DiRT Rally 2.0 - V1.4 - found a bug? Post it here! [UPDATE: v1.4.1]

1. Screen freeze problem - still present in 1.4 (screens freeze - fps drops to 0, but co-pilot continue to read notes). It happens only 1 time on stage, but it repeats 2-3 times in short period (every 1-2 sec).  Will check disk/network activity, when this happens.

2. Sound cut bug - still present in 1.4 (only cockpit view)

3. Leaderboard is now a complete mess - it's a mix of stage times and total times.

4. Feature request - please display total count of players in leaderboard (for example 71/1038).

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)

@ChristinaMc There's some things missing from the patch notes. This has become a trend during DiRT Rally 2.0 patch notes.

It might not look important, but in fact it is, as it lets people know what has changed and it also shows the effort your DiRT Team has been doing. Some of these changes were actually important and very relevant for the community, but it's absent from the logs.

- Citroen C3 R5 wheels are now correctly placed; (this one can be annexed to the visual improvements of some vehicles)

- Hardcore Damage is now available in My Team;

Have you done any changes related to Tyre Wear? Because people are suspecting tyre wear has been improved, and therefore tyres will wear faster. If so:

- Tyre wear has been adjusted to make tyres wear faster.

You might be losing deserved credit by omitting such changes from the patch log. Other than that, good job 😉 

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3

@ChristinaMc "Watch the Delta" and "Living the Dream" achievements still glitched for many players across all platforms. 

Posted (edited)

in the weekly race, the service park between 2 stages, the car settings are not accessible, you have to return to the main menu and come back and there they are available.

more general ranking during event  ???

the general rankings are only accessible once the weekly event is over!

Edited by GregPit81

5 hours ago, Shmeefly said:

maybe you’ve forgotten that all this should have been done before release and none of us paying customers should be arguing about what issues deserve fixing above others

That's a very good point. Sometimes I feel like a beta tester, who paid to be a beta tester. But I appreciate that the fixes are being made, nonetheless.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Some bugs in Polish translation from another thread:

On 2/25/2019 at 5:48 PM, kosin.ski said:

Hi, in some places I see that Polish translation could be better.

1. Buying cars – you can buy a used car and I got to that conclusion after a long while. At first I thought that label "wykorzystano" next to a car in store means that I redeemed this one in some kind of way – I thought maybe it was a part of Deluxe preorder pack and I have this car already in my garage, but no. I suggest just change label from "wykorzystano" to "używany" it will be more clear.

2. After fatal crash – when you crash your car you get the speed of impact and there is "prędkość udeżenia" and should be "... uderzenia".

3. Car setup – changing camber setup in your car there is "ujemny" (minus) and "dodatni" (plus), sometimes there is "dodatni" and sometimes "dodanti" (wrong).

With time I'll try to spot more things related to Polish translation but for now, it's this one point above 😉

Thank you! 

And one more from me:  hard tyres should be translated as "twarde", not "trudny", and medium tyres should be "średnie", not "średni".

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, Shmeefly said:

even fixing half of what’s on this list would have been better than what you’ve wasted your time doing, I mean there’s ALL THIS wrong with the game and your wasting time adding liveries and slightly changing the audio of cars etc, so wrong it’s not even funny 😡😡😡😡😡👎👎👎

So they should set the sound team/art team doing the FFB fix? How people still can not comprehend how these things work is beyond me.

• Haha 2
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

30 minutes ago, bogani said:

So they should set the sound team/art team doing the FFB fix? How people still can not comprehend how these things work is beyond me.

No😂😂😂😂 the sound is a secondary priority, stop trying to force a stupid idea of what the point is I’m making, it’s a bit ridiculous!!

