Finally a look at the new game. @Faya will you update the real steering wheels when you add the final car models into the game ?
Or does anyone know if they will do it?

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

They look pretty good all the gameplays but one thing that is bothering me a lot is also the Steering Wheels they look like the Marussia of 2014... At least the Renault uses the real steering wheel 

Edited by MasonicBike3

Im sure they will update it, this is how they showed the game last year as well and they updated it.

8 minutes ago, MasonicBike3 said:

They look pretty good all the gameplays but one thing that is bothering me a lot is also the Steering Wheels they look like the Marussia of 2014... At least the Renault uses the real steering wheel 

The sounds are also a bit weird go check mercedes onboard the mercedes sounds more like honda i hope these are not the final sounds 

• Agree 4

Yh the sounds, but there is one thing bothering me, how did 3 cars go next to each other in the corner in monaco just before the hairpin? Im hoping that they codies didnt make the tracks wider.

Oh, that rain...."I need a white visor, a white visor otherwise I can't see anything"

• Haha 1

Wow same cutscenes again. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

And what i often see White is to overexposed and the eyes are sometime white i hope they fix the lightning or we have a other Problem like dirt Rally 2.0

Überbeleichtet.png

Edited by G3tright1337
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)

There is definitely a difference in the engine sounds between the game and real life onboard. Also, the shining eyes remind me of this:

blade_runner_eyes_101218_46.jpg

Edited by CompLex1986
  • Agree 1

Aaand here we go again, the super disappointing, adrenaline stopper "after crash grey fade" is still here. I'M HATING THIS FEATURE WITH ALL MYSELF I SWEAR. LET US TRY TO RECOVER THE CAR FROM CONTACTS, NOT ALL CRASHES ARE TERMINAL, SOME COULD END WITH JUST A CROOKED TYRE. There are no excuses for this, no FOM, no sponsors involved.

Let us race P L E A S E.

D8D23942-0D74-403D-BF50-4CFD66C07062.jpeg

• Agree 4

And what that tire shine on the sides? It goes off on half of lap maybe

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, MrHawk said:

Aaand here we go again, the super disappointing, adrenaline stopper "after crash grey fade" is still here. I'M HATING THIS FEATURE WITH ALL MYSELF I SWEAR. LET US TRY TO RECOVER THE CAR FROM CONTACTS, NOT ALL CRASHES ARE TERMINAL, SOME COULD END WITH JUST A CROOKED TYRE. There are no excuses for this, no FOM, no sponsors involved.

Let us race P L E A S E.

agree with you kill the immersion when flashback are turned off this should be removed as well.

• Agree 2

On a positive note, the presentation of Monaco looks stunning.  Codies have done a nice job with that.  However the recycled character animations and commentary are utterly worthless.  They are so bad they diminish immersion.  Better to remove them altogether and let us use our imagination.  

Please just make sure the Safety-car works and have some sort of red flag system.  In Monaco especially.

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:59 AM, MrHawk said:

Let us race P L E A S E.

If you can save a car from a hit with the wall at 200km and not have a wrecked car, you are superman. The way these crashes unfold aren't unreasonable in my opinion

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 5:57 PM, Neomo said:

And what that tire shine on the sides? It goes off on half of lap maybe

Simple answer for the tyre shine, camber. Only the contact patch should be scrubbed, so they've got that part right. The outside if you have camber pointing in should be shiny, not scrubbed

• Disagree 2

On 5/17/2019 at 6:14 PM, kyrillos152 said:

The sounds are also a bit weird go check mercedes onboard the mercedes sounds more like honda i hope these are not the final sounds 

@issueskid

If this is the final audio mix, Mercedes is still missing its unique turbo whistle sound...

F1 2018 had a good baseline for the sound of the Mercedes engine, only thing missing back then was the unique turbo whistle sound itself, everything else for the Mercedes was pretty close to real life onboard footages.

Sadly F1 2019s Mercedes is off and not even close to the one we had in F1 2018 in my honest opinion, it sounds more like a Honda.

Hope they will fix it as soon as possible.

Ferrari sounds pretty neat this year and is a huge step forward, but in lower rpms the turbo whistle should be a bit more apparent imo.

Honda misses its unique off throttle growling sound this year, but is pretty close to real life in general.

Renault is a big surprise, it made a huge improvement since last year, but it's missing the high turbo whistle, or at least it is not as noticeable.

Undertray plank spark sound effects are too silent.

In cockpit mode a muffled filter would be a nice addition to replicate the sound that the drivers hear inside their helmet.

Offboard in spectator mode / replay / flashback the cars are too silent, but the offboard sound fidelity has been improved drastically since last year, that is a plus.

Still time to adjust and improve the rest, hope to hear a more lifelike representation til release.

4 hours ago, mceci1 said:

Simple answer for the tyre shine, camber. Only the contact patch should be scrubbed, so they've got that part right. The outside if you have camber pointing in should be shiny, not scrubbed

I never saw on tv that shine for five laps or more. After one lap its completely matte. On gameplay vids is still same on every video so i dont think its because of setup

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, mceci1 said:

If you can save a car from a hit with the wall at 200km and not have a wrecked car, you are superman. The way these crashes unfold aren't unreasonable in my opinion

The point is that this feature does not let you know what appens after a crash. If I hit a wall and I'm bouncing back to the track I want to see what happens, what if you are going to hit somebody and the action stops? It happened to me a lot of times, the game stops too fast. Killing the action like this it's just ridiculous. 

15 hours ago, MrHawk said:

The point is that this feature does not let you know what appens after a crash. If I hit a wall and I'm bouncing back to the track I want to see what happens, what if you are going to hit somebody and the action stops? It happened to me a lot of times, the game stops too fast. Killing the action like this it's just ridiculous. 

Actually this is a good point. It would be nice to see if your crash then causes someone close behind to crash and then cause a safety car.

The only issue I can see with this and the AI is that they are stupid enough to stay on their line and all behind just keep crashing into you a bit like them having no awareness of the safety car when it was trying to wait for the leader - they'd just crash into it rather than going around it. Also as there are no red flags (I assume) then what about Monaco or Baku or Singapore if you crash and lay blocking the track? 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, martbloke said:

Actually this is a good point. It would be nice to see if your crash then causes someone close behind to crash and then cause a safety car.

The only issue I can see with this and the AI is that they are stupid enough to stay on their line and all behind just keep crashing into you a bit like them having no awareness of the safety car when it was trying to wait for the leader - they'd just crash into it rather than going around it. Also as there are no red flags (I assume) then what about Monaco or Baku or Singapore if you crash and lay blocking the track? 

Agree, and red flag is another feature we need ASAP

• Agree 1

On 5/17/2019 at 11:59 PM, MrHawk said:

Let us race P L E A S E.

YES !!! Finally it's a topic. I hate it aswell! We don't want that sh** anymore Codemasters! Let us see how the driver jump out of the car.  Stop this black and white slowmotion after a crash. We don't like it anymore. 

3 hours ago, MrHawk said:

Agree, and red flag is another feature we need ASAP

YES !!! It's an official videogame with "all" regulations, but the red flag is missing again. Also the virtual safety car during Practice and Qualifying or lapped cars may pass the safety car in the race after a while. It's an official regulation to get the right order back for a restart. But it's not in the game again. Do they understand the rules? I dont think so … Cmon Codemasters...

• Thanks 1

Formula 2 Gameplay

its great to see we get the original drivers and no replacements.

• Agree 1

They have over done the rain affect this year, its a game we need to be able to see where people are, watch the France rain gameplay it's horrendous you cannot see anything.

Also Monaco tunnel in daylight has had its brightness increased so it goes more white when you exit due to brightness change, realistic but just wait until you hit the ai because you can't see them 

• Disagree 4