Season 2 Info, will there be a season 3

Very disappointed really.

Too much RX **** I don't wanna play.

Only Wales and Lancia 037 Evo 2 returning and one...single...new...rally car.

I really, really hope there are plans for a 3rd season focusing on rally...

At this point I don't expect new rally-stages or cars ever for this game but at least give us the remaining content from DR1.

• Agree 9

as a deluxe edition owner i'm happy with the content. they have always said, right from the beginning, that season 1 will be more rally focused and season 2 will be more Rx focused. 

i also would have preferred Greece but i'm perfectly happy with Wales. Greece was probably my favorite rally in DR1 but Wales was second. it makes sense from a gameplay balance point of view too as there is no real 'muddy' rally in there at the moment, but Aus, NZ, and Poland are all loose gravel, kinda similar to Greece.

the Rx in DR2.0 is really fun, if only they would fix the AI. on some tracks they're fine but on others they are really unbalanced, i might actually make a whole thread about it with my observations on it as i've played career Rx reasonably extensively.

but basically the AI times seem to be fine on the 'old' tracks like Hell, Sweden, etc., but too fast on the new tracks. the AI also seem to always do really well on tracks with 'slaloms', basically any track that requires a large amount of lateral grip they will crush you at, even if you try and tune the car for lateral grip as much as possible (i've actually tried).

• Agree 4

Just now, Tranzitive said:

the Rx in DR2.0 is really fun, if only they would fix the AI. on some tracks they're fine but on others they are really unbalanced, i might actually make a whole thread about it with my observations on it as i've played career Rx reasonably extensively.

but basically the AI times seem to be fine on the 'old' tracks like Hell, Sweden, etc., but too fast on the new tracks. the AI also seem to always do really well on tracks with 'slaloms', basically any track that requires a large amount of lateral grip they will crush you at, even if you try and tune the car for lateral grip as much as possible (i've actually tried).

Yeah, this. I AI times on the new tracks are ridiculous, hopefully the latest additions don't have that problem.  

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, ianism said:

I mean, fair that you wanted more rally stuff (I am disappointed too), but you haven't even raced RX in the game and you don't like it? hahahahaha

I don't enjoy circuits. RX was included in other Dirt games and I never enjoyed, so why I would lose my time playing this in DiRT Rally 2 having a lot of rally stuff to do in this game. And I don't have a lot of time after work, so I have to optimize my free time.

Posted (edited)

There was always going to be loads of RX coming, as DiRT has the official licence for FIA Rallycross. 

More Rally content will always be unofficial as BigBen has the official WRC rights.

Codemasters have done what they can here, I think. 

Edited by bigburt82
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, bigburt82 said:

There was always going to be loads of RX coming, as DiRT has the official licence for FIA Rallycross. 

More Rally content will always be unofficial as SEGA has the official WRC rights.

Codemasters have done what they can here, I think. 

SEGA what?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bogani said:

SEGA what?

I meant BigBen, sorry!

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, CarlesWRC said:

I don't enjoy circuits. RX was included in other Dirt games and I never enjoyed, so why I would lose my time playing this in DiRT Rally 2 having a lot of rally stuff to do in this game. And I don't have a lot of time after work, so I have to optimize my free time.

RX is the best it's been since Dirt 3. there's way more tracks and the phsyics are better now obviously.

I'm not that into it either, but to not even try something and say you don't like it is a little silly.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, ianism said:

RX is the best it's been since Dirt 3. there's way more tracks and the phsyics are better now obviously.

I'm not that into it either, but to not even try something and say you don't like it is a little silly.

I can give it a try, but it won’t change my mind. I’m a rally fan since kid, and for almost two decades. I never been interested in RX, so of course, great for RX fans this season 2, but not for me. I was expecting more DR1 content for this season, and have the option to dream with truly new rally locations for Season 3. Now it looks like we only will get the two last rally locations from DR1 on Season 3 and that’s all (and I’m not saying it’s bad, I was just expecting more new rally content, that’s all).

I don't see where is the problem not to play RX. It's like put football in a basketball game (let's say). I suppose there will be players not interested in football.

Edited by CarlesWRC

Posted (edited)

What about a season pass for S3 and S4 for those who want to buy everything, with a slight discount like Deluxe?

It helps planning stuff for the future with some cash-in.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 2

31 minutes ago, Riggs said:

What about a season pass for S3 and S4 for those who want to buy everything, with a slight discount like Deluxe?

It helps planning stuff for the future with some cash-in.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they did that – you can already buy a season pass for 1 and 2 combined.

• Like 1

You all seem to be very optimistic that there will be a 3rd season or any content at all after 2nd season.

I don't see that coming, unfortunately.

