POLL | DiRT Rally 2.0 Season 3, 4 and more DLCs

POLL | DiRT Rally 2.0 Season 3, 4 and more DLCs  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in having more seasons for DiRT Rally 2.0? Which ones?

• Season 3
    • Season 4
    • Season 5
    • To infinity and beyond

22 hours ago, Riggs said:

But on the other hand, releasing a sequel just to add more routes to existing ones, seems a bit inefficient. There's been some roaring about "rehashed" content with the DR1 rallies via DLC. Cost-wise it'd be more efficient releasing track packs to the existing game package rather than just make a new one to launch those. Anyway that's just my perspective, similar to what rFactor 2 and Assetto Corsa have been doing.

Launching DR3 in my opinion would have to imply a lot of other things besides content, in order to have a successful reception:

yeah the complaints about rereleasing DR1 courses is funny given that they're mostly from simheads who play circuit racers or rally fans who've presumably played the WRC games a bunch. why do those games get to release the same content every time but the Dirt games don't?

a sequel (seriously, the game's only been out four months, why are we talking about this?) would hopefully have the old locations with new and old stages, plus new locations. and yeah of course it would need all that other stuff you mentioned. it's not gonna come out for another 2-4 years. hold your horses!

19 hours ago, SteveGambino357 said:
684/5000

anyway now that I think about it .. regarding the licenses I don't think they should have problems inserting other cars like the ones I mentioned in the previous post. Otherwise you can't explain why there are R5 cars (in DR2.0) that are part of the WRC2 in the real world championship ... so they didn't have obstacles with them, I don't think the licensing problem is a problem. ..... so that Kylotton risks opening a dispute for this is a risk that should be executed to have a complete game.
The event is a motor sport discipline, not a dispute on the national border !!!! :classic_biggrin:

Nice to compare myself with you who know more!

Greetings

you're wrong, sorry. R5 (and R2) cars run in rallies all over the world not just the WRC. you can buy them from the manufacturer. WRC cars are made specifically for the WRC, so they have the license for them.

1 hour ago, LibranRabbit said:

😏

Longer, straighter stages, I’m not saying straight, but stages where you can max out top gear for a while. Many real stages in many countries have them.

what's the point of that? this isn't top speed racing. it's rally racing. in a game, everyone will just be on the limiter for the whole section. how is that meant to separate the best drivers from the average ones? it's nice once in a while, but too much is too much.

and anyways, we have a couple of top speed sections already in Poland and Spain, and Finland will come. how do I know this? you sell Season 3/4 with one of the locations people liked best from the first game.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I understand his point on straighter courses, because there's places like that in Sweden, Poland, Argentina, Australia, Spain, etc. The most obvious location for this would be Kenya.

I think at the moment, with the given stages there's also long enough straights to push for top speeds, and we'll hopefully have one more soon: Finland.

This just gets back to the previous point: adding 2 more long stages (translates into 1 real one being photographed), and that will open up the possibility for more straights.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 4

more stages per location ain't happening though. for sure not enough people for that any longer,and definitely was never in the plan for this game.

• Agree 1

Friends, I'm not against anyone.
I'm just saying this because I'm a fan of rallying and gaming. But above all I go to see the rallies live and I know how they work, what machines are there and how everything happens.
I say this because I would like to find what I see in reality, in the game. Find a lot more rally simulation in games.
If it were up to me, in addition to the special stages, I would also put the transfer section ... making them become free-roaming gaming rallies.
Real simulation man

That would require a production studio similar to Rockstar Games, and it'd still take 5 years to develop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveGambino357 said:
Friends, I'm not against anyone.
I'm just saying this because I'm a fan of rallying and gaming. But above all I go to see the rallies live and I know how they work, what machines are there and how everything happens.
I say this because I would like to find what I see in reality, in the game. Find a lot more rally simulation in games.
If it were up to me, in addition to the special stages, I would also put the transfer section ... making them become free-roaming gaming rallies.
Real simulation man

no worries, we're not against each other or anything, but you were wrong. that's all 🙂

if you want free roam, just go play Dakar 18....

