Thrustmaster Wheel + ERS/ fuel changes = help!

Posted (edited)

Hi guys. 

Just wondered how you manage to adjust ERS and Fuel during races? I have the Thrustmaster F1 wheel add on, and it's fiddly for me having to scroll up/ down the in game menu and use the rotation buttons to go up/ down the settings. 

Is there a device or anything that could help me? Is love to have extra buttons on my wheel specifically for changing ERS and Fuel rather than having to fiddle with the in game menu. 

Thanks in advance 🙂

Edited by DarkMarkXD

13 minutes ago, DarkMarkXD said:

Hi guys. 

Just wondered how you manage to adjust ERS and Fuel during races? I have the Thrustmaster F1 wheel add on, and it's fiddly for me having to scroll up/ down the in game menu and use the rotation buttons to go up/ down the settings. 

Is there a device or anything that could help me? Is love to have extra buttons on my wheel specifically for changing ERS and Fuel rather than having to fiddle with the in game menu. 

Thanks in advance 🙂

Would love to help, but its the same story for me, been struggling on my new T150 and its ruining my concentration. If you use auto gears I would probably change the menu/ers on the pedals. But hey this is just me.

I have t 150, I'm mapping the fuel button d- pad, ERS triangle and X

15 minutes ago, IvanoZ023 said:

I have t 150, I'm mapping the fuel button d- pad, ERS triangle and X

Ah, I suppose I don't use X and Triangle during the race. Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go 🙂

On 5/17/2019 at 10:09 PM, DarkMarkXD said:

Hi guys. 

Thanks in advance 🙂

Hey i have the same wheel. You can use the MFD shortcut in the F1 2018 game.

I have the left rotation button for fuel change (up is lower fuel) and the right rotation button for ERS changes (up is lower ERS)

This works good and much easier then going in your MFD everytime you want to change it.

See hereby my settings to use this in the Wheel Settings in the 2018 game.

Please let me know if this was helpful

20190519_023250.jpg

Posted (edited)

Here are my settings i use on the T150 / T300:

20190519_154627.jpg

20190519_154441.jpg

20190519_154350.jpg

Alternatively you can swap fuel mix increase / decrease with Voice Control and MFD, to get both fuel mix + ers mode all done with square / x / triangle / circle and not having to move your hands off the wheel quite that often.

Changing Camera Angles can be done in the main start menu and flashbacks are accessible this way as well, so there is no need to have them linked to any buttons on the wheel itself.

Brake Bias and Differential are changed with the Direction buttons up / down / left / right.

Those using Fanatec wheels have a huge advantage in regards of getting more buttons, switches and rotaries to play around with.

There are many ways to choose your layout, experiment a bit to find your sweet spot.

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error

Is there no way to add break and diff bias also ?

I am looking to get myself a t300 soon ..🤔

Posted (edited)

I have the same wheel and use the 2 roller wheels either side - I find I don't have enough buttons to map any to ERS or Fuel up/down. The right wheel does the up/down on dpad and the left does left/right. It takes practise but you can get the hang of it after a while to quickly access the MFD and navigate accordingly with them.

Edited by martbloke

The wheels are to slow for me so I set all ERS and fuel mapping’s to buttons. I’ll check tomorrow what is the exact mapping. 

54 minutes ago, martbloke said:

I have the same wheel and use the 2 roller wheels either side - I find I don't have enough buttons to map any to ERS or Fuel up/down. The right wheel does the up/down on dpad and the left does left/right. It takes practise but you can get the hang of it after a while to quickly access the MFD and navigate accordingly with them.

But it can be faster, by mapping ERS and Fuel on the dial wheels of the F1 Add on wheel. Did you try that with the MFD Shortcut settings in F1 game? See ones again at the pictures on my previous topic of 19 May.

That way you dont have to go tru the whole MFD display. Just scroll the dials up and down and it will instantly increase or decrease your ERS or Fuel.

11 minutes ago, GioProductions said:

But it can be faster, by mapping ERS and Fuel on the dial wheels of the F1 Add on wheel. Did you try that with the MFD Shortcut settings in F1 game? See ones again at the pictures on my previous topic of 19 May.

That way you dont have to go tru the whole MFD display. Just scroll the dials up and down and it will instantly increase or decrease your ERS or Fuel.

Yes but then you lose the control of selecting other options in the MFD as the dpad is only short cuts for fuel and ERS. 

With the MFD closed, if you press left/right or just scroll the left wheel once, the MFD automatically opens for you to increase/decrease fuel. Then I use either wheel to adjust fuel or a quick up scroll to ERS and adjust ERS. All this without losing functions of the dpad.

16 minutes ago, martbloke said:

Yes but then you lose the control of selecting other options in the MFD as the dpad is only short cuts for fuel and ERS. 

With the MFD closed, if you press left/right or just scroll the left wheel once, the MFD automatically opens for you to increase/decrease fuel. Then I use either wheel to adjust fuel or a quick up scroll to ERS and adjust ERS. All this without losing functions of the dpad.

Yes that is indeed the case. I understand you.

I only use Fuel and ERS during races and did map other buttons to scroll down and confirm if for example Jeff tell me to use another Pit strategy.

I wish i could turn the MFD permanently off, even with shortcuts. But the Fuel Telemetry data is not provided by the game unfortunately. So i need sometimes the MFD to see how much Fuel is left.

This is my wheel with the app 

20190520_120333.jpg

2 minutes ago, GioProductions said:

I only use Fuel and ERS during races and did map other buttons to scroll down and confirm if for example Jeff tell me to use another Pit strategy.

I wish i could turn the MFD permanently off, even with shortcuts. But the Fuel Telemetry data is not provided by the game unfortunately. So i need sometimes the MFD to see how much Fuel is left.

20190520_120333.jpg

Pretty cool!

2 minutes ago, martbloke said:

Pretty cool!

Thanks.

Too bad the Dials and the Dpads on the wheel have the same button mapping, otherwise i had enough buