DiRT Rally 2.0 - V1.4 - found a bug? Post it here! [UPDATE: v1.4.1]

21 hours ago, Riggs said:

@ChristinaMc There's some things missing from the patch notes. This has become a trend during DiRT Rally 2.0 patch notes.

It might not look important, but in fact it is, as it lets people know what has changed and it also shows the effort your DiRT Team has been doing. Some of these changes were actually important and very relevant for the community, but it's absent from the logs.

- Citroen C3 R5 wheels are now correctly placed; (this one can be annexed to the visual improvements of some vehicles)

- Hardcore Damage is now available in My Team;

Have you done any changes related to Tyre Wear? Because people are suspecting tyre wear has been improved, and therefore tyres will wear faster. If so:

- Tyre wear has been adjusted to make tyres wear faster.

You might be losing deserved credit by omitting such changes from the patch log. Other than that, good job 😉 

I'm checking in with the team now, as these weren't on the list (but have definitely appeared in game!) 

Also - FFB update is coming later today, around 11am UK time. A Road Book will arrive shortly!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Doohie said:

Have you already tried another cam view? since the release I have only had an audio cut once when I drove the dash cam sight. Never happened again on bonnet cam sight.

I always play in cockpit cam. I could try another cam view.

In rallycross online, sometimes one of few players starting earler than others and dont get penalty... 

Also posted this in the Technical assistence, but I'm hoping to get an answer by replaying to this tread.
My 1660 Ti is arriving today and I really want to test it out.

My Dirt 2.0 won't start after installing patch 1.4, or after deinstalling some other programs.
When I try to start, it doesn't even come up in the task manager.
No errors or anything in the event logs.

Virus scanner isn't the problem, disabeling doesn't help.

On the same day the patch was installed, I also removed some programs I thought I didn’t need.
Can't remember the exact names, but it could have been MS visual studio C++ redistributables or something like that.

Does Dirt Rally 2.0 need any extra software to be installed?

Posted (edited)

Christina you said : [ Have you done any changes related to Tyre Wear? Because people are suspecting tyre wear has been improved, and therefore tyres will wear faster. If so:

- Tyre wear has been adjusted to make tyres wear faster. ]

Yes it seems that the tyres wear faster, yesterday my Run in Renault 5 Turbo was catastrophic in Spain wet, it's a good thing to have add that 👍, the tires were too strong before.

I also found that I was much faster with easier control in Fiesta R2 in Australia !?, it was as if the display framerate or physical calculation rate was much better ?!?, did you do something for it? I'm on Xbox one X. 

Edited by Didd31
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, GregPit81 said:

🙄 🤔 maybe stop with DLC and repair the game 

54F6BF81-1332-451B-AAFB-B71CDC6C90EA.jpeg

I’m happy for them to hold season 2 until they fix the game, and as a humble apology give us a lot of rally content in a season 3 package free of charge, seems to be the only solution unless they somehow fix everything properly in the next patch, either way that’s still going to take some time 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Lusziboy said:

I always play in cockpit cam. I could try another cam view.

Well try it out and let me now...

@bogani apologies for the assumption dude, I figured I was on a rant and it must have been me 😂😂

• Haha 1

Let’s hope 1.08 fixes what went wrong in 1.07 (PS4) or is the the FFB for me it’s installing now, if it does then thank you to CM for addressing that quickly, just now will you please concentrate on fixing the bigger issues with the game!!!! 

Posted (edited)

@ChristinaMc Can you say in what patch I can start career?

steam 1.4.1. FPS down outside road still exist. Time trial Valle de los puentes a la inversa.

FX8320E, 16 GB DDR3, RX470@4GB. Medium Settings, TAA Off, MSAA Off, Vsync off.

Video driver 19.5.1. (last)

Windows 10 x64 Pro 1809, build 17763.503 (last)

I'm buy this game in 02.23, and today is 05.16. Even biggest fans of your games start think you don't do anything.

Do you try change anything?

