Sign in to follow this  

quit

any others of the old timers have quit/quitting?

i mean what else is there left to do? 

9999 cups

gold tier everytime

complain about the 1000000000 bugs that exist

complain about chris and codeamateurs

get to 2k cups on a 0 PI car only to get screwed by the game because im too good

collect infinite useless R&D pts

please add on if you think of anymore 😛

• Agree 2

Totally agree, I posted something similar a few days ago:

And since then I haven't found any new motivation. No way I'm participating in the Monaco event, and I can't bring myself to do more duels lately. I guess it's over; oh well, the same holds for any other game; at some point you've basically beaten the game and it is time to move on. I'm not 100% at that point yet but getting close.

• Agree 1

I've expressed my thoughts elsewhere and more than once and clearly Codemasters are not thinking long term strategies. They want to attract new players who will spend big to climb Jacobs Ladder in a futile attempt to be as fast as AI competition. Those of us from V1 know this is a fallacy. Like me many players have reached peak status. There isn't a new tier to conquer. Repeating single lap duels for pointless common parts is actually demoralising. I'd rather not risk my good SR and 9,999 points to lose a race or win and still remain on 9,999 but gain a brake pad. 

You have asked us many times what we the players want and every suggestion has been ignored. No doubt you have had many fruitful meetings resulting in high fives all around as you implement new revenue building components like Season passes and VIP Packages, but look back over what the players want.... nobody asked for this.

We want the "Official F1 Game" to mirror as closely as is feasibly possible an F1 Season. 

So, what are we, the loyal base, many of whom, including myself have spent money on cars and credits supposed to do now? What compels us to play daily? We've hit the ceiling. Have you even given any thought to what we can do to remain engaged with the game or are we necessary collateral damage?

• Agree 1

They've lost control of the game, now hackers are trying to bring it down, and based on the updates, I see no evidence anyone left at Code Masters knows how to fix it.

Sort of like seeing a train wreck about to happen, can't stop it, all you can do is watch...

It's quite telling that Chris has addressed us personally to spruik the great novel, engaging and exciting new additions to the game and nobody has even bothered to respond. I did write a lengthy piece outlining the issues above, but deleted it in favour of a response as bland as the recognition with which his announcement was received.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

So, what are we, the loyal base, many of whom, including myself have spent money on cars and credits supposed to do now? What compels us to play daily? We've hit the ceiling. Have you even given any thought to what we can do to remain engaged with the game or are we necessary collateral damage?

lucky me, havent spent any cash 😄

and we wont be too much collateral, since us bringing it down is more of their loss

Edited by WongYewXuan

I definitely don't play this as much as I used to. I've stated this multiple times that there's little to no depth to this game. They keep rolling out monetized "features" that nobody asks for. Their attempt at a full season mode is nothing more than window dressing on the existing events mode. Even the new F1 Manager game is lame. It has nowhere near the depth of Motorsport Manager and is fixated on this stupid 1 lap duel concept. I haven't spent any money on this, thankfully. Games grow old over time and it seems like this game was designed from the ground up to become stale after 4 or 5 months. I really don't think they expected people to top out on this game so quickly. I think this game came out in October and by November/December I was already seeing screenshots of people hitting 9999.

I think the bug issues have gotten so out of control that the devs don't really know how to get it all under control. The grid starts still don't work properly and we've been complaining about that for at least 3 updates now. They've said several times that even they don't know how to fix the penalty system that they themselves built. It's basically admitting you created a broken feature. 

Then there's the whole hacking issue that has popped up recently, people cheating the events by shortcutting the tracks, people ramming you intentionally. Yeah, what a fun game this has evolved into.

Watch no one respond to this since there’s been all of zero response (however copy-and-paste canned) for similar outcry. Codeamateurs (😂 love it!) keeps saying they’re making “a game for everyone”. How misguided is that approach? F1 is not and will never be loved by “everyone”, just some and, guess what, that’s perfectly okay. F1 fans are deeply passionate about the sport and the only game that will succeed is one that caters to our desire to live the dream. That’s the secret sauce as is easily seen with the console/PC versions. Not every casual F1 fan will stick around and that’s okay too. There’s Angry Birds Go and many other racing games to fulfill their casual desires. We loyal, fans have made our needs clear since launch, suggesting features we actually want, but all have gone unheard. Focusing on delivering an honest F1 experience instead of gimmicky bugfest is the only way to win. A monopoly of near-perfect experience could have us eating out of the palm of their hands. We’ll be happy to pay (within reason, of course) and join you in the high fives all ‘round. Why would any decent person not want a win-win situation? A game for everyone is a game for no one.

They had a chance to be really innovative and deliver a true mobile sim. There are no other games like that out there for mobile devices. Instead, they copied the stale freemium model. Paywalls, timers on slot machine R&D boxes, shallow condensed versions of the race. How many dozens and dozens of other games have that exact same model? People need to stop sending these companies money until there's a major change in the mobile gaming world.

• Agree 2

There is a game on the market that is everything this should be. Monoposto. Being unofficial it doesn't have actual track simulations but the gameplay is real F1. Practice, qualifying  and a choice of races of up to 50 laps. Strategy is important with soft tyres wearing fast, needing frequent pitstops. A choice of harder tyres will let you stay out longer, but you'll lose your lead in a few laps. So you need to make calculated choices under pressure. Downforce is adjustable as is weather. Tracks are wider allowing proper overtaking. It's not perfect, but it's so much more like F1 than this game. Codemasters should buy this from the developer and overlay cars and circuits.