DiRT Rally 2.0 - V1.4 - found a bug? Post it here! [UPDATE: v1.4.1]

Posted (edited)

What's going on here? This topic is for bugs and here we have two people arguing over game development, one guy posts randomly in Spanish...

calm down and post bugs everyone ;]

Edited by danielofifi
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 9

Seems this patch reset my championship progress.  My championship was just fine previously, didn't have any racenet connectivity issues during my last career session, everything seemed in order.  Hadn't had a reset in a long time either.  Then comes patch day, first login after patch I am notified that my championship is reset.  Did they revert the times they already had saved back to a previous version on the server during the upgrade?  Just whatever, I give up with career championships.  

The leaderboards are really broken and confusing now.  Had no idea what was going on during one of the weeklies, couldn't figure out where I actually placed.  

This patch didn't seem to address any of the main issues, much like the previous patches, but I do look forward to the proposed FFB fixes, so that is exciting.  But this new patch makes the game feel more broken than it already was.  

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, bigburt82 said:

I agree. Why are CM faffing about with DLC and adding "requested" features from the forums when the basics are broken. Fix the game first before adding to it. 

On another point, the thing with the broken achievements is interesting too. Someone on the forums suggested that some are deliberately unattainable so that people don't flog the game on eBay or trade-in yet. CM know that they are broken, yet are still omitting from fixing them. There have now been four patches for this game and basic functionality of the game is broken. Why haven't these been fixed yet? Ownership of all Group A or Group B cars is not a difficult achievement to program, nor is it a difficult one to fix if they did somehow mess it up. If CM are deliberately holding players back from platinum/completion of achievements for personal gain (in terms of sales, paid DLC etc.) this is wholly wrong and dishonest. If they are geniune, this should have been fixed in v1.02 rather than creating new liveries and adding cars and tracks!!

Do you understand the shitestorm that would come if they didn't release the DLC they sold the deluxe buyers on schedule? I even sense they would be up against legal trouble.

There are many issues left to resolve with this game but very few, if any, are 'game breaking' in reality. 

Be careful taking random speculations from some angry dude on a forum as facts. The achievement part in your text is pure tin-foil hat speculations. It would obviously be outrageous if they were true, but that requires evidence. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 4

Found a bug? Yes....all the same ones everyone has been telling you all since day one. Biggest issues are not addressed like frame rates and blurry textures...the head lights on my real car would be brighter than the ones on here and that makes no sense to a rally games where the cars should have huge bright headlights...they are so dim??? They should have used the already existing engine created for the first dirt rally or just made more DLC for that one.

• Agree 4

Posted (edited)

Seems like im getting more frequently audio cutouts, after the new update.

I've tried all different audio settings but no change. 

Did a weekly challenge today, the audio cut out 4 times.

Edited by Lusziboy
  • Agree 3

27 minutes ago, bogani said:

Do you understand the shitestorm that would come if they didn't release the DLC they sold the deluxe buyers on schedule? I even sense they would be up against legal trouble.

There are many issues left to resolve with this game but very few, if any, are 'game breaking' in reality. 

Be careful taking random speculations from some angry dude on a forum as facts. The achievement part in your text is pure tin-foil hat speculations. It would obviously be outrageous if they were true, but that requires evidence. 

I think he meant pushing it back until the game was in a fixed and playable state, unrealsing the dlc would definitely result in a breach of the law, and refunds would have to be issued, that said, the only reason the law isn’t involved now is because the gaming industry is one of the only industries with no real hardline laws in place to protect the consumer from a company on a purchase, but when it gets out of hand class action law suits are introduced, just look at Bethesda, Bungie etc for example, If i go to a shop and buy something that doesn’t work properly I’m entitled to a refund but with no trading standard laws in place for so long in the gaming industry companies have fine printed backdoors to protect themselves and effectively get away with releasing faulty products and dodging the refund policy, and I believe he was speculating, I wouldn’t like to think it’s true personally but with how gaming companies operate now days it’s worth a thought, it’s unlikely but also you can’t just discredit it because you don’t want to believe it or find it far fetched, and I assume you were mentioning me as the “angry dude” I’d just like to point out that I’m in the same boat as you and everyone else, I payed for the game and I put across my opinions and people either agree or don’t, which is fine either way, they aren’t factual they’re just opinions, the only fact I can see is people are starting to get very upset with waiting for this game to be fixed now, and it’s showing in the forums

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Shmeefly said:

