POLL | DiRT Rally 2.0 Season 3, 4 and more DLCs

POLL | DiRT Rally 2.0 Season 3, 4 and more DLCs  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in having more seasons for DiRT Rally 2.0? Which ones?

• Season 3
    • Season 4
    • Season 5
    • To infinity and beyond

Posted (edited)

Ok, so there has been a lot chatting around this subject for a long time, and it's time to make statistics work so everyone can know what we're dealing with here.

Season 3 is almost guaranteed, provided there's enough content hinted to fill that season. However, there's absolutely nothing about an hipothetical Season 4, and that's where we come in.

Would you buy a Season 4+ and what content would you like see from that season on? Post your suggestions and ideas, as there is A LOT left to add in this game.

Here are a few ideas:

- Super Special Stages for each rally, like in DiRT3 and previous titles. These are similar to RX circuits and provide a Head 2 Head experience (see here: https://youtu.be/ufNz_YQJ9fg )

- Two more long stages for each rally, to improve variety. That would make a total of 4 long stages per rally.

- New rallies, besides the missing DR1 ones. E.g: Portugal, Corsica, San Remo, Kenya, etc

- Early 2000s 2000cc car class fulfilled (Peugeot 206 WRC 2001, Citroen Xsara T4 WRC 2001, Ford Focus WRC 2001, Subaru Impreza WRC 2001, Subaru Impreza WRC 1997-2000, etc)

- Tarmac physics 2.0.

- Tyre features expanded, tweaked wear rates to make Medium and Hard compounds relevant.

- Better weather system, with the ability of providing different conditions during a stage like sometimes it happened in D4 (has to be the synced for everyone in multiplayer). 

- Improved spectator mode / photo mode.

- eSports every year, throughout an entire season like in real life.

Can't think of anything else right now, so fill this topic with your suggestions. Number 1, 2 and 3 is already a lot of work 😉 

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 4
  • Agree 11

Safe to say this will eventually help with Season 4 planning and/or beyond, since it shows wether or not there's interest in further purchases.

Posted (edited)

How is season 3 almost guaranteed? I'd love to see one but if sales are as bad as the seem I'm not sure we'll see anything else. 

Edited by Decks
  • Agree 1

As for me, I just hope for more new rallies. It is nice to see those from DR1 with new physics but I'd love to see something completely new made for DR 2.0. That would be next level for sure to see something unique and fresh. 

I have nothing against RX, as it is also official licenced game but I am more focused on Rally than Rallycross. 

We already have big variety of cars at the moment so for me it is not that much important as locations itself. They did a great job with the game, there is no doubt about that and I really hope for future Seasons like 3, 4 or even 5. 

For sure there will be further improvement with all the bugs and glitches so I think we have to be patient - I know it is not easy😅  And to be honest, I don't need any special liveries because I just like to use the "basic" liveries which are from real world.  

• Agree 5

20 minutes ago, Decks said:

How is season 3 almost garuenteed? I'd love to see one but if sales are as bad as the seem I'm not sure we'll see anything else. 

sales weren't great, but they've got a lot of player retention, which means that the number of people playing now isn't much lower than the week of release.

also they have recently been collecting audio for cars not in the game yet, and there is one more (the 2001 Impreza) which has been confirmed to us by cm to be on the way.

there's still the two remaining DR1 locations.

Posted (edited)

More Seasons?? No thanks. I pay 90€ for the game with the season pass...is enough

Free content please. Like Gt Sport.

PD: Season 2 is a Joke.

Edited by GottaEvil
  • Disagree 11

Season 3 would be enough imo then to start work on a nxt-gen DR for PS5 n X2

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

Season 3 would be enough imo then to start work on a nxt-gen DR for PS5 n X2

PS5 won't be released for at least a year, year and half, so i guess there's still room for S3 and S4 if they keep the same structure of Season 1 and 2... I sure hope so...

Edited by Opassac

Posted (edited)

It be good if Christina or someone from Codemasters could at least confirm at least another season, then at least we know. 

Edited by watzcoc
  • Agree 7

Decided to make a wish list for season 3, because why not 😛 I'm pretty biased towards RX as you might be able to tell so bring on the Disagrees 😉 

Season 3

• Hyundai i20 RX & Mini Cooper RX
  • COTA RX
  • Subaru Impreza 2001 & Abarth 124 R-GT
  • Rally Finland
  • Seat Ibiza RX & Ford Focus RS RX
  • South Africa RX
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

Give me Greece and Finland, and I'm done!
Oooook... DLC rally's locations are the same of DR1... but the "playability" is totally different... so much better in  DR2! I'd love to have ALL old tracks with the new game!

