Sign in to follow this  

strange results in race

I want to tell you about my experience yesterday while playing online.  I was racing against one other player so it was easy to track his location on track using the dynamic map.  I managed to pull a gap after the start and later I pitted coming out of the pits still in front.  Later in the race I saw him in the pits coming out just in front of me, so like anyone would think; he might have had problems and he was about to go a lap down.  So I gingerly approach him not to annoy him so much (caring about his feelings)  since he was about to be lapped.  We went side by side into a turn, he made a weird move and I came out of the road lightly and let him still in front only to hear from my engineer,  "don't worry we can get the position back"    I was in second!!!!      He disconnected a few laps later, I checked the race director and he had no laps nor his pit recorded.   What do you guys think?   From this point forward I will check the director after every race.

Lots of views but no comment yet.  Is this a new way to cheat whent you have a full lobby and nobody is paying attention?   It seems he waited right before I crossed the start line and he pulled out first to be registered first after wiping data to make it appear he was first off the line.  

Generally a players race data gets wiped after they disconnect so that's probably why there was s no laptimes or pit stops recorded. The glitch in the race seems similar to those where as you cross the line it might occasionally show someone finished ahead of you only to then correct itself later. It's probably down to the lag/sync issues that have been prominent in the last few games.