Edited by Awasaky

2 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

What is included in today's patch? please answer quickly I have to work again

The FFB update. Features a suspension FFB slider. Very good so far.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, StratosZero said:

The FFB update. Features a suspension FFB slider. Very good so far.

I tested Monte Carlo, but I can´t feel the icefields on the tarmac-roadsections (CSW2.5, 100% supension)

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Flens07 said:

I tested Monte Carlo, but I can´t feel the icefields on the tarmac-roadsections (CSW2.5, 100% supension)

Well, I'm not too sure what to think but... Isn't that right though? Ice is very slidey and slippery, so it's going to feel very numb. You have little grip

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)

Well the FFB patch has seemed to have fixed the leaderboard so that’s good, thumbs up to CM for sorting that quickly, and I’m not sure if it’s just me but it feels a bit smoother too, handling wise, but @ChristinaMc now it’s time to focus on the bigger issues like heavy rain graphics, visibility issues in rain/night, headlights, and most importantly the AI, difficulty in career is in serious need of adjustment, and also the AI needs to be adjusted in terms of track conditions, like if it’s heavy rain or night, or both the AI doesn’t drop a second to compensate, they post the same times as if it was a sunny day with max visibility and grip, nor do tyres seem to affect their times, if between service areas I need hard tyres they all seem to have softs and none of the front runners ever make a mistake, if we’re not finishing (in lower difficulties) first they always are, and a personal one for me (and many others) please set the wipers default to OFF when we start every stage with manual wipers, having to hold the button to turn them off is so very frustrating, I know this isn’t the first you’ve heard of it either this has been a request since Dirt Rally 1, even your loyal fans are starting to get upset with waiting for these bigger issues now, thanks 🙏

Just editing as I’ve noticed the leaderboards are in fact still buggy, they worked fine on a daily but a weekly I’m in is showing the same issues brought forward with 1.07, shame, was trying to think positively 

Edited by Shmeefly
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 4

Posted (edited)

Well yes, the next (big) things to do are:

- Console graphic adjustments (needs more sharp picture)
- Rain/Headlight adjustments
- AI adjustments, especially for FWD cars

So far though this game is going strong. It does have a bright future ahead!

Edited by StratosZero
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Flens07 said:

The Suspension slider won't affect the feel of the ice, since it's smooth and flat anyway. The Self Aligning Torque slider adjust how much you feel the loss of grip on ice compared to snow and tarmac.

• Agree 2

I think the icefields are more rough than the tarmac....

2 hours ago, Esrever said:

Also posted this in the Technical assistence, but I'm hoping to get an answer by replaying to this tread.
My 1660 Ti is arriving today and I really want to test it out.

My Dirt 2.0 won't start after installing patch 1.4, or after deinstalling some other programs.
When I try to start, it doesn't even come up in the task manager.
No errors or anything in the event logs.

Virus scanner isn't the problem, disabeling doesn't help.

On the same day the patch was installed, I also removed some programs I thought I didn’t need.
Can't remember the exact names, but it could have been MS visual studio C++ redistributables or something like that.

Does Dirt Rally 2.0 need any extra software to be installed?

Solved by reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017

• Like 2

ffb feels way better, but why the reset off personal best Times in leaderboard (pc)?

6 minutes ago, Doohie said:

ffb feels way better, but why the reset off personal best Times in leaderboard (pc)?

Sorry my mistake ... problem solved.

Posted (edited)

Thank you for the FFB update, this is a major improvement in immersion. The Input guide referred to in the road book was nice as well, please make it a sticky here.
Just wondering why my FFB settings have "Engine" and "Tyre Slip" still grayed out? Is there only a certain class of wheels that can have this adjusted?
PC Steam + Logitech G920.

edit: after reading the said pdf
http://blog.codemasters.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Multi-Input-Device-System-for-DiRT-Rally-2-0-Master.pdf

it seems that Engine and Tyre Slip are only for controllers, which makes sense. It's a bit confusing to have them in the wheel setup list though.

Dirt Rally 2 Screenshot 2019.05.16 - 16.23.41.04.png

Edited by Kur Delli
Revelation
  • Agree 1