There are far greater issues than SOME!!! of what CM have wasted their time on fixing since launch, TWO of which are, for a racing game, GAME BREAKING, the Career AI and the inability to even see the road ahead of you in night/heavy rain stages to note, and there a far more bigger issues than what’s been addressed to follow (inc FFB) up until now at least, some of which CM have even responded to... said they were fixing... and were STILL waiting twiddling our thumbs, yet now I have a broken leaderboard and the blandest white and black liveries to chose from, this is UNACCEPTABLE regardless what you think, half of what we just got doesn’t work still and the other half is something that should have been looked at AFTER the more important issues, yes a bit of what they patched this time is a thumbs up but mainly no, I swear some of the Fallout 76 and Anthems braindead defenders are here, with respect, don’t presume to know what I’m capable of comprehending, yes I’m sometimes  harsh in what I post but its also fair, and the point is always relevant!! you may think it’s acceptable to wait 6 months for the game you bought to be playable in its entirety but when I give cash to a corporate company I expect standards in return, ✌️

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

So you're saying the sound team should be sitting on their arses doing nothing until the FFB gets fixed.

It's a lot better to have new stuff coming while we wait for the FFB. It's not far away now, let's just chill 😄 

I'm very thankful for new real car sounds coming to the game, it's something I find very important in terms of immersion, and CM are doing it so well.

Edited by Riggs
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 3

Just to add a frustrating point, I’ve been playing games for 21 long years and it’s for sure had ups and downs over the years, but over the last few years it’s been the worst the industry has ever seen and I’m absolutely sick to death of almost every game I buy being either a broken buggy mess, or an unfinished or unpolished game that takes 6 months to be what it should have been when sold to the public

• Agree 2

Rev Lights on Fanatec CSL Elite wheel base and on BMW GT2 Rim are in reverse.... going from Blue to Yellow (right to left) and had the sound cut out mid-stage (Argentina).

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Riggs said:

So you're saying the sound team should be sitting on their arses doing nothing until the FFB gets fixed.

It's a lot better to have new stuff coming while we wait for the FFB. It's not far away now, let's just chill 😄 

I'm very thankful for new real car sounds coming to the game, it's something I find very important in terms of immersion, and CM are doing it so well.

If the sound team work on only sound, then work on sound!!! why do they need to halt what they’re doing while the others fix the main issues with the game over adding boring liveries, it’s not rocket science 🤷‍♂️ I agree with what you say though I’m happy for it too, it’s a big immersion factor

Edited by Shmeefly

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Shmeefly said:

If the sound team work on only sound, then work on sound!!! why do they need to halt what they’re doing while the others fix the main issues with the game over adding **** liveries, it’s not rocket science 🤷‍♂️

You're contradicting yourself then, because on your original post you're saying they are wasting time with car audio adjustments and liveries while they should be fixing FFB instead.

An artist will not participate in programming tasks, and in reverse.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 3

Just now, Riggs said:

You're contradicting yourself then, because on your original post you're saying they are wasting time with car audio adjustments and liveries while they should be fixing FFB instead.

An artist will not participate in programming tasks, and in reverse.

I mean your under a microscope at a  post written while fuelled with frustration but you clearly understand what I’m saying, and technically no I’m not contradicting myself because even though I agreed with you in saying the audio is a big point, fixing the game breaking issues like unplayable stages and unbeatable AI in the career do take priority over how a car sounds!! I’m glad for the audio and well everything tbh, but this should have come WITH the main issues being fixed 

Posted (edited)

It doesnt come with the main issues fixed, because the main issues not only are more complicated to fix, but also require more time and more manpower. The FFB is just around the corner, we've waited a lot so far, so I think we can wait a few more days.

I would also like to see the main issues fixed, but it's not easy to do it. I'll be glad already if an official statement is given regarding the other main issues and what's planned.

They're certainly doing everything they can, with the conditions they have, and with passion. In the meantime, we are presented with some content upgrades, which is better than having nothing for a month. We get distracted, time passes quicker and when we realize the main fixes are knocking at the door. I would've done the same.

Edited by Riggs

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Shmeefly said:

I mean your under a microscope at a  post written while fuelled with frustration but you clearly understand what I’m saying, and technically no I’m not contradicting myself because even though I agreed with you in saying the audio is a big point, fixing the game breaking issues like unplayable stages and unbeatable AI in the career do take priority over how a car sounds!! I’m glad for the audio and well everything tbh, but this should have come WITH the main issues being fixed 

I agree. Why are CM faffing about with DLC and adding "requested" features from the forums when the basics are broken. Fix the game first before adding to it. 

On another point, the thing with the broken achievements is interesting too. There have now been four patches for this game and basic functionality of the game is broken. Why haven't these been fixed yet? Ownership of all Group A or Group B cars is not a difficult achievement to program, nor is it a difficult one to fix if they did somehow mess it up. This should have been fixed in v1.02 rather than creating new liveries and adding cars and tracks in the meantime.  

Edited by bigburt82
editorial sweep
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Well these things probably didn't see a fix yet because the main coder team that is currently available in the DiRT Team (not including the ones that migrated to other projects, probably to F1) is probably working on delivering the FFB as soon as possible, since it is the most contested feature. I think people are forgetting about this little crucial detail.

If you think about the amount of time a FFB alternative has been under development and compare with the patch rollout, you can see that there's a pattern.

Edited by Riggs

Creo q la gente tiene mucho tiempo libre para criticar el juego no está completo pero poco a poco lo están solucionando el juego es super divertido cuando salga wrc 8 será la misma jugabilidad de todos los wrc osea basura luego dirán q dirt es el mejor y todo eso y a comerse sus palabras con papas 

11 minutes ago, Riggs said:

It doesnt come with the main issues fixed, because the main issues not only are more complicated to fix, but also require more time and more manpower. The FFB is just around the corner, we've waited a lot so far, so I think we can wait a few more days.

I would also like to see the main issues fixed, but it's not easy to do it. I'll be glad already if an official statement is given regarding the other main issues and what's planned.

They're certainly doing everything they can, with the conditions they have, and with passion. In the meantime, we are presented with some content upgrades, which is better than having nothing for a month. We get distracted, time passes quicker and when we realize the main fixes are knocking at the door. I would've done the same.

you are right, man, but this game should have been more rigorously tested internally and on Beta, or a delayed launch. We shouldn't have to play a broken game for months and vent our frustrations on the forum to get things fixed. CM are better than EA, but not by much. 

3 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Which brings me to my point doesn’t it, don’t waste time on lesser things then if the main issues take longer to fix, I don’t mean just this patch, but all of them, I’d have been happy with this patch if the game breaking issues were fixed In patch 1 but they weren’t, nor in patch 2, or 3 etc 😂 i mean were going around in a circle and ending up at my argument in the first place, not sure how else to spell it out lol and please stop making excuses for them seriously, it’s been out months now, and wel be waiting months more 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Well these things probably didn't see a fix yet because the main coder team that is currently available in the DiRT Team (not including the ones that migrated to other projects, probably to F1) is probably working on delivering the FFB as soon as possible, since it is the most contested feature. I think people are forgetting about this little crucial detail.

If you think about the amount of time a FFB alternative has been under development and compare with the patch rollout, you can see that there's a pattern.

Dude do you work for Codemasters and are you acting as a double agent here or are you just missing the obvious? With respect ofc 😂

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, bigburt82 said:

you are right, man, but this game should have been more rigorously tested internally and on Beta, or a delayed launch. We shouldn't have to play a broken game for months and vent our frustrations on the forum to get things fixed. CM are better than EA, but not by much. 

I absolutely agree. We don't know the real reason behind why such a rushed product came to release. But I have no doubts the developer team did know the state of game, and most likely they were forced by management to release the game on that date, despite of its state. This is all speculation, but I doubt this team would ever agree on releasing a game in the state it was and I'm sure the devs did everything they could to finish the game as good as possible given the deadlines imposed.

It's clear this game could've sat for another 3 or 4 months before releasing, but there's a strong reason why it didn't and I find it unfair blaming this team for this rocky start. One day a deadline is set at 1st June, and the day next it's set in 26th February. Not all the studios can have the luxury to delay a release, as that presents costs and requires a decent balance to do that.