• Agree 6
  • Disagree 1

Season 3:

• Subaru Impreza 2001, Ford Focus 2001 (2000cc early)
  • Rally: Argolis, Greece
  • Peugeot 207 S1600 (RX S1600), Mini Cooper S (Classic RX)
  • Rallycross: Killarney Motor Racing Complex, South Africa
  • Nissan Sunny KitCar, Peugeot 306 Maxi (F2)
  • Rally: Jämsä, Finland

Season 4:

• Seat Ibiza RX, Xite Mini Cooper (WRX)
  • Rallycross: Lydden Hill, England
  • Seat Ibiza KitCar, Renault Megane KitCar (F2)
  • Rally: Guanajuato, Mexico
  • Hyundai i20 (R5), Peugeot 206 (2000cc early)
  • Rallycross: Circuit of the Americas, United States
  • Like 7
  • Agree 6

10 minutes ago, chukonu said:

Season 3:

Season 4:

I could totally see this. Perhaps with the exception of Mexico but who knows.

30 minutes ago, chukonu said:

Season 3:

Season 4:

Totally realistic list, but I don't understand, why nobody wants the VW Polo R WRC & Fiesta RS WRC for a 2010s class!?

I mean, the cars are pretty old right now, were in the first game...licensing can't be much harder since the first DR.

Yes, BigBen has the license for WRC, but we have the C4, wich is just 3 years older than the Polo R!?

• Agree 3

I'd definetely be more willing to pay for a season that would include improved, realistic tarmac handling, as that's the biggest gripe I have with the game right now (except for championship resets 😡). I'd also like to see certain classes, such as R5, to have their grip reduced as it's unrealisticaly high. As it stands, rFactor 2 costs the same as Season 1 DLC content, so with the limited ammount of cash that I have, it's a no brainer for someone, who prefers realistic handling, to spend it on rF2 instead of DR2 DLC. This would change if tarmac physics were to be improved though. I don't have any other wishes except for what has been mentioned already: more unique rally stages for each location, additional rally locations, with Finland as a No. 1, and a modern WRC car class, if it's a possibility. That's why I picked Season 4, as it seems to be doable in just 2 seasons.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

If we are to follow that order, then DiRT Rally 1 is cheaper than rFactor 2 and it's much better. I find R5 to lack grip actually, due to the lack of torque those engines produce. The 2000cc offer a lot more.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

I tried to make a account for this poll.

This is the best rally game I have so far without doubt, and this game deserve more positive reviews tbh, so I really hope a long term support from codemaster to make infinite season DLCs.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I wish me: Better weather effects
Fog and Dynamic Weather so within a stage the rain increases or decreases

rallys
Greece and Finland are not enough for me I want to drive in completely new countries.
Dirt Rally 2 is a very good example. There are countries where you have never ridden in a dirt game before: China, Morocco, Malaysia and Croatia.

I would like to have a jungle rally and a desert rally (safari) as further rallies

As further rallies I would be Mexico

Cars :

In Dirt Rally there are Official WRC Cars I wonder how they did it

I wish for more Seasons / DLCs

Toyota cars Corolla, Celicas
Peugot 206,307 a 207 would not be possible? in which class should he drive?

Maybe it would also be possible to bring more R2 and R5 vehicles into play?

And I want to Sponsoreb goals like from Dirt 4 that I find scary motivating and thus you would have sponsors on the black and white livieries
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I will say that I will certainly but any rally content that comes out in future, but probably will buy piecemeal if the ‘seasons’ are mixed with RX content.

As for what I hope to see, any additions to the R5 class would be great (e.g. Hyundai i20, Proton Iriz) and I’d love some more H2 RWDs (e.g. Lancia Stra... I mean Peugeot 504 or Datsun 160J). If we’re getting early 2000s cars then I’d prefer to see the Lancer Evo VI join those and an earlier one added in its place.

But most of all, I’ve been surprised by just how much I’ve enjoyed the RGT class and would love to see some additions to this, be it the Abarth 124 or new Cayman or some other semi-fictional ones like a BMW M4 or a Lotus Exige.

But most of all, I’d love to see Finland and Greece back. It’s a shame that we have 4 DR1 locations but Finland has not yet been one of them, as that’s those are the stages that we’re most let down by DR1’s floaty physics IMO. I’d take these before any ‘new’ stages.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

remember oliver bennett ( rallycross driver ) said mini cooper RX come in summer ( i no have the link but he said this before DR 2.0 released in februry or january  ) and the last update for season 2 finish in summer ,  ( mini cooper  is not in season 2 but is possible the mini cooper  come in season 3 )

I don't think anything else is coming to the game.

• Disagree 2

I think there is a possibility of us getting individual DLC's which are outside of seasons. I could totally see Bennets mini being one of those DLC's

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, KingOfCoins said:

I think there is a possibility of us getting individual DLC's which are outside of seasons. I could totally see Bennets mini being one of those DLC's

I could also see it being FLC to promote X-ite

Posted (edited)

Really want to see the GRX Taneco Hyundai i20 WRX to complete the set of the 2018 WRX cars line up. 

Impreza 99, impreza 01 and impreza 03. I think the community is desperate for these. 

Then Rally Finland, Greece and South Africa RX. 

Edited by Brenkidda
  • Agree 1