POLL | DiRT Rally 2.0 Season 3, 4 and more DLCs

POLL | DiRT Rally 2.0 Season 3, 4 and more DLCs  

285 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in having more seasons for DiRT Rally 2.0? Which ones?

• Season 3
    • Season 4
    • Season 5
    • To infinity and beyond

1 hour ago, Tranzitive said:

yes they were procedurally-generated stages but look at the videos for Spain and Aus in particular, a lot of sections are identical to what we have in the current game. this is not entirely bad as it actually shows they did a good job of doing procedural generation using sections from real-life tracks with Dirt 4. but it doesn't change the fact they've basically re-used the same stages and locations for DR2.0.

watching those videos now i think they did a great job with 'New England' in the current game as there are a lot more roadside assets and the general 'atmosphere' (for want of a better word) of the location is much much better in the current game compared to Dirt 4. but again, it's the same location and the general look is the same. it's basically 'Michigan remastered'.

don't get me wrong, remastered stages are good up to a point but i think with only 30% of the locations being brand new they're kind of pushing it a bit. 

ya, Australia and Spain look the same, and a lot of the assets are the same, but the actual roads and turns are different. the only one that is the same is the hairpin halfway through the 14km stage in Spain. I played Dirt 4 a ton, by the way, so I actually know what I'm talking about. I didn't just watch a couple of videos on YouTube.

in addition, calling New England basically a remaster of Michigan is ridiculous, considering how different they are, and how good the remasters of Monte Carlo, Germany and Sweden are, and how the WRC series basically does that with every damn game, adding or taking away only a location or two with each release!

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, ianism said:

ya, but what do you do for the community events, which swallow a huge portion of players' time? 

do they only use the "old" roads? or do they include the new ones too? I don't think it's as easy as with a different location.

That's easy. Currently there's D+ events, that reward more money and are sponsored, which are only available to Deluxe Edition players. These would include the new tracks as well, while the normal community events would still be open for everyone.

15 hours ago, ianism said:

ya, Australia and Spain look the same, and a lot of the assets are the same, but the actual roads and turns are different. the only one that is the same is the hairpin halfway through the 14km stage in Spain. I played Dirt 4 a ton, by the way, so I actually know what I'm talking about. I didn't just watch a couple of videos on YouTube.

in addition, calling New England basically a remaster of Michigan is ridiculous, considering how different they are, and how good the remasters of Monte Carlo, Germany and Sweden are, and how the WRC series basically does that with every damn game, adding or taking away only a location or two with each release!

i also played Dirt 4 a ton.

look mate you can defend it all you want but USA, Aus, and Spain are the exact same locations that were in the last game.

if CM added one new route to, for example, Australia, chopped it up into 6 different stages, reversed them to give 12 stages total, would you call that an entirely new location? of course not. but that's basically what you're doing here. 

go and watch the video of Spain again, the section at the start is almost identical to one section in DR2.0. and at 2:10 in the video, that exact same section is in DR2.0 as well. could pick out other examples too if i wanted.

and in Aus you can see in Dirt 4 they had the open sections next to farms, there's also the forested sections with the wall/cliff on one side and the drop off on the other. the section in the video i posted from 00:20 - 00:25 - as just one example - is the exact same section from one of the stages in DR2.0.

these are not new locations at all. neither is USA. like i said previously, remastered content is fine up to a point but if they continue to do more seasons i think they really need to include some entirely new content, like they did in the base game with Argentina, Poland, and New Zealand.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

The thing is, it's a totally different assembled route. And if we are to ask for new stages for the existing rallies, of course those will have to be paid as well so that logic doesn't really work. Assembling a stage takes quite a bit of time and people need to eat.

Edited by Riggs

2 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

look mate you can defend it all you want but USA, Aus, and Spain are the exact same locations that were in the last game.

if CM added one new route to, for example, Australia, chopped it up into 6 different stages, reversed them to give 12 stages total, would you call that an entirely new location? of course not. but that's basically what you're doing here. 

go and watch the video of Spain again, the section at the start is almost identical to one section in DR2.0. and at 2:10 in the video, that exact same section is in DR2.0 as well. could pick out other examples too if i wanted.

and in Aus you can see in Dirt 4 they had the open sections next to farms, there's also the forested sections with the wall/cliff on one side and the drop off on the other. the section in the video i posted from 00:20 - 00:25 - as just one example - is the exact same section from one of the stages in DR2.0.

these are not new locations at all. neither is USA. like i said previously, remastered content is fine up to a point but if they continue to do more seasons i think they really need to include some entirely new content, like they did in the base game with Argentina, Poland, and New Zealand.

