DiRT Rally 2.0 - V1.4 - found a bug? Post it here! [UPDATE: v1.4.1]

8 minutes ago, chukonu said:

Wonder what other cars they changed!

VW Polo R5. Pick one of the Codemasters liveries. Notice how the front grill is now all black, like the real car, instead of half-painted in the livery's color.

43 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

Can't speak the language, but one is for single lap times, the other for the whole event time.

The same bug with patch 1.4 (1.07 PS4) 

3ABBE2CF-456F-4503-88F9-6EA5C5CFB76F.jpeg

7EFE9B0B-162D-4AD0-AB09-27B1E53D10D6.jpeg

• Agree 2

I am playing a championship of teachers of upto 2000cc and start a peugeot 208 r5 before me, that's ok or is it a bug?

2 minutes ago, GregPit81 said:

that's exacly what i meant 🙂

20 minutes ago, elrojodp8 said:

I am playing a championship of teachers of upto 2000cc and start a peugeot 208 r5 before me, that's ok or is it a bug?

You mean during a cut scene before the start of a stage? Most rallies have more than one class competing in them, and even though they are classified separately, they follow each other on the road in quick succession, so you can think of it as a transition between 2000cc and R5 class.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, GTI54 said:

In the other games like Raceroom, Rfactor 2, Assetto Corsa..... my Fov setting is correct like Dirt 2.0 in windowed mode. So am i optimistic or is it a bug 😉

Please provide a screen capture from the full screen vFOV 30 and windowed vFOV 30 when in the car (and specify which car it is if possible).  I also assume that by 30 vFOV you mean slider set to -5 clicks (minimum)

3 minutes ago, Pistro said:

You mean during a cut scene before the start of a stage? Most rallies have more than one class competing in them, and even though they are classified separately, they follow each other on the road in quick succession, so you can think of it as a transition between 2000cc and R5 class.

Yes, I thought that, but I did not know if it was intentional or a bug, since all the other times I played, always a car of my same class start before me(i have 250 hours in the game)

Well I'm disappointed that the co-driver calls are still missing from replays. (PS4)

I reported this in V1.3 thread but it didn't get on to Riggs list. Maybe not important enough but it is to me. I use the replays a lot and need/want co-driver calls to work, particularly in helicopter view.

Funny though. I did get co-driver calls in two cockpit views today but he just keeps saying "To stop - Well done" repeatedly throughout the whole stage replay.

Another way of looking at the leaderboard thing...(PS4)
No driver info/times above me then when I scroll I disappear from the board. Click Find Me and I'm back but driver info above me has gone again!

28 minutes ago, scottishjim said:

Well I'm disappointed that the co-driver calls are still missing from replays. (PS4)

I reported this in V1.3 thread but it didn't get on to Riggs list. Maybe not important enough but it is to me. I use the replays a lot and need/want co-driver calls to work, particularly in helicopter view.

Funny though. I did get co-driver calls in two cockpit views today but he just keeps saying "To stop - Well done" repeatedly throughout the whole stage replay.

Same issue at my replay. «To finish, to stop.», all the way through. This was on v1.3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, paint21 said:

Dude just get off your high horse seriously. 

"Wasting time" So FFB FIX is wasted time ? Hardcore for career is wasted time ? Leaderboards fix is wasted time ? Are you kidding me ?

"All this wrong with the game"

Literally half the fixes of that list are some minor Graphic bugs or things considering Tyre wear. Which in my opinion isnt exactly the feature that improves Immersion and the experience the most.

Seriously i have the feeling your some kind of payed WRC 8 Employee who is instructed to spread misbelieve with the Level of ******** in your postings.

Sorry for this Wordchoice but in my Opinion this kind of Behaviour is just obnoxious. 

You should really read the whole list then, and realize not everything is minor.

- The dark areas in sunset/dusk times, with headlights have no effect, is a serious issue.

- The current rain drops being pitch white during the night, where you can't see anything, is a serious issue.

- The sound bug, which still has to be confirmed it's fixed, is a serious issue.

And last, but not least, these bugs have been reported since v1.0. People have been avoiding half of the weather/time options since day one, due to the current ones being game-breakers. Sure a lot has been fixed and we're all thankful for that. But there's still plenty to fix after the FFB patch lands, and those 3 items I just stated deserve the priority.

As for the other minor bugs, I see it this way: If you have a large batch of bugs, all of them put together create just as much hassle and bad impression as a game-breaking bug.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 4

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Janneman60 said:

So I did a daily rallycross. After it I was 52th. I scrolled up the leaderboard and then back and suddenly I was 16th?

So I tried the other RX daily. Again 52th place. Scrolled up and down and now was 20th. This time I remembered my stagetime and the difference to the leader remained the same.

I thought leaderboard was fixed but for me now it is a big mess...