I think he meant pushing it back until the game was in a fixed and playable state, unrealsing the dlc would definitely result in a breach of the law, and refunds would have to be issued, that said, the only reason the law isn’t involved now is because the gaming industry is one of the only industries with no real hardline laws in place to protect the consumer from a company on a purchase, but when it gets out of hand class action law suits are introduced, just look at Bethesda, Bungie etc for example, If i go to a shop and buy something that doesn’t work properly I’m entitled to a refund but with no trading standard laws in place for so long in the gaming industry companies have fine printed backdoors to protect themselves and effectively get away with releasing faulty products and dodging the refund policy, and I believe he was speculating, I wouldn’t like to think it’s true personally but with how gaming companies operate now days it’s worth a thought, it’s unlikely but also you can’t just discredit it because you don’t want to believe it or find it far fetched, and I assume you were mentioning me as the “angry dude” I’d just like to point out that I’m in the same boat as you and everyone else, I payed for the game and I put across my opinions and people either agree or don’t, which is fine either way, they aren’t factual they’re just opinions, the only fact I can see is people are starting to get very upset with waiting for this game to be fixed now, and it’s showing in the forums

Well said @Shmeefly 

• Thanks 1

I have also problems with Events leaderboard : Xbox One X

At the end of the on line rally event  :

first screen just after finishing the last stage of the rally ( it was the same at each stages ), the board is incomplete and the time is not the cumulative time of the rally ( i suppose that it is the stage time 😕 not usefull  ) , the rank is 52 !

15-05-2019_18-42-21-anbpjzmk.thumb.png.bdb1cabcfe79d33ff3792f720ed0fba3.png

---------------------------------------------

the second screen is after having made a scroll-up, i found me on another rank : 11, the time is not the cumulative time of the rally again.

note : it is the same if i go to top by menu,  if i make a "found me" the first screen re-appears as it was.

15-05-2019_18-42-17-z13ng2zc.thumb.png.27db0debff476c266ee7f5ad7195f4ff.png

-------------------------------------------------

the third screen is after have finished the event and have immediately consulted its result by the Event menu , i am on another Rank : 22 , the time is correct, it supposed to be the cumulative time of the rally ( It is very unfortunate to no longer see it while we are playing the event ). 

15-05-2019_18-42-13-pyhiufau.thumb.png.a306aeb97aef5dae0db3eb516cc84b55.png

You said " Leaderboards will now support going to the top from all positions " , it seems like it broke something, the tables ranking worked very nice before the update. 

===========================================

Apart from that the game works "nickel-chrome" 🙂

2 hours ago, Shmeefly said:

For the record, I did not mean you when I wrote "angry dude". It was very loosely aimed at the person speculating they intentionally witheld some of the achievements to work properly. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/14/2019 at 12:01 PM, Riggs said:

16. Despite the 7th rally being added to the game (Monte Carlo), championships only have 6 events. Should get adjusted as locations get added.

I fully agree we have eight rallies but in the championship you only drive six that needs to be changed
  • Agree 2

Platform: X-Box One S (with latest system- & game-update)

Bug:

The stats for "Podiums" and "Events finished" don't count if the car is used in a AI challenge (tested it).

Not sure about community challenges (didn't tested it).

The car doesn't matter.

The stat "write-off crashes" (not sure about the correct translation from german) doesn't count correctly every single time.

If its a multi-stage-event and you have the perk for continue the event, it doesn't count.

If its a single stage-event it does count.

Also maybe the "falling off a cliff"-crash doesn't count too, only wrecked cars, but not 100% sure.

Every single crash were you can't finish the stage, should be counted as an write-off crash.

Since these stats don't count properly since release and it doesn't make sense to fix them now, i (as a huge stats guy who actually cares about things like that) would prefer you cut out the stats "Podiums" and "Events finished" completely from the game and make sure every crash that ends a stage-run counts to the relative stat.

The stats for "km/miles driven" and "Events started" seem to count properly.

Thanks for reading 🙂

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bluwaters said:

Rev Lights on Fanatec CSL Elite wheel base and on BMW GT2 Rim are in reverse.... going from Blue to Yellow (right to left) and had the sound cut out mid-stage (Argentina).

Yep, same problem here on the PS4 version of the CSL Elite

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Somehow I can see PC gamertags on the leaderboards, at least in the dailies. In some cases it still says 'DIRT Player', I'm on Xbox so I assume that'd be the PS4 guys. 

Edit: This is also the case in time trial. 