But what's the problem of having the same locations if the stages are different? I wouldn't mind having just 3 or 4 locations if they had 20 plus different long stages each, with different road and weather conditions... I like to have different SS, and i'm not particulary focused on the name of the country they are being driven on, nor if the surroundings of the tracks are being reusable (or small portions of the roads)...

• Agree 2

@Tranzitive

the Dirt 4 ‘tiles’ were based on parts of real life stages, so I’m happy that in DR2 we get the actual stages they’re based on. For example, the Spanish ones are based on La Figuera real life stage, hence the same layout for the iconic El Molar hairpin in both.

If it’s a little easier for them seeing as they’ve made some of the assets already, so what? At least we get to play the actual stages this time. I don’t see why I would want them to find a less iconic stage to include just because their tile system from the previous game had some similar elements to the real one.

• Agree 2

Bring in Viladrau stage 🙂

Posted (edited)
On 7/14/2019 at 7:42 AM, Tranzitive said:

On 7/13/2019 at 11:21 AM, Tranzitive said:

ok so I watched the videos

Spain: the section at the start: the turns look kind of similar-ish if you squint, and if you ignore that there are barriers now and the environment looks all different. the bit at 2.10 i don't recognize at all. there are no sections between cliffs for that long in DR2, and neither are there any hairpins like that. actually, there's exactly one turn that's called as a hairpin in the Spanish stages in DR2 - it's the acute one halfway down the 14km stage - and it's in D4, but the turns it's attached to are different.

Australia: of course it's the same open sections and wooded bits with a drop on one side. it's based on the same real-world location. the actual turns aren't the same, that's my point.

so, nice try.

I'm done here.

Edited by ianism

Not sure if it was mentioned, but something I would love to see return to the series is staggered starts in the events.  Don't remember which Dirt had it 3 or 4 but it was a great addition to the game.

18 minutes ago, bluwaters said:

Not sure if it was mentioned, but something I would love to see return to the series is staggered starts in the events.  Don't remember which Dirt had it 3 or 4 but it was a great addition to the game.

like, in multiplayer you mean?

if yes, I'd like simultaneous starts on every stage, but everyone is ghosted, like in trackmania. that was quite fun in D3. never played online in D4...

The devs said it wasnt possible in this engine anymore. We could have staggered starts in the lobbies though. You'd only see people depart in the progress bar but that would work for spectating purposes in the eSports.

19 minutes ago, Riggs said:

The devs said it wasnt possible in this engine anymore. We could have staggered starts in the lobbies though. You'd only see people depart in the progress bar but that would work for spectating purposes in the eSports.

Yeah that sucks it isn't possible.  But in public lobbies would be awesome still to see.

25 minutes ago, ianism said:

like, in multiplayer you mean?

if yes, I'd like simultaneous starts on every stage, but everyone is ghosted, like in trackmania. that was quite fun in D3. never played online in D4...

Yes i meant in Multiplayer like they did in the past (Dirt 3 or 4)   Ghosting sucks!!!

DiRT 4 didnt have staggered starts btw. It was the same multiplayer mechanism we currently have in DR2 lobbies.

Rally Finland! Please announce it together with Greece! Also some new cars and we're all good and you guys can move on to design DR 3. 😀

• Like 6

On 7/17/2019 at 2:18 PM, Dealer92 said:

Rally Finland! Please announce it together with Greece! Also some new cars and we're all good and you guys can move on to design DR 3. 😀

Yes. And kit car please(Peugeot 306 maxi). 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, tjetfiat said:

Yes. And kit car please(Peugeot 306 maxi). 

Christina hinted heavily that kit cars would be coming, so I'm pretty damn confident we'll get at least 2: that 306, and the Almera, as in March someone made a FB post saying their Nissan F2 was going to be in game 🙂

Finland and Greece as well. why would you not remaster them if they're available and people are willing to pay you money for them?

4 hours ago, ianism said:

Christina hinted heavily that kit cars would be coming, so I'm pretty damn confident we'll get at least 2: that 306, and the Almera, as in March someone made a FB post saying their Nissan F2 was going to be in game 🙂

Finland and Greece as well. why would you not remaster them if they're available and people are willing to pay you money for them?

I hope that we will have kitcars and why not, and other cars. For the stages now i think that they will not put new stages so it's good to put Finland and Greece from the DR1. 

I do not think we will see more seasons. The problem is the disaster with Dirt 4 and immediately afterwards with Dirt Rally 2. That was really bad for Codemasters to put two titles in the sand.

They work on Dirt Rally 2 and it's not that bad, but there are still many construction sites.