I think they will release VR and Leagues somewhere in summer and when the 2nd season runs out in august, that will be it and we have to wait for the next game with the same problems again.

Very pessimistic I know, but wouldn't really surprise me.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, afahoy said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they did that – you can already buy a season pass for 1 and 2 combined.

Resultado de imagem para do want meme

Let's get it started

Season 2 is disaster :((. Wales? Last on the list. 

And new RX locations? Zehhhh. 

And rallycross cars? Don't even bother to look at it. 

• Like 1
  • Disagree 3

2 hours ago, CarlesWRC said:

What a disaster.. I was expecting a lot more rally content for season two, and only I got Wales.

I don't like RX, in fact, I didn't test this category yet in DiRT Rally 2.

DIRT_RALLY_2.0-CONTENT_SEASON2-PEGI.jpg

season 1 was all rally content. 

• Like 1

Can we please swap Latvia and Wales around! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Recicled Wales (i loved...but we need NEW Rallys) ) 2 rally cars...and nothing more for me. 

Totally disappointed

• Sad 1

Absolutely dissapointment for me. Finland is a must have. I'm pretty sure they will include it in season 3... which means I'd have to pay extra despite already paying extra by buying deluxe edition. Yes yest, I like Wales at all, but Finland just should be there. I'm convinved they absolutely know it and made it intentional, so anybody would buy season 3...

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Pioy said:

Absolutely dissapointment for me. Finland is a must have. I'm pretty sure they will include it in season 3... which means I'd have to pay extra despite already paying extra by buying deluxe edition. Yes yest, I like Wales at all, but Finland just should be there. I'm convinved they absolutely know it and made it intentional, so anybody would buy season 3...

Hummm, i think wales is the preferred location from DR1 to most of the guys, so it makes sense to be in Season 2. For me, it's Greece, Wales and Finland (in this order), but i understand why CM choose to end the predicted DLC rally content with Wales. I just hope there's a S3 and S4 with Greece, Finland and some new locations (Portugal is my dream 😄 )

ok, season it's interesting only for 911 sc, 037 and wales, but the season 3 or more it's confirmed from codremasters?? or it's only a dream, and, all the tweet with subaru focus etc recording sound, if this car not include in season 2 what mean?? it's really exist more dlc??? on this game need more 2000' cars, 2010s cae and kitcar like 306 maxi!

17 minutes ago, skylinegtr34 said:

ok, season it's interesting only for 911 sc, 037 and wales, but the season 3 or more it's confirmed from codremasters?? or it's only a dream, and, all the tweet with subaru focus etc recording sound, if this car not include in season 2 what mean?? it's really exist more dlc??? on this game need more 2000' cars, 2010s cae and kitcar like 306 maxi!

The plan was to continually update DR2 with extra content while it was profitable to do so, which is why they were very careful to limit season pass to just the first two seasons. That meant they could continue releasing more at additional cost. However I'm not sure that DR2 has sold well enough and has enough active users who might buy it for it to make financial sense to do more seasons.

It seems there are some very egoistic(sorry if i offended someone) people here on this forum, if their most wanted track or car is not on the list it's a "disaster" or "disappointment" or "*****".

If you look at the content of season 1 and 2 combined, CM did a pretty good job trying to give something for everybody. It's a good mixture of Rally, RallyX, old cars, more recent cars,....

They can't please everybody and it was very clear this was a Rally AND a RallyX game from the beginning. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

Bummer since they said there would be a similar amount of content in Season 2, extremely short RX locations do not exactly compare to +12 miles of rally stages and all the various configurations (halves, reverses, etc).  If they doubled up and put 2 RX + 1 Rally + 2 RX instead of 1 + 1 + 1, even someone like me who doesn't care about RX at all wouldn't be disappointed by that. It's still not 1:1 comparable in terms of sheer content, but it's definitely better. 

It's unfortunate, but it was clear when the S1 DLC was first announced that there's no possible way they can please everyone with this next batch of DLC. A group of folks were going to be upset that they didn't complete the DR1 locations no matter what, others were going to be upset that they aren't doing actual new Rally locations instead, and it turns out RX fans are still left wanting the remaining 2 2018 RX locations.

And now everyone is left wondering if a S3 will happen.

• Agree 1

Hmm, not wishing to sound too cynical here but looking at the somewhat uninspiring offerings of season 2 as well as taking into consideration the community requests as further DLC additions, you can't help but wonder if Codemasters have deliberately withheld specific locations to make future seasons more appealing. Ask yourself the question, if the remaining locations from DR1 would have all been included in season 2 and knowing that it would be highly unlikely that any new rally locations would be developed specifcally for DLC, would you really have the confidence in spending a further £25 on completely unknown content in future seasons?

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1