EA can give themselves the luxury to delay a game because they are much larger and richer company, and they still don't. Rockstar Games do it, and release a state of the art game.

Codemasters is not in the same level of greatness, nor does have the financial margin to do that. Not to mention it's a studio that develops games for a niche gaming market. This information is public, and everyone can search this, they've been through difficult times before 2016 and something had to be done.

I believe this game will get to the state it was originally intended to, the team is talented and dedicated enough.

@Shmeefly You don't seem to understand how development works. I've tried to explain, based on current experience integrating a team. The "CM double agent" is just ridiculous.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Riggs said:

I absolutely agree. We don't know the real reason behind such a rushed product came to release. But I have no doubts the developer team did know the state of game, and most likely they were forced by management to release the game on that date, despite of its state. This is all speculation, but I doubt this team would ever agree on releasing a game in the state it was and I'm sure the devs did everything they could to finish the game as good as possible given the deadlines imposed.

It's clear this game could've sat for another 3 or 4 months before releasing, but there's a strong reason why it didn't and I find it unfair blaming this team for this rocky start. One day a deadline is set at 1st June, and the day next it's set in 26th February. Not all the studios can have the luxury to delay a release, as that presents costs and requires a decent balance to do that.

This I agreee with, though it’s not fact for this particular release, it’s quite common that dev teams do get squeezed hard by the corporate side of the company, however since release, there’s no excuse

11 minutes ago, Riggs said:

I absolutely agree. We don't know the real reason behind why such a rushed product came to release. But I have no doubts the developer team did know the state of game, and most likely they were forced by management to release the game on that date, despite of its state. This is all speculation, but I doubt this team would ever agree on releasing a game in the state it was and I'm sure the devs did everything they could to finish the game as good as possible given the deadlines imposed.

EA can give themselves the luxury to delay a game because they are much larger and richer company, and they still don't. Rockstar Games do it, and release a state of the art game.

Codemasters is not in the same level of greatness, nor does have the financial margin to do that. Not to mention it's a studio that develops games for a niche gaming market. This information is public, and everyone can search this, they've been through difficult times before 2016 and something had to be done.

I believe this game will get to the state it was originally intended to, the team is talented and dedicated enough.

@Shmeefly You don't seem to understand how development works. I've tried to explain, based on current experience integrating a team. The "CM double agent" is just ridiculous.

It was supposed to be ridiculous it was a joke 😂😂 I believe it will too, and we all know CM aren’t as big as the big boys man, and we all know they tend to a niche market but what’s your point, we shouldn’t highlight badly made decisions because of this??

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Shmeefly said:

This I agreee with, though it’s not fact for this particular release, it’s quite common that dev teams do get squeezed hard by the corporate side of the company, however since release, there’s no excuse

Here's a simple maths example, with fictional numbers:

- A team of 100 develops DiRT Rally 2.0 up until release.

- The game is released and 70 of those developers are re-allocated to other projects, leaving 30 to service DR2.0.

- The game gets contested for alledgedly poor FFB. Out of the 30 devs, 10 are programmers, which 8 get tasked to work on FFB, in order to speed that up.

- The other 20 keep working on their normal workflow, making sure the content DLC keeps coming out, which doesn't interfere with bugfixing because they are not programmers.

- The available programmers, try to fix as many bugs as possible in a short time, while the others finish the FFB.

If we didn't see some of the main bugs fixed, it's because it wasn't possible to fix them at the time. Take into consideration that we quickly saw fixes for:

- Racenet instability;

- Several game crashes to desktop;

- Careers getting out of synch and therefore reseting progress;

- Other misc stuff.

Everything will come in their given time. We just need to wait. The bad decisions have already been highlighted several times, in past threads. There's no need to keep beating the dead horse, we are a lot more helpful if we keep giving constructive feedback to improve things rather that spread rage (reddit and steam reviews are already full of it).

We are all upset, but the ones that really like this game and want to see it turn around will put the frustration and anger aside and try to help as much as possible.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 2