Let's see how it is, with the current team Codemasters stays better with proven. They have always been good at arcade titles and they seem to be aiming for that with the new grid. If it's going to be okay, maybe they will save their reputation.

Then I hope they stay with what they really can, or bring back the old Dirt 1 team. But better is probably they leave it at arcade games. I always liked to play them.

Posted (edited)

Why stop at seasons?

...firstly, CM have a beautiful engine in graphics and physics. Why don't take the SCS Truck simulators route and build upon the current game to...let's say: "infinity"?

The tarmac handling is bogged down by the AI modeling, or they would be negatively affected by a change in that area, hence is not about the engine itself.
There are work around like developing an exclusive AI for tarmac or an all new AI with money from future "expansions", whatever these guys at CM find fit. (I am no programmer or dev)

Let's be honest. No one really wants a DiRT Rally 3/3.0. There is no FIA requiring a new game every year like F1 20XX titles, so why don't enrich the current DR2.0 instead?

Make expansions and I will happily buy it, day zero.
It will mean, design refinement on overall game, possible meaningful upgrades and most importantly retention of content, which was lackluster at release but enriched with the subsequent seasons.

If there are no licenses expiring, which is a major pain in the #ss for everyone. I'd say: go for it.

Edited by Czar90
typo
  • Like 2
  • Agree 7

18 hours ago, VaeliusNoctu said:

I do not think we will see more seasons. The problem is the disaster with Dirt 4 and immediately afterwards with Dirt Rally 2. That was really bad for Codemasters to put two titles in the sand.

this is almost definitely wrong. there are so many indications that they've planned 4 seasons of content I don't really understand why people think otherwise.

18 hours ago, VaeliusNoctu said:

Then I hope they stay with what they really can, or bring back the old Dirt 1 team. But better is probably they leave it at arcade games. I always liked to play them.

why do you assume it is such a big company that they have two different teams that work on their rally games? they only put Dirt games out every 2-3 years. it's not Forza (or NFS in the past)

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Quite simply because I read in the forum here or in Steam Forum that Dirt Rally 2 was not made by the Dirt Rally 1 team. Which does not surprise me. At all corners and ends you can see Dirt Rally 2 is more of a Dirt 4 successor than a Dirt Rally 1 successor.

But it makes no difference who did it, the same or another team. It does not reach the quality of its predecessor. Neither Dirt 4 the quality of Dirt 2 and 3 nor Dirt Rally 2 of Dirt Rally 1.

Edited by VaeliusNoctu
  • Confused 1
  • Disagree 4

Posted (edited)
On 7/22/2019 at 8:08 PM, VaeliusNoctu said:

Quite simply because I read in the forum here or in Steam Forum that Dirt Rally 2 was not made by the Dirt Rally 1 team. Which does not surprise me. At all corners and ends you can see Dirt Rally 2 is more of a Dirt 4 successor than a Dirt Rally 1 successor.

But it makes no difference who did it, the same or another team. It does not reach the quality of its predecessor. Neither Dirt 4 the quality of Dirt 2 and 3 nor Dirt Rally 2 of Dirt Rally 1.

Most of the team is actually the same. Paul Coleman might not have taken part a lot in it, but he sure had his finger in DR2 plans. Also, Ross Gowing, the current Senior Game Designer responsible for this game, worked in DR1 as well.

Don't forget Paul Coleman was the game designer behind DiRT4, among other people who worked in DR1. DR2 is a direct sequel to DR1, not just in branding but also in gameplay and core. You might say it looks like a D4 successor due to the engine updates (graphics, lighting and other stuff), but they simply took what D4 had best, it wasn't all bad.

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Xsara wrc, 206 wrc, focus 02/04, subaru 03, Kit car class with 306, Megane, Xsara, Clio S1600 class (rally and not rx)with Clio, 206, punto...

And Location :Tour de corse, San remo, more asphalt because there are lot of gravel location 

and more stage on location exemple : Monte carlo with stage "Saint bonnet le froid" -> 25km 

Posted (edited)

