Sign in to follow this  

Dear Codemasters

Posted (edited)

Dear Codemasters, 

Thank you for all of the fixes recently, I'm sure you have been working tirelessly to get them all done. There is one big issue however that seems to have gone under the radar. Those of us who watch real life rally/WRC on TV know that the amount of damage the cars in Dirt Rally 2.0 can take and still be drive-able, even with hardcore damage mode on, is extremely forgiving. In real rally, the slightest clip of your car on the road sides usually causes enough damage to sabotage the whole stage. Sure, I understand this is way too tough for most gamers, but wasn't that the whole point of having a separate mode for those of us who want that more realistic experience?

When I first heard there was going to be a separate hardcore damage mode, I was over the moon, thinking we would finally have a mode where you are forced to drive CAREFULLY, just like a real rally driver. But unfortunately you can still be reckless and not worry too much about damaging your car and jeopardizing your rally. So Codies, PLEASE can you make the Hardcore Damage mode worthy of having the word "Hardcore" in it, and remember everyone who wants a less realistic experience always has the option to turn it off. 

Thank you. 

Edited by A-M-A-R-85

13 hours ago, A-M-A-R-85 said:

Dear Codemasters, 

Thank you for all of the fixes recently, I'm sure you have been working tirelessly to get them all done. There is one big issue however that seems to have gone under the radar. Those of us who watch real life rally/WRC on TV know that the amount of damage the cars in Dirt Rally 2.0 can take and still be drive-able, even with hardcore damage mode on, is extremely forgiving. In real rally, the slightest clip of your car on the road sides usually causes enough damage to sabotage the who stage. Sure, I understand this is way too tough for most gamers, but wasn't that the whole point of having a separate mode for those of us who want that more realistic experience?

When I first heard there was going to be a separate hardcore damage mode, I was over the moon, thinking we would finally have a mode where you are forced to drive CAREFULLY, just like a real rally driver. But unfortunately you can still be reckless and not worry too much about damaging your car and jeopardizing your rally. So Codies, PLEASE can you make the Hardcore Damage mode worthy of having the word "Hardcore" in it, and remember everyone who wants a less realistic experience always has the option to turn it off. 

Thank you. 

That's right. I also have got the feeling of being 'Hardcore Damage' too forgiving in comparison to 'Hardcore Damage off'. Obviously, there is some difference but not so big. I even skip the fact that the damage model is still not complicated enough to be effective and obviously realistic. Even in 'DIRT 3' it looked better.