DiRT Rally 2.0 - V1.4 - found a bug? Post it here! [UPDATE: v1.4.1]

Posted (edited)

about the new FFB :

I think the compromise chosen is good, I am of those who prefer the FFB 2.0 to the old Dirt Rally and with this new system we do not lose the feeling of mass transfers …. oufff ! and we feel all the mouvements of suspensions ……. thanks a lot 😉. Your FFB is just EXCELLENT !!!

Especially gamers think to re-select your steering wheel in the list.

Thanks a lot Codemasters for the job 👍🙂

16-05-2019_21-49-39-sxbfexba.thumb.png.1aebd60fd41509a45f94a925f735c910.png

Edited by Didd31
  • Agree 4

Hello,

Since this morning my game keeps jumping to desktop. The icon still is active and I get back to the game to be thrown out right afterwards. Conclusion: the game is no longer playable for me. All my other Steam games work without one problem. So Dirt Rally works, but Dirt 2.0 has gone for me...

Kind regards,

Dirk

• Sad 1

thank you for the update on suspensions c is good, but it still lacks the lack of felt tires, loss of adhesion, impression that the car is flying !!  also lacks the engine ffb felt in flying when shifting, and also lacks the udp for telemetry ps4 !!!!

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, choudoudou said:

thank you for the update on suspensions c is good, but it still lacks the lack of felt tires, loss of adhesion, impression that the car is flying !!  also lacks the engine ffb felt in flying when shifting, and also lacks the udp for telemetry ps4 !!!!

Really, you still don't like ffb? I think's just perfect now.

• Agree 3

Fanatec Porsche RSR wheel is now showing the rev lights in reverse (right to left) since 1.4 update. Meaning from highest blue rev light at Low RPM to lowest red rev light at High RPM.

It was fine in 1.3.

• Agree 2

what still needs to be done urgently
+ Start Grip and grip in Argentina needs to be improved

+ announce better co pilot

Where can I set Hardcore Damage PS 4 ???
Enormous damage I could adjust yesterday in the career already

1 hour ago, gleylancer571 said:

what still needs to be done urgently
+ Start Grip and grip in Argentina needs to be improved

+ announce better co pilot

What do you mean by "grip in Argentina needs to be improved"? 

• Agree 1

I've had it a few times with the Peugot 205 Group B had the car only 10km / h top speed so went in Argentina

Posted (edited)

@ChristinaMc

I tested a test of each country with the new ffb. (Impreza WRC) 
They modified only the suspension springs, as well as the vibrations, or less according to the type of surface, the edges of road, the grids.
In Sweden on a slight vibration, which hangs, and which is totally snow-covered from the Monte, no vibration on the frozen parts and on asphalt likewise for the Spanish asphalt.
In all countries except New England, the roadsides are well felt.
Australia is where there is a bigger surface effect, so I adjusted the value of the suspensions to this country.
So actually no vibration compared to the engine or vibration braking but once this value of suspension well adjusted, it's rather pleasant, it lives a little more, it’s a good start. 

That could be the final touch

when the wheel locks up, when you brake, the steering wheel becomes softer on the asphalt and becomes softer with vibration on the gravel.
During acceleration, as in the beginning (gravel and asphalt) and the re-acceleration at the end of the turn on the gravel, additional vibrations.
when shifting, an impulse could be felt

Edited by GregPit81
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, GregPit81 said:

@ChristinaMc

I tested a test of each country with the new ffb. (Impreza WRC) 
They modified only the suspension springs, as well as the vibrations, or less according to the type of surface, the edges of road, the grids.
In Sweden on a slight vibration, which hangs, and which is totally snow-covered from the Monte, no vibration on the frozen parts and on asphalt likewise for the Spanish asphalt.
In all countries except New England, the roadsides are well felt.
Australia is where there is a bigger surface effect, so I adjusted the value of the suspensions to this country.
So actually no vibration compared to the engine or vibration braking but once this value of suspension well adjusted, it's rather pleasant, it lives a little more, it’s a good start. 