My Wishlist :                                        Suzuki SX4 WRC Rally 2008                                                                                                                                                                                     451557.jpg?itok=cH1cArIT                                         Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 8 WRC Rally 2005   Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 8 Rally 2005 wrc                                                                                        Peugeot 307 WRC Rally 2006              Podobny obraz                                                                  Seat Cordoba WRC rally 2000Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania Seat Cordoba Wrc Rally 2000                                                                Hyundai Accent Wrc Rally 2001Podobny obraz                                                                                                                                     Ford Fiesta R5 2019               Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania ford fiesta r5 2019 rally finland                                                        MG 3 R5Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania MG 3 WRC                                                                           Proton Iriz R5  Podobny obraz                                    Hyundai I20 R5Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania Hyundai i20 r5                      Lancia Ypslion R5Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania Lancia ypsilon wrc                                                             Nissan Micra R5Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania Nissan Micra R5                                                                             Nissan Pulsar Sunny GTI R Group AZnalezione obrazy dla zapytania Nissan Pulsar Sunny GTI R Group A                                                        Mazda 323 GTR Group APodobny obraz                                                                                        Saab 96 sport RallyPodobny obraz              Volvo P1800 Amazon RallyPodobny obraz             Peugeot 504RallyPodobny obraz                              Citroen BX4TC Group BZnalezione obrazy dla zapytania Citroen BX4TC Group B                                                    Mitsubishi Starion Group BZnalezione obrazy dla zapytania Mitsubishi Starion Group B                                                                       Ferrari 308 Group B Rwd Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania Ferrari 308 Group B                                   Mazda RX 7 Group B Rwd Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania Mazda RX 7 Group B Suzuki Swift S1600 Rallycross 2005Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania Suzuki Swift s1600 rallycross Citroen C2 S1600 Rallycross 2005Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania Citroen c2 s1600 Rallycross Peugeot 207 s1600 Rallycross 2007Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania Peugeot 207 s1600 rallycross                                  Ford fiesta s1600 Rallycross 2005Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania Ford Fiesta s1600 rallycross                                                   Seat Ibiza supercars Rallycross Podobny obraz                                                                         Kia Rio supercars Rallycross Gigi Galli  Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania Kia Rio Supercars Rallycross Gigi Galli                                                               Citroen DS 3 Supercars Rallycross Petter SolbergZnalezione obrazy dla zapytania Dirt Rally ds 3 rallycross solberg                                              Citroen AX GTI RallyZnalezione obrazy dla zapytania Citroen AX GTI RALLY                                                                                  Daihatsu Charade GTti rallyPodobny obraz                                                                                                                              Ford Fiesta RS Turbo RallyPodobny obraz                                                             Talbot Sunbeam Lotus RallyZnalezione obrazy dla zapytania Talbot sunbeam rally                                                         SAAB 99 Turbo RallyZnalezione obrazy dla zapytania SAAB 99 turbo rally                                                                                                   Renault 5 GT Turbo Rally  Podobny obraz                                                                Mercedes 450 SLC RallyZnalezione obrazy dla zapytania Mercedes 450 slc rally                                                                                       Alfa Romeo GTV6 Alfetta RallyZnalezione obrazy dla zapytania Alfa Romeo GTV6 rally                              Fiat 500 Abarth R2 Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania Fiat 500 abarth r2 rally                                                 Suzuki Baleno R2 Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania Suzuki Baleno R2 rally                           Nissan 240 RS Group B RWD Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania Nissan 240 RS Group B RWD                                             Seat Ibiza SXI RallyPodobny obraz                                        Citroen ZX Kit Car Rally                      Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania Citroen ZX Kit Car Rally                                                                                                                         Renault Megane MAXI kit Car Rally          Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania Renault Megane Maxi Rally p bugalski                                                                              New Rallies :                                                                East African Rally Safari KenyaZnalezione obrazy dla zapytania rally safari                                                                                                                                        Neste Oil Rally FinlandPodobny obraz                                                                                                                                                                    Marmaris Rally Turkey Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania rally turkey                                         Rally JordanZnalezione obrazy dla zapytania rally jordan                                                                                                                                                   Rally IrleandZnalezione obrazy dla zapytania rally ireland wrc                                                                                                                                                                        Rally BulgariaZnalezione obrazy dla zapytania rally bulgaria wrc                                                                                                                                                 Guanajuato Rally Mexico Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania Guanajuato rally mexico                                                                        Tour DE Corse Rally Corsica Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania Tour De Corse                                       Livieres :                                                            Ford Focus WRC 2007  BP Ford Abu Dhabi Mikko Hirvonen Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania Mikko Hirvonen 2007 rally monte carlo                                                                              Ford Fiesta R5 M Sport Ford 2014 Elfyn Evans    Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania 2014 elfyn evans                                                                            Citroen C3 R5 Citroen Total Sebastien Ogier 2019      Podobny obraz                          Lancia Stratos AlitaliaPodobny obraz                                                                                                                                    CO Drivers ;                                                      Finnish CO Driver Miikka Anttila Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania miikka anttila

Edited by AdrianKasprzyk
  • Confused 1