Jump to content

Season 2 Info, will there be a season 3

Recommended Posts

2 months for Wales and 4-5 for Finland 😭

  • Sad 2
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I do not wish I want the Season Two content to appear for all systems at the same time.
I have bought DR 2.0 for PS4 and still no DLCs and the PC owners have been able to play for hours
This is a fool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats because Steam doesn't allow releases by regions, that's why it was launched for everyone on PC. Otherwise oz's would have to wait 12 hours more.

But hey, last time you got the cars earlier than us 😄 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Thats because Steam doesn't allow releases by regions, that's why it was launched for everyone on PC. Otherwise oz's would have to wait 12 hours more.

But hey, last time you got the cars earlier than us 😄  

So I always had the last DLCs from midnight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought Dirt Rally 2.0 for quite cheap and bought the deluxe dlc straight away.......probably ended paying the same amount as the base game upon release.

I'll be honest I didn't do a lot of research about it before hand.  I did the transactions based on the awesomeness of DR1.  

So I just realised as I read this thread that my deluxe edition.....only includes Season 1&2.  Wait what?  I've been conditioned into thinking a deluxe edition of any game includes ALL the future dlc.  Obviously I was wrong.  Oh well, I have little to no interest in Rx so it just means I've paid $40 for Sweden, Germany, Monte Carlo and Wales.....so $10 a stage.  If possible I won't buy season3 and 4 and opt to buy just the rally stages.

On that note though, what would people be willing to pay for a new unique rally location?  Not something re-hashed from DR1, but totally new.  I'd say I'd pay $10 (Aud) for that as future dlc.  Personally I'd love to be playing this game in 2 years time with a constant drip of new rally stages.  Dreaming I know.

 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

you paid $40 for the deluxe edition add-on, or for the base game + deluxe edition add-on? must be the latter as the former is far too expensive.

in which case you paid $40 for 10 rally locations, which is $4 per stage. and the deluxe edition includes all the DLC vehicles as well, of which there have been 6 so far.

$40 for a game that looks really good with 10 rally locations is a pretty damn good deal, especially with the handling model being as awesome as it is.

Edited by Tranzitive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a little bit expensive indeed, but at the end we will have the most locations in a rally game ever, by the codies.

I don't like Rally X, so that's worthless for me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Ferrethead81 said:

I bought Dirt Rally 2.0 for quite cheap and bought the deluxe dlc straight away.......probably ended paying the same amount as the base game upon release.

I'll be honest I didn't do a lot of research about it before hand.  I did the transactions based on the awesomeness of DR1.  

So I just realised as I read this thread that my deluxe edition.....only includes Season 1&2.  Wait what?  I've been conditioned into thinking a deluxe edition of any game includes ALL the future dlc.  Obviously I was wrong.  Oh well, I have little to no interest in Rx so it just means I've paid $40 for Sweden, Germany, Monte Carlo and Wales.....so $10 a stage.  If possible I won't buy season3 and 4 and opt to buy just the rally stages.

On that note though, what would people be willing to pay for a new unique rally location?  Not something re-hashed from DR1, but totally new.  I'd say I'd pay $10 (Aud) for that as future dlc.  Personally I'd love to be playing this game in 2 years time with a constant drip of new rally stages.  Dreaming I know.

 

 

I'm not sure, but i think Season 3 and beyond is yet to be confirmed. I'm also a deluxe owner and i'm geting what i bought, season 1 and season 2 (nothing more was advertised). If (i sure hope so) there are additional seasons, i have no problem paying for them because a) Nobody works for free, b) deluxe version of the game is the base game+S1+S2 and c) i really would like CM and DR2.0 to succeed and improve/add aditional features/content to the game. Codies aren't a solidarity institution, they are a business company and so, they obviously rely on money rolling in to keep the business going.

Edited by Opassac
  • Agree 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait for a Season Pass 2 to be confirmed which will include S3+S4.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ferrethead81 said:

Personally I'd love to be playing this game in 2 years time with a constant drip of new rally stages.  Dreaming I know.

I'm the same as you. I have played the last few Dirt games long after release, but to have years of support would be absolutely fantastic. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

you paid $40 for the deluxe edition add-on, or for the base game + deluxe edition add-on? must be the latter as the former is far too expensive.

in which case you paid $40 for 10 rally locations, which is $4 per stage. and the deluxe edition includes all the DLC vehicles as well, of which there have been 6 so far.

$40 for a game that looks really good with 10 rally locations is a pretty damn good deal, especially with the handling model being as awesome as it is.

Nope, in Aus (my memory could be failing me) I'm pretty sure the deluxe add-on only, was around $40AUD.  Which is a fair bit less than $40 USD.  I got the base game for $40AUD.

EDIT: just checked and the original price of the deluxe dlc was $40.95 AUD, it's now on sale for $27.95 AUD.  The base game on PSN in Australia is currently $99.

I don't mind paying for new content.  Take DriveClub, I absolutely loved all the dlc in that game.  GT sport, same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

thanks for the clarification, i thought you were talking in USD. 40AUD is around 27 USD. not bad but man you guys get dinged on video games there, think it was just 20 USD for the deluxe edition add-on from the US PSN store.

i still think overall it's not a bad deal (at least outside of Aus), 10 rally locations with fairly long stages, 10 rallycross tracks and plenty of cars for the base game + deluxe edition combined.

okay not everyone likes rallycross but it's there for people who want it and can be fun as something different to do. i probably play 80% rally and 20% Rx personally. 

content-wise it's one of the most 'full' rally games we've seen in ages. WRC7 of course had all 13 (???) rally locations but only something like 3 stages per location, and the car selection was fairly limited.

the bugs and other issues aside i think there is going to be enough content to keep most people playing for a fairly long time by the end of Season 2. it's a game i can see myself coming back to fairly regularly or at least every now and then for the next 2 years or so. and a game like this isn't going to really become dated in the same way that the F1 game does, or even like the official WRC games do (one of the downsides of the WRC license).

if they add a season 3 i'd definitely be in as long it's all rally, but i hope they add some new locations if they do in fact do a season 3 rather than recycling the locations from Dirt 1. 

Edited by Tranzitive
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×