I would rather play the fun parts of the rally game. the driving parts. I'm not into football, but I'd rather play FIFA than Football Manager.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

Quick market test: Thumbs up if you'd purchase this season pack.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 14
  • Disagree 1

Small personal suggestion that I would like to see in the next seasons:

Hyundai License: I20 R5 / I20 RX / Accent WRC (Alister Mc Rae)

PSA License: 206 WRC / Xsara WRC / 306 Maxi

License Seat: Ibiza RX / Cordoba WRC

Toyota License: CELICA Twin Cam Gr B / Corolla WRC

Skoda License: Fabia 3 RX / Octavia WRC

Subaru License: Impreza 97

Rally: Finland / Greece / Sanremo

RX Tour: Lydden Hill

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

On 6/21/2019 at 7:25 AM, Riggs said:

Quick market test: Thumbs up if you'd purchase this season pack.

totally awesome but I don't see them putting a brand-new location plus two well-loved locations all in one season. they're much more likely to eke out the most-demanded content slowly.

• Agree 1

No moddable DLC cars, No Buy.

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Up to 2000cc:

Peugeot 206 '01, Citroen Xsara '03, Seat Cordoba, Toyota Corolla.

1.6 Turbo 4wd:

VW Polo, Ford Fiesta, Mini J.Cooper, Citroen DS3, Hyundai i20.

Super 1600:

Renault Clio, Ford Puma, Fiat Punto, Citroen Saxo.

Kit car F2:

Peugeot 306 Maxi, Seat Ibiza, Renault Mègane Maxi, Citroen Xsara kit.

Group A:

Toyota Celica st185 (most iconic) or st205 from Dirt3..

H2 fwd:

Fiat Uno Turbo, Renault Clio Williams, Opel Astra GSi.

H2 Rwd:

Alfa Romeo GTV Turbodelta

Stage:

Finland, Greece, Kenya, Sanremo, Tour de Corse.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

Some more grass root cars and new rallys , s12b id happy pay for thaton it's own

Lancia 037 is awsome¡¡¡ It is a car that is quite docile to be rear-wheel drive, good work @PJTierney

I think many of us are expectant about the Kit Cars, we are waiting them¡¡¡ (306 Maxi, Xsara Kit Car, Maxi Megane...)

Don't disappoint us @PJTierney :classic_rolleyes:

• Agree 1

image.png

It's nice to have such passionate fans here, and I'm sure we'll try our best to keep you all entertained 😉 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

image.png

It's nice to have such passionate fans here, and I'm sure we'll try our best to keep you all entertained 😉 

Season 3 - Season 1337 contirmed! 😄

I would pay up to 40€ for another season pass 🙂

Yeah a Season Pass would be a good approach for those who want to pre-order it all. Sort of like the current Deluxe upgrade.

Right now I'm waiting for Wales, which will be here soon and then Finland. @PJTierney what are the odds of Finland in season 3? Also the odds of a summer Finland, instead of autumn 😉 ?

Yea summer Finland would be cool. But that's pretty easy to switch, as a simple mod did that in DR1

49 minutes ago, warpengage said:

Right now I'm waiting for Wales, which will be here soon and then Finland. @PJTierney what are the odds of Finland in season 3? Also the odds of a summer Finland, instead of autumn 😉 ?

The odds of me talking about anything after Season 2 are zero right now 😉 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, PJTierney said:

The odds of me talking about anything after Season 2 are zero right now 😉 

I thought as much :classic_biggrin:

In my very humble opinion, Rally Corsica and more/longer stages at each location are what I crave most!! And of course, more cars!! And if that's not enough, I do miss hill climbs.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, Riggs said:

Yeah a Season Pass would be a good approach for those who want to pre-order it all. Sort of like the current Deluxe upgrade.

16 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Season 3 - Season 1337 contirmed! 😄

I would pay up to 40€ for another season pass 🙂

super on board with all this.

a season 3+4 pass seems likely. I think it'd be like 20€ though... the deluxe upgrade was 34$ Canadian, and gave access to quite a few more goodies

If 20€ is enough to fund it, so be it. I wouldnt want it to be underfunded by practicing cheap prices and then meaning end of development. I would glady pay a few extra € for it, but that's me. I can't speak for everyone else.

• Agree 3

With the current way I would predict something like this for the next months:

Season3

1/2 remaining RX (for full official calendar)

1/2 remaining old rallies,  Finland or Greece

1 new Rally (Betting Mexico, since the flags are ingame)

Season 4

2/2 remaining RX

2/2 remaining Rally

New Rally, maybe Ireland or Japan

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

What really sucks is that Steam is taking a 30% cut from the revenue. Had I known this earlier, I would have purchased a key from Codemasters directly.

Suppose a Season Pass gets announced for 20€. If these are ordered from Steam, Codemasters only get 14€. It would be nice if we could purchase these keys elsewhere to reduce the gap, and then activate them on Steam.

Edited by Riggs
  • Sad 1