Deleted all saved events/championships to make sure its not related to old save files. Still happens, this time btw 4th and 5th round. Used the Skoda but got the Fiesta, which is the first selectable car in the R5 list. Was able to revert back two rounds later.

Leaderboard issue in the Rewards screen. Which still lacks info so luckily I have a video to look back at.

Daily Challenge 31/05/19 R2 - Zienki |  Łęczna County - Poland

Leader did the stage in minus -12:46.708!

139533627_DiRTRally2_0_20190601112447.thumb.jpg.8a472e8ee3496cd74a4572e270fcd80d.jpg

• Haha 1

Hello
I noticed a bug, when you have Audi Sport Quattro S1 E2 and you drive it with manual h pattern with clutch (in settings) then you can't hear the umluft wastegate whistle sound effects! ("turbo whistles). When you choose to manual sequential then you can hear it... pretty odd...

Posted (edited)

An update on the lighting problem after i've done some proper testing:

Most of this is pasted from discord's feedback channel, so pardon me the faulty identation. Make sure you see the pictures in full-screen.

Graphics on Medium-Low

Waimarama course in NZ, Sunset Dry, lights are on, brightness 1.0, thats the evo 6, dashcam.

unknown.png

unknown.png

imo this isn't good enough there is no way that road is getting dark with halogen lights max + the extra bulbs not just the distance needs improve, the road surface is darker than the rest somethings wrong see it in full screen

and like Caer proved some places get brighter if u switch from dash to cockpit cam just a little brighter though not sure if it has to do with the angle you get to the sun or whatever

the night one is Waimarama Sprint Forward, Night / Light Showers / Wet, evo 6, same settings and cam

Graphics on Ultra

unknown.png

everything on ultra, so this is not an question of graphics, there's barely any difference, most of it being definition-wise.

unknown.png

this is a fine example, of the light range problem, the scenery appears to get a proper dim light fading distance while the road gets totally black

unknown.png

another angle.

Anyway look at the sky, this is supposed to be night time and you can clearly see the sun's colors in there, like if simply a filter or HDR was applied to the whole world and then the lights were boosted and the car's reflected light boosted as well to be visible

This would explain the lack of light given by the headlights during Sunset, since they are not supposed to be turned on at all, so their value wasnt adjusted

I hope all this feedback helps. Until we get any comments on how this is made, all the possibilities and suspicions posted here are pure speculation, because we don't know how this is being done.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 6
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2019 at 11:57 PM, andmcq said:

Heh. You can go from 2nd gear back to reverse, back to 2nd, rev, 2nd etc and not do any damage. It's like a big shopping trolley, not great for a 'sim' though.

6 hours ago, Riggs said:

I hope all this feedback helps. Until we get any comments on how this is made, all the possibilities and suspicions posted here are pure speculation, because we don't know how this is being done.

I think this whole SpaghettiCodeMasters product is more a bad emulation, than a simulation, which leads to a lot of unnecessary coherences and stupid bugs.
The driving physic seems an emulation too.

After testing and playing the RBR tarmac physics, I don't want to play Dirt Rally 2.0 anymore.

In 0.59 updates we have finally Dirt Rally 2.0, maybe then I give it a try again.

I mean SpaghettiCodeMasters has more than 30 years experience and almost 50 Racing-Games and 
they can't even implement an intelligent and optionalizable viewing-line, where you can see the vibrations of the car, but still have 
a kind of stable viewing-line to the horizon.
Or they can't or don't create tarmac tracks, which are lively with a lot of micro- and macro-bumps and unformed track-shape. 
No, the tarmac-tracks are just smooth, which is also a hint for me, that this product is just an emulation, without e.g. modern tire-deformation-physics.

A good software-architecture could lead to a good optionalizable and extendable game.

I think they use new developers for this niche product, and if they are good developers, they can promote to the F1 201x programming.

Greetings

Edited by MBastieK
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 4

On 5/23/2019 at 3:58 AM, Snoopy43 said:

Is it really that hard to hold wipers button for one second to switch them off? 🙂

Does your real car always have wipers on???

• Agree 1

Any one else have an issue in Germany when a stage is finished, phi mills repeats the same line twice, “over finish and stop”??

• Agree 2

Im gonna add that to the list. Same thing happens in some swedish stages.

• Like 1

Hi, seems like a bit of a wierd one as have not found any mention of it. 

I have an issue when I start a stage, either career or any other type where the car is at the start of the stage. It takes a few seconds for the stage section line to appear then it kind of freezes. The accelerator wont work, and the race lights dont change. I can change camera angle, look around, but nothing, the stage wont start. So I need to quit out. 

It's a digital download so I am checking if anyone else has had this issue before the lengthy reinstall.

Cheers 😉