Sign in to follow this  

Hardcore damage option now in My Team! Thanks, Codemasters!

Let us rejoice! This game just got one step closer to perfection.

Let us also ponder why on earth this wasn't included in the patch notes.

Now they only have to sort out the awful heavy rain at night, crazy AI times and unexpected moments bug and we've got it, the best rally game ever!

I'm excited.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 4

Posted (edited)

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

d38436011f7a00da2461a44cc3035307.png

giphy.gif

Edited by bn880
  • Like 2

Big YES! on this one. I wonder if this hardcore damage is always turned on in online events, to make things more interesting. Otherwise there could be some disparities between players who have it off and on.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

49 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Big YES! on this one. I wonder if this hardcore damage is always turned on in online events, to make things more interesting. Otherwise there could be some disparities between players who have it off and on. 

Good question. I think hardcore damage should be obligatory in monthly events, which are about consistency and taking care of your car.

• Agree 5

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, danielofifi said:

Good question. I think hardcore damage should be obligatory in monthly events, which are about consistency and taking care of your car.

I'd even push it further and make it obligatory for any Online event.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 5

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, danielofifi said:

Absolutely. Personally I'd include it not only in monthlies but in all community events, as they all don't feature a restart option, and are supposed to be more of a true rally experience. Plus, there already is a mode for those who are having trouble with consistency. It's called time trials... 💥

Edit: that makes the two of us.

Edited by Pistro
  • Agree 1

It's hard, what after you activate the changes?

4 minutes ago, PetSild said:

Where in the menu to set the HD mode?

Difficulty settings when inside My Team

hardcore damage was ALWAYS enabled by default in My Team (and online events), was it not?

so now there is basically the option to turn it OFF, rather than the option to turn it on.

i noticed this when i played historic championship with hardcore damage set to off - you can basically plow straight into a tree and come away unscathed. could never do that in My Team or the online events before, you'd trash your car.

1 hour ago, Tranzitive said:

hardcore damage was ALWAYS enabled by default in My Team (and online events), was it not?

so now there is basically the option to turn it OFF, rather than the option to turn it on.

i noticed this when i played historic championship with hardcore damage set to off - you can basically plow straight into a tree and come away unscathed. could never do that in My Team or the online events before, you'd trash your car.

No, it wasn't. Maybe there was something in between in My Team, I don't know, but now it's easier to get mechanical damage in the career with hardcore damage on, which is a good thing.

Yeah, hardcore damage was never on for career events (and still isn't for the day/week/month community challenges). The only place you could manually enable it were in the freeplay section like the historic events and custom online championships.

The easiest thing to compare is how easy it is to puncture a tire in hardcore when going offroad, hitting a ledge, wall, rut, rock, etc vs normal career events before, where it was almost impossible no matter how rough you drive and how often you bash into stuff. It can still happen but it's waaaay more difficult to pop compared to hardcore damage on and the also first Dirt Rally game.

So what type of damage did they have previously in My Team then? Something in between "Hardcore damage off" and "hardcore damage on"? 

I personally felt the damage in My Team was fine. I used to regularly get punctures when hitting stuff, and a lot of mechanical damage just from driving the car. 

With hardcore damage off your car is almost invincible. 

So if hardcore damage causes your car to become damaged more than it used to get damaged in My Team, CM have effectively removed the 'middle ground' between hardcore on and off that i guess used to exist in My Team. So what are people who were happy with the amount of damage in My Team supposed to do now? 

Turning hardcore damage off is not challenging at all. 

There are 2 damage modes, HCD on or off.  Previously we had it off.  No change has been made to that just an option added.

3 hours ago, bn880 said:

There are 2 damage modes, HCD on or off.  Previously we had it off.  No change has been made to that just an option added.

Yup.

Transitive, hardcore damage off was and still is the default in the Career mode. There is no in between, you can simply opt into now if you want it. It sounded like you were fine with the level of damage before, so you should probably keep it off. Although I would suggest trying it on, if not in your Career than at least in a custom or historic event just to see what a more realistic level of damage is like.

6 hours ago, bn880 said:

I really don't think we did though. I played the whole of historic championship with it set to off to see if there was any difference between that and career mode and the amount of damage was substantially less with it off compared to career mode. I remember when playing the historic championship there was barely any damage at all compared to career mode, where i had to repair my car a lot at every service interval. At least that's what it seems to me. 

Admittedly it has been a while since i played career mode so I' ll have to do some more testing to confirm. 

It's one of those things where a slider or at least 3 options would have been useful. 

"Damage - low, medium, high/hardcore" 

Shouldn't have been too difficult for them to do and i'm pretty sure other rally games have implemented something like that in the past. 

• Disagree 1

I only ever played with hardcore damage on, so I can't relate, but trust me, you'll come to appreciate the more unforgiving damage model. It makes driving more intense, more addictive, more realistic. You have to be wise and let off throttle in some situations, just like in real life.

If it was up to me, I'd even make it more unforgiving, but it's a step in the right direction. In RBR, you were on your toes all the time, because even a small side contact with a barrier could have serious consequences, not to mention hitting anything head on or rolling.

• Agree 3

On 5/14/2019 at 3:48 PM, danielofifi said:

Let us also ponder why on earth this wasn't included in the patch notes.

No great conspiracy, I forgot to include it on the list.  Liveware problem.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

I really don't think we did though. I played the whole of historic championship with it set to off to see if there was any difference between that and career mode and the amount of damage was substantially less with it off compared to career mode. I remember when playing the historic championship there was barely any damage at all compared to career mode, where i had to repair my car a lot at every service interval. At least that's what it seems to me. 

Admittedly it has been a while since i played career mode so I' ll have to do some more testing to confirm. 

It's one of those things where a slider or at least 3 options would have been useful. 

"Damage - low, medium, high/hardcore" 

Shouldn't have been too difficult for them to do and i'm pretty sure other rally games have implemented something like that in the past. 

I definitely disagree with your observations.  Career mode damage in 1.3 and now with HCD OFF is very limited.

Edited by bn880

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, bn880 said:

I definitely disagree with your observations.  Career mode damage in 1.3 and now with HCD OFF is very limited. 

Also, don't the cars in the freeplay modes have all the upgrades by default? Most of which increase the durability of parts before repairs are needed. An un-upgraded car in the career taking a beating will require longer repair times than a fully upgraded one, even without hardcore damage. It could just be that throwing Tranzitive off, making it seem like non-hardcore damage was intense. The repair times do add up when you're just starting in a new car even just with some small bumps and bruises, but the actual heavy & slightly more realistic damages are still much harder to inflict compared to hardcore.

I know when I first started there were some services where I couldn't fully repair my car and occasionally had to pick and choose what to prioritize, but some upgrades changed that dramatically, to where I never had to do that again.

Edited by pyide

13 hours ago, CMMcBabe said:

No great conspiracy, I forgot to include it on the list.  Liveware problem.

Are there any other changes that didn't make the list? It seems like tire wear / degradation was increased slightly, but I haven't played enough to say for certain.

On 5/15/2019 at 2:28 PM, Tranzitive said:

It was always off before, now it is possible to turn it on and give yourself more of a challenge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1