Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 Winter Testing

I must say it's seriously odd seeing an F1 car driving around deliberately without a front wing, but then again, serves them right for not having a spare of the new wing

VetteIfan said:
Hope Vettel keeps this helmet.

He said in an interview this season he will be more or less keeping one, so I think he will be sticking to that. I liked seeing his different helmet designs every week but it's probably good that he's created an identity for Ferrari now. 

The Red Bull does look fantastic.
Really? So it's basically a white helmet with the German tricolor? Jeez, how uncreative are these people?
I will probably like it 1 year from now, after it became ironically iconic due to its simplicity.

I must say it's seriously odd seeing an F1 car driving around deliberately without a front wing, but then again, serves them right for not having a spare of the new wing
No team has spares at the test. When Hamilton broke his last year at the test they couldn't run again before a new one arrived. 

Button drags a rough-sounding McLaren around again to post its first laptime of the day. A 1m54.655s is 33 seconds off the pace.

And the nightmare continues for Alonso.

Britpoint said:
fIsince08 said:
This is uncanny reliability from Merc!
Wait till Lewis gets in the car, it'll break down on lap 5 ;)
Maybe not lap 5, but you just had to say it, didn't you? ;)
told you! ;) Poor guy just can't catch a break! Bet he's wishing he stayed with McLaren

Can you imagine in 30 years time, another current driver who is a multiple champion who gets a senior position in a team doing that aha?

'And there's Lewis Hamilton, Non-Executive Director of Williams, taking a piss at testing for the 2045 season.'

I hope so!

Lets come back to this thread in 30 years and we'll see whether my post comes true :p

Seems Force Inida are in a spot of bother. Autosport are reporting they aren't going to run until the last Barcelona test now. 

Absolute unprecedented levels of banter if Marussia is at the start of the Australian GP and Force India isn't.

Jiggy said:
Absolute unprecedented levels of banter if Marussia is at the start of the Australian GP and Force India isn't.
Yeah, because it would be hilarious if a team had to miss the race wouldn't it...

From Sky's live 

Button immediately lowers his benchmark time. A 1:27.8 is immediately followed by a 1:12.660.

It's finally happening! :p :p