Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 Winter Testing

AMS97KRR said:
Jiggy said:
Absolute unprecedented levels of banter if Marussia is at the start of the Australian GP and Force India isn't.
Yeah, because it would be hilarious if a team had to miss the race wouldn't it...
I know I'm not one to talk, but we're not getting sensitive over this one, are we?

Jiggy said:
AMS97KRR said:
Jiggy said:
Absolute unprecedented levels of banter if Marussia is at the start of the Australian GP and Force India isn't.
Yeah, because it would be hilarious if a team had to miss the race wouldn't it...
I know I'm not one to talk, but we're not getting sensitive over this one, are we?
I'm not, but it wasn't even funny. Why is that "banter"? 

I dunno about that, I always thought Hamilton drove better when he wasn't with her :p 
2011, when it was as it's worst vs. 2014 when the relationship was probably at it's highest...

I dunno about that, I always thought Hamilton drove better when he wasn't with her :p 
2011, when it was as it's worst vs. 2014 when the relationship was probably at it's highest...

2011 he was also in the young kid/rockstar transition though too.

AMS97KRR said:
Jiggy said:
AMS97KRR said:
Jiggy said:
I see humor in a scenario where Marussia comes back from the dead and actually shows up at Australia and we're still a team down because Force India, who seemingly had no issues whatsoever, out of nowhere drops out. I said banter because it's horribly overused and that ironically makes it more fun to use.

Jiggy said:
AMS97KRR said:
Jiggy said:
AMS97KRR said:
Jiggy said:
I see humor in a scenario where Marussia comes back from the dead and actually shows up at Australia and we're still a team down because Force India, who seemingly had no issues whatsoever, out of nowhere drops out. I said banter because it's horribly overused and that ironically makes it more fun to use.
OK, well personally I wouldnt find that greatly funny, but whatever.

They've also split in 2013, somewhere around the Hungarian GP. Look how well that one went. ;)

They've also split in 2013, somewhere around the Hungarian GP. Look how well that one went. ;)
That's the one I was thinking of! Not 2012 then I guess :p 

He then dedicated that win to getting Nicole back. Which happened. Idk. If Hamilton is unhappy with his private life, he's ****

Somewhere, an anxious Felipe Massa is hoping they'll patch things up before the start of the season.

Jiggy said:
AMS97KRR said:
Jiggy said:
AMS97KRR said:
Jiggy said:
Oh the irony http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/31158612

Have to question that decision since Force India were one of those that were quite vocal about small teams being left in the dark last year... Considering their own predicament at the moment I would have thought they would have welcomed having at least one team they could finish ahead of this season.

mike96 said:
Jiggy said:
AMS97KRR said:
Jiggy said:
AMS97KRR said:
Jiggy said:
Oh the irony http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/31158612
Wow. That is glorious. Force India is ruthless.

"Formula One has to do more to save the small teams."
"Let's save Marussia!"
"No, f*** Marussia, save us, not them, they got one foot in the grave as it is."

I sort of get it. I mean, what is the point of Marussia now? They're basically already dead and has like no positive future perspective. Nobody would've been surprised if they ended up folding for good during the season. It's like keeping someone who is brain dead alive. I can understand Force India (and others) blocking that, so that they won't snatch money away from them. (Assuming that is the reason, no idea how this prize money thing works when a team disappears.)

Yeah, except for there being no need to turn it into some kind of moral argument. When you look at the grand scheme of things, in this case, I don't look at it like Marussia, the 300 boys and gals in the factory who work their ass off, but as Marussia, the F1-team. I separate those two things. And I don't think I'm being unfair or unreasonable when I question what the point is of Marussia, the F1-team, trying to delay the inevitable here by wanting to show up in Australia with a year old car and hoping that the rest will accept that, with no prospect of improving beyond such an awful situation.

That there will be people who will lose their jobs, is a whole another thing. And if we're going to have to put that into consideration, although I don't see why, one can say that it's probably a good thing for them to be able to move on from this and seek careers elsewhere, instead of having to stay on a sinking ship that won't do much other than possibly make everybody who is involved in it look bad by association.

Jiggy said:
When you look at the grand scheme of things, in this case, I don't look at it like Marussia, the 300 boys and gals in the factory who work their ass off, but as Marussia, the F1-team. I separate those two things.
And that is a really, really weird way to look at it because you're effectively talking about Marussia as if it was just a name and an empty shell.
We'll simply have to agree to disagree.

Yeah, it's only a few hundred people losing their job. No point in saving Marussia at all.
I'm not sure where in their proposal the 'saving' really comes into it though. I mean, even if we ignore the fact that they'd be running an illegal car that doesn't comply with the current safety regulations, is letting them run going to save the team? Even if they get their commercial money from 2014, they sold their factory to Haas and they have huge debts to pay off! They have no means to develop upgrades for their car. I'm not sure they'd even be able to build a new tub if whatever they've got left is damaged.

I'm all for saving teams and saving jobs, but there has to be some substance behind it rather than just trying to turn a wheel in Melbourne to collect their £30 million. 

Britpoint said:
I'm all for saving teams and saving jobs, but there has to be some substance behind it rather than just trying to turn a wheel in Melbourne to collect their £30 million. 
But we both agree that the chances of saving jobs in this case are higher once their team is actively partaking in F1 rather than not at all, right?

Jiggy said:
When you look at the grand scheme of things, in this case, I don't look at it like Marussia, the 300 boys and gals in the factory who work their ass off, but as Marussia, the F1-team. I separate those two things.
And that is a really, really weird way to look at it because you're effectively talking about Marussia as if it was just a name and an empty shell.
We'll simply have to agree to disagree.
Yeah, I guess.

I don't think it's an uncommon way of looking at things though, but then again, maybe it's also a Dutch mentality thing. We're apparently known for our cold approach to things like this.

Brilliant testing for Hamilton! He's pulled out with illness. Wehrlein will drive the Merc this afternoon.