Installed the update on XBox One S. Completed today’s RX2 daily and came in around 700th. Leader board still a bit patchy but could actually get to the top. Was scrolling back down and the game just crashed to black screen. Restarted the game and went back to events to see a big DNF in red on daily I’d just finished. Not had a game crash on XBox before.

Back into the garage to find the car is still locked into the race I supposedly did it finish.

Edited by SnaggyBread

Posted (edited)

I got my osw simucube wheel working to play this with good FFB , Now(15/5/2019) after update v1.4 I lost all ffb! 😞

***Update I just realised codemasters removed my configuration .xml files of my osw*** 

Please codemasters just include support for the OSW Simucube wheel, I see you support the accuforce pro in the devices configuration files.

Edited by lucag120

2 hours ago, GregPit81 said:

Look at me 😀

10 hours ago, cjr3559 said:

What some of us are asking for is a preference, not a bug fix.  I’ve never had a bug or glitch with wipers in any DiRT game.  What I want is full manual control.   As with all of the latest DiRT games (DR, 4, 2.0) stages start with the wipers set to intermittent swipe no matter if the user settings are on ‘full manual’.  Don’t want to have to turn the wipers off each and every dry stage.  Am I the only one that can’t stand the periodic swipe when it’s not needed??

100% Agree. It's beyond annoying! Even more so when it's been highlighted by many users since day 1. Even more so when we were told by CM it was being worked on in the pre-patch notes from 2 patches ago. It never got fixed. No explanation why not or when likely to be. Just disappeared off the list as though it never existed. For goodness sake it really can't be that hard! Codemasters you have taken enough of my money over the years to at least warrant an explanation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, GregPit81 said:

I noticed the same thing! I meant to post this earlier, but I finished the daily in Sweden, up to 2000cc class. Only ranked 61, supposed to be the Xbox only leaderboards. I started scrolling up to see the better times, the leaderboard flickered, and then I noticed it moved me up to the 36 or whatever. Not exactly a great time, but curious that I moved up the rankings by scrolling up the rankings. 😛

DE4D06A0-8EC6-4213-B8BC-593E7FE09844.jpeg

5848B89E-3B59-4B18-9E30-15F57ED2D4F0.jpeg

Please work on the pace notes next.  When there is a critical turn upcoming, it needs to be stated that there is no room for error. “Tidy, slow entry.” Also, need more “Plus/Minus” or “Flat/Sharp”.  One more thing, I like to hear my notes closer to the time of need, but when there is a link of quite a few together, I notice that I might be nearing the end of a 5 before I get the call that suddenly we have an opposite direction 2/3.  As you can imagine, the results are not the best.  Just some thoughts.  

• Agree 1

I'm having a screen freeze problem with this update. Froze up several times in daily challenges and career. 

• Agree 1

Problem soft lock

Lancia HF Integral -> 990

Golf -> 990

205 GTI -> 540

someone would have the complete list of Dirt 2.0 cars with the steering wheel rotation angle?

34 minutes ago, ratchetracer said:

I'm having a screen freeze problem with this update. Froze up several times in daily challenges and career. 

the same to me

About these two:

-    Tyre warnings are improved when in the service area

-    Resuming championships will not damage previously undamaged components 

How are the tyre warnings "improved"? I see no difference with the wear information.
This patch seemed to introduce a new bug with the savegame state regarding tyre selection.
Steps to reproduce:
Create a freeplay custom championship rally with service areas. Select Soft tyres instead of the default Medium tyres. Drive a stage/stages, return to service area. Tyre information shows the Soft used tyres. Quit to main menu. Exit the game. Start the game. Resume the saved championship. Now the service area tyre information shows the used tyre set as Medium instead of Soft.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Riggs said:

You should really read the whole list then, and realize not everything is minor.

- The dark areas in sunset/dusk times, with headlights have no effect, is a serious issue.

- The current rain drops being pitch white during the night, where you can't see anything, is a serious issue.

- The sound bug, which still has to be confirmed it's fixed, is a serious issue.

And last, but not least, these bugs have been reported since v1.0. People have been avoiding half of the weather/time options since day one, due to the current ones being game-breakers. Sure a lot has been fixed and we're all thankful for that. But there's still plenty to fix after the FFB patch lands, and those 3 items I just stated deserve the priority.

As for the other minor bugs, I see it this way: If you have a large batch of bugs, all of them put together create just as much hassle and bad impression as a game-breaking bug.

@paint21 Scrolling to the top of the leaderboard is more important than fixing the AI to you? I’ve neen waiting months to play the damn career and still can’t, behave yourself mate, they fixed some things that needed sure, ok, il “get off my high horse” but don’t tell me that half the things they’ve worked on in 1.07 were more important than some of the main issues with the game, and it appears the leaderboard is now bugged and audio bugs are still present so yea great work, maybe you’ve forgotten that all this should have been done before release and none of us paying customers should be arguing about what issues deserve fixing above others

Edited by Shmeefly
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2