That could be the final touch

when the wheel locks up, when you brake, the steering wheel becomes softer on the asphalt and becomes softer with vibration on the gravel.
During acceleration, as in the beginning (gravel and asphalt) and the re-acceleration at the end of the turn on the gravel, additional vibrations.
when shifting, an impulse could be felt

And can you show your settings? I am curious how it looks right now. Thanks. 

6 minutes ago, Snoopy43 said:

And can you show your settings? I am curious how it looks right now. Thanks. 

On PS4, T300rs with 330mm 

for sweden, « couple d’alignement automatique » 80 -> 100

68EAAD8E-10D3-4389-856C-FFC032E34EEE.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Codies do you have any plans on improving the hardcore damage mode? By improving I mean making it more realistic. If you watch rally on TV you will know that often the slightest knock will damage the car and jeopardize the whole stage. Hardcore damage truly is not worthy of the name Hardcore as it is. Thanks 

Edited by A-M-A-R-85
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, GregPit81 said:

On PS4, T300rs with 330mm 

for sweden, « couple d’alignement automatique » 80 -> 100

Thank you. For me with G29 if I set up suspension more than 40 I get constant knocking on my wheel like there is something broken inside the wheel 😉 But up to 40 it feels really nice 🙂

• Agree 1

Steam, PC:

1. Game locked up when I tried to access store. Controls became unresponsive and had to restart the game.

2. Game locked up when I was scrolling through the results of a weekly community event. Controls became unresponsive and had to restart the game.

3. Can't change my leaderboards name. Changing my profile name doesn't do it.

4. Patch 1.4 made co-driver call outs during replays impossible to turn off. Previously it was possible to turn them off by selecting the "on" option, now they are audible on both "on" and "off" option.

5. Vehicles still have damage sometimes, after starting a rally, even though they were fully repaired before.

6. Disappearing lights in service park (above the windshield): 

7. There is an out of place rumbling sound, during replays, whenever a trackside camera is close to piles of wood logs, certain houses and other objects: 

8. Roadside pole placed inside the road, on one of the stages in Australia:

9imbWA8.png

I thought I may be looking too much into it but, upon closer observation, there really seems to be a problem with the Polo R5's snow tires. They are protruding too out of the wheel-wells, as exemplified by this screenshot:

20190516213425-1.jpg

Then, I thought to myself: "Maybe it's just because the Polo's snow tires are a little wider". However, look closely at the wheels from the side and you'll note that they seem to not be bolted to axle, which, if they were bolted, they'd be about right. Screenshot showing this:

(Focus on the center of the wheel and notice how you can see the holes on the rim and the ones on axle behind it. If the wheel were bolted, you wouldn't see the holes of the axle)

20190516213454-1.jpg

• Disagree 1

Dear Codemaster, how difficult can it be to repair the windshield wiper bug?

They still wiped randomly, and at the same time fps drops.

• Agree 3

13 hours ago, Shmeefly said:

I’m happy for them to hold season 2 until they fix the game, and as a humble apology give us a lot of rally content in a season 3 package free of charge, seems to be the only solution unless they somehow fix everything properly in the next patch, either way that’s still going to take some time 

I agree on a fixed game before more content....if you can't use the new content then why release it. The lack of communication is definitely upsetting also.

• Agree 1

I've found a very weird and annoying bug. When I connect the wheel and sequential shifter through two seperate usb inputs, the wheel becomes heavy and laggy and the ffb becomes stiffer and unresponsive. It doesn't happen when the shifter is connected to the wheel base, but in this case you can't map it as a handbrake.

My setup: Thrustmaster T150 + Th8a, PS4

7 hours ago, Snoopy43 said:

Thank you. For me with G29 if I set up suspension more than 40 I get constant knocking on my wheel like there is something broken inside the wheel 😉 But up to 40 it feels really nice 🙂

@ChristinaMc Yep same here with my G27...I use 50. Glad I don't feel this alone. Fortunately they do make an effort, just give CM the right feedback.  Damn I love this Game.

I'm experiencing some stuttering / hitching when playing with my wheel (Logitech DFGT) that isn't present when playing with my 360 controller. It's akin to what is described in this thread;

Though the solution proposed seems far from ideal.