Edited by richie

4 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Platform: X-Box One S (with latest system- & game-update)

Bug:

The stats for "Podiums" and "Events finished" don't count if the car is used in a AI challenge (tested it).

Not sure about community challenges (didn't tested it).

The car doesn't matter.

The stat "write-off crashes" (not sure about the correct translation from german) doesn't count correctly every single time.

If its a multi-stage-event and you have the perk for continue the event, it doesn't count.

If its a single stage-event it does count.

Also maybe the "falling off a cliff"-crash doesn't count too, only wrecked cars, but not 100% sure.

Every single crash were you can't finish the stage, should be counted as an write-off crash.

Since these stats don't count properly since release and it doesn't make sense to fix them now, i (as a huge stats guy who actually cares about things like that) would prefer you cut out the stats "Podiums" and "Events finished" completely from the game and make sure every crash that ends a stage-run counts to the relative stat.

The stats for "km/miles driven" and "Events started" seem to count properly.

Thanks for reading 🙂

Update:

Community-Challenges don't count, too (tested it).

So Daily, Weekly and Monthly Community Challenges AND AI Challenges count "km/miles driven" and "Events started", but not "Podiums" and "Events finished".

Pretty sure it got worse with the latest update.

Please just cut out these two stats, really not cool, if the game tells me, I don't finish any event from now on 😉

Thanks in advance 🙂

On 5/14/2019 at 6:13 PM, cafe5150 said:

😨😨😨😨

the same problem in the weekly event in Spain, the car totally dislocated, inside view, pieces of wings pass in front of the side window and on the replay, it is not a car, it is pieces that move is anything, this update has created more damage than improvement.
if it's the same for the FFB next week, the game will definitely be dead.
is an apprentice trying to work on this game?

the same problem in the weekly event in Spain, the car totally dislocated, inside view, pieces of wings pass in front of the side window and on the replay, it is not a car, it is pieces that move is anything, this update has created more damage than improvement.
if it's the same for the FFB next week, the game will definitely be dead.
is an apprentice trying to work on this game?

E7476BC3-DB3B-4E32-9A77-9996E388ABD0.jpeg

I'm sorry.....but this game gets worse and worse as I play it and it's really unacceptable the condition it's in. Huge! Step backwards and the "fixes" are making it worse....it's really upsetting.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

1.4 is a big step back. In fact, each update is breaks something for me. Now I have more problems, then in day one. Maybe game was developed by main programmers, and bugs fixing is done by junior programmers, without QA. The last bug with leaderbaord - is a joke, you cam catch such type of bugs if you do a minimal testing before release. Seems that QA process doesn't exist at CM.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

in the time i had find some settings to play ,now i cant feel my wheel ,and after the new patch all my setups of the cars are gone ,,

Posted (edited)

This has been an ongoing issue since 1.1 for me, so I thought I should bring it up. Apologies if this is already known or not, but it's annoying as hell. For some reason the grass render distance changes for me. I'm not touching my settings at all and the only way to fix it is restarting my game. It seems to happen at random. Here's a comparison between what it should look like:
5kluZLN.jpg

and what it looks like half the time for me:

oBu89Kq.jpg

Both these screenshots are taken with the exact same graphical settings, I simply restarted the game between taking them. I'm using a RX 480 8GB for what it's worth, and I've changed drivers a few times since the 1.1 patch and this still happens.

I should also add, as it may be relevant, that the bottom picture is how the grass looked for me at launch 1.0 all the time, 1.1 made the grass render properly at least sometimes but as I said it goes back and forth between the two seemingly of its own accord.

Edited by Doomguy405

15 hours ago, Riggs said:

Here's a simple maths example, with fictional numbers:

- A team of 100 develops DiRT Rally 2.0 up until release.

This thread is about bugs and @Riggs you know all the bugs.

This is not about fiction in CM development. 

CM is now for month on this bugs but they don't get them solved

14 hours ago, Lusziboy said:

Seems like im getting more frequently audio cutouts, after the new update.

I've tried all different audio settings but no change. 

Did a weekly challenge today, the audio cut out 4 times.

Have you already tried another cam view? since the release I have only had an audio cut once when I drove the dash cam sight. Never happened again on bonnet cam sight.

On PS4 the game is getting better with each update. Apart from the bug with leaderboards and the old rain/AI/unexpected moments problems, the game is fine, no wierd graphical glitches, no audio cutouts during stages. I assume they don't do enough PC testing, as with PCs as open platforms you get more variables, so it's probably tricky.