Season 2 Info, will there be a season 3

Why are people disappointed when we knew before the game was released that S2 would focus on RX?

Get a bloody hold of yourselves. 

• Agree 7
  • Disagree 1

for Season 3 i hope: Rally Greece, Rally Finland, kit car class ( Seat Ibiza-peugeot 306-Nissan Sunny-Renault megane??? and old wrc Subaru - Ford focus 2001 

add setting: sequential  + H gearbox + clutch and Clubs

• Agree 2

Season 2 Content: Did they listen to the fan base? Yes, and by fan base I mean the 3 guys who enjoy rallycross. Overall... saw it coming... still, truly horrendous!

About Season 3: 

1o878e.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Disagree 2

51 minutes ago, EdenEnclave said:

Season 2 Content: Did they listen to the fan base? Yes, and by fan base I mean the 3 guys who enjoy rallycross. Overall... saw it coming... still, truly horrendous!

About Season 3: 

1o878e.jpg

I'll repeat my previous sentence. We knew it was coming before the game was released because, ya know, Codemasters told us S2 would be Rallycross. 

• Agree 3

13 hours ago, EdenEnclave said:

About Season 3: 

1o878e.jpg

You should change that last part to: "if you have the mental capability to read or think before paying" or "if you exceed the amount of brain cells a goldfish has" 😛 

The fact that there are a lot of those people around explains why a man like Trump was ellected and Brexit became a reality.

Humanity is clearly evolving in the wrong direction. #PrayForBrains

• Haha 2
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

@ChristinaMc
Thanks CM for bringing Wales to DR2, Really look forward to this.
Not really a fan of RX but understand that there are people who love it.
This is one of the best rally games.

• Agree 9

I would like to see Both Finland rally and Greece rally in Season 3. Also I find it strange that there are no swedish classic rally cars, like the Volvo Amazon and Saab 96 in the game. I would like more H1/H2 cars. 🙂

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Makromatic said:

CM's, please give us a season 3 with non recycled new stages....

With a couple of exceptions that won't happen (Ypres in Belgium, Finnskog in Norway or some Mosel Valley stages), I'd genuinely rather have the 30km of Finnish roads from DR1 updated for DR2 with the new graphics and physics than a brand new location.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Kjell007 said:

I would like to see Both Finland rally and Greece rally in Season 3. Also I find it strange that there are no swedish classic rally cars, like the Volvo Amazon and Saab 96 in the game. I would like more H1/H2 cars. 🙂

Saab are a nightmare I believe, not sure even who owns the rights to licence them these days. Otherwise, that would be right up at the top of my list too. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2019 at 3:01 PM, CarlesWRC said:

What a disaster.. I was expecting a lot more rally content for season two, and only I got Wales.

I don't like RX, in fact, I didn't test this category yet in DiRT Rally 2. 

I fully agree with you !
I think for rallycross Codemasters should make their own game ;-)
Or a new DTM Race Driver? because you could pack RX

image.png.74853b74a773c11af710d46e90dd0b61.png

Edited by gleylancer571

On 5/17/2019 at 8:41 PM, magpieracer48 said:

I'll repeat my previous sentence. We knew it was coming before the game was released because, ya know, Codemasters told us S2 would be Rallycross. 

The fact that we knew Season 2 would focus on RX doesn't alter the fact that it could have been changed to give players more rally content. They could release both RX tracks simultaneously, for example, and then release two rally locations. It is not like the announcement they made months ago, rendered future downloadable content immutable!

• Agree 1

On 5/18/2019 at 9:45 AM, SimVansevenant said:

You should change that last part to: "if you have the mental capability to read or think before paying" or "if you exceed the amount of brain cells a goldfish has" 😛 

The fact that there are a lot of those people around explains why a man like Trump was ellected and Brexit became a reality.

Humanity is clearly evolving in the wrong direction. #PrayForBrains

I haven't purchased DiRT Rally 2.0. It would only be worth purchasing the Deluxe Edition and since I couldn't possibly foresee the (specific) content of the DLCs, I chose not to buy the game. You see, people with "brains" make the least possible number of assumptions. Season 2 certainly didn't give me much incentive, so I'll be waiting for Codemasters to confirm or deny Season 3, which I hope, will be included in the Deluxe Edition. Otherwise, no deal. Unless Mexico pays for it, of course.

It's not so bad. Wales will be fun. I agree about RX though, I really don't touch the RX content at all. 

Greece would be a good Rally stage to have, but isn't Greece mainly tarmac? This game's tarmac physics just don't feel right, so maybe another country with mud/snow would be better?

Either way I'm okay with Season 2 content. 

1 hour ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

Greece is gravel.

Bring on the gravel then!

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

My secret hope is still Corsica after all the DR1 locations.

Edited by paint21
  • Like 1

Corsica in on the top of my list as well. 

Marvelous location. 

People moaning about season 2 before it's even out should pipe down a bit. I mean, after Wales we will have a 10 round rally championship with many many cars. Yes, there are only 3 RX fans in the world, but there's a licence to think about, and a planned road map that was in place before release. 

Lets not get too greedy, once the RX is out the way, codemasters can look into requested content and supply and demand etc. There are obviously a lot of people who play rx and it will most likely be the focus of esports, so it's important they get the full intended calendar in.

10 rally locations though! With a good possibility of more, all being well.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

I hope rally gets its own eSports too, with a proper season structure. It'd be so epic.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)

Does anyone happen to have a heads-up of the trophies/achievements for the DLC2 ?

Edited by bigburt82
typo

On 5/17/2019 at 6:15 PM, magpieracer48 said:

Why are people disappointed when we knew before the game was released that S2 would focus on RX?

Because moaning is easier than reading....

...as you say, the intent was clear even before the release of the game and it's not like there isn't any rally content in season two. 

There seems to be a very blinkered view taken by some: just because rallycross isn't of interest to those people, doesn't mean that there aren't other players who are really looking forward to more seeing more rallycross content. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

I'm not so disappointed by the fact there will be more rallycross content, but I am disappointed in that there will be so little new content in season 2 overall.  I was absolutely expecting that, when they finally get to adding rallycross tracks, that they'd release them in at least packs of 2.  In which case, if they kept the same two dates for rallycross releases but up it to tracks per week, we'd get 4 rallycross tracks which could then complete the season of tracks.  Each Rally location has a lot more ground to cover than a single rallycross stage, I'll get my fill of that within a few laps.  

Sadly I don't even touch rallycross anymore in this game since I only play against the AI and I don't like the AI for rallycross, was more fun in dirt 4.  But even with the broken AI I'd gladly take 4 rallycross stages for season 2.  A single track released over next several weeks is really underwhelming.  I won't even bother logging in.  Single rally location can keep me amused for a long time though, so can the car releases generally.  I don't do the rallycross dailies, those are boring to me with too little payout.  

So, season 2 doesn't exactly equal the amount of content with got in season 1.  They directly stated it'd have a similar amount of content, but I fail to see it that way.  

Even though their distribution of rallycross content is quite sad, I'd still probably blindly pay for another 2 seasons of content up front if they were to offer it in front of me.  Please, take my money for more longevity.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

it would've been nice to get Wales first, too. have to wait two months for the next location now...

and I'm saying that as a rallycross fan who really likes the Latvia RX track.

I'm also better at RX in the game... I can get in tier 1 easily in the community events, whereas in Rally I struggle to make it out of tier 3. 

I just like rally more, that's all.

sidenote: don't get your hopes up too much for a new rally location like Mexico in season 3. the fact that its flags can be seen along the routes with those of every other location in the game doesn't mean it's coming. it's just as likely that it was being worked on but then got cancelled at some point.

if it does, I'll be over the moon though. just happy for something new!!

Edited by ianism