Will F1 2019 use Denuvo?

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I was wondering if you have decided by now if the new F1 game will use Denuvo as protection? I've seen multiple games (including F1 2018) which had worse performance because of that. I've noticed that Dirt Rally 2.0 does not use Denuvo and so I wanted to ask if this is the same for F1 2019. This would be a reason for me and I think potentially many others to give the new game a try and buy it.

Edited by LsHallo

Can someone answer?
games with denuvo suffer a lot with stuttering on my pc, f1 2018 is an example

(if f1 2019 do not use denuvo I can pre purchase without fear of bad perfomance)

They are not going to respond... The ones caring about Denuvo are just not enough that it matters to them. They will just deliver a racing game that stutters ever lap at a random point and uses always online technology. You can clearly see the lags in the first gameplay footage they release with the big F1 youtubers. You cannot even trust these youtubers, they are just saying that the performance will improve until release. As we learned from F1 2018 that is not the case. Once released they only fix gameplay critical bugs and hide the bigger ones as good as possible. (Still seeing cars spawning on each other in mp, going over each other to overtake, etc...; When playing with ai you can clearly see when the lights go out that at least 4 swerve in the same direction at the same time)

With this philosophy i cannot support this company. Still keeping up to date wether they change.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

Yes, F1 2019 will probably use DENUVO just like other new gen games
But you cant know it, its jsut my  prediction

Edited by Auryel27
  • Disagree 1

On 5/29/2019 at 9:53 AM, relampagopt said:

Can someone answer?
games with denuvo suffer a lot with stuttering on my pc, f1 2018 is an example

(if f1 2019 do not use denuvo I can pre purchase without fear of bad perfomance)

F1 2018 runs perfect on my PC which has an AMD 8320 CPU,GTX970 GPU and 16 GBs or ram.If dunovo was causing your PC to stutter then it would cause all PCs to stutter.You either need to upgrade your PC or turn down the eye candy in the games settings.What are your PC specs?

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Denuvo spoils the performance of games thereby loading at times the processor of a computer, if they add a denuvo game, they should not buy games with a denuvo at all because it is not right. And this is a spittle from the developers of game buyers. And they developers will never answer whether there will be a denuvo in the game, so as to be afraid that the game will not be bought, moreover, this game is a conveyor like DLS with cosmetic changes.
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Koul2020 said:

Denuvo spoils the performance of games thereby loading at times the processor of a computer, 

It does no such thing.As in my previous post,If it did then everyone would have that problem and we don't.Either your PC specs are not up to par to run the game with the settings you're using or your PC is over due for a fresh install of windows.The only thing denuvo does is it prevents you from playing the game if you didn't pay for it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

Posted (edited)

Oh really? https://streamable.com/p0tjt I recorded this personally with F1 2018 when Codemasters leaked a Denuvo free .exe on the free weekend.

Same thing with map loading/cutscenes/career mode transitions and general micro stutter as Denuvo does it's thing in the background. The DRM-free exe is about 12MB, the Denuvo version is nearly 200MB, SO MUCH BLOATWARE ****

Edited by kraM1t
  • Agree 1

Even if the people who bought the game Denuvo, it is still there, it hurts everyone. Not all people have top-end powerful computers, but Denuwo otzhiruet the performance of the game FPS is significantly moreover. Denuvo negatively affects the performance of games, and the speed of the game loading itself slows down significantly from Denuvo. And if developers respect their game buyers, they shouldn’t shove Denuvo in every game unless of course they have a contract with Denuvo.
  • Disagree 1

On 6/1/2019 at 6:08 PM, EdwardoAndretti said:

It does no such thing.As in my previous post,If it did then everyone would have that problem and we don't.Either your PC specs are not up to par to run the game with the settings you're using or your PC is over due for a fresh install of windows.The only thing denuvo does is it prevents you from playing the game if you didn't pay for it.

I'm not sure about that. When they removed Denuvo from Doom (2016) for example many people, including me, got a small boost in performance. 

Game companies are trying to justify the use of things like Denuvo and tell us that it doesn't affect performance and doesn't collect personal data and so on, but I tend to not believe them.
Either way, drm sucks and should not be defended in any way. 

I have seen a video where a person tried out the F1 2018 comparison between Denuvo exe and Denuvoless exe - the average performance improvement with Denuvoless exe was about 10% FPS increase in dry conditions, loading times decreased slightly and most of the lagspikes were gone. Says quite a bit I think.

It has long been proven by all experts that the protection of Denuvo only harms the games and greatly underestimating the performance of the game greatly worsens the frame time of the FPS.

The performance impact of Denuvo is minor in most cases, but it doesn't excuse the fact that Codemasters Birmingham still tries to use it. DiRT team hasn't used it for years at this point I believe.

Also it's not like I care. The performance difference is insignificant and for example between Feral's Linux port and the Windows one, the biggest performance difference will be due to one of the versions being Feral's port.

Also just as a thought, the exe that did not have Denuvo in it could also have other stuff taken out for one or another reason causing a quicker load time.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Denuvo affects the performance of the game and on the FPS as a whole, worsening it even on top PCs. Already there are hundreds of videos about Denuvo and from it only damage it causes to all computers

1 hour ago, Koul2020 said:

Denuvo affects the performance of the game and on the FPS as a whole, worsening it even on top PCs. Already there are hundreds of videos about Denuvo and from it only damage it causes to all computers

Yet we haven't figured out if it's Denuvo, or how the developers use it.

• Disagree 1

On 16.06.2019 at 21:42, relampagopt said:

У кого-то есть новости, если игра использует денуво ??

Yes, Denuvo will be in the game.

36 minutes ago, Mitchell49 said:

Источник?

In f1 2015,16,17,18 Denuvo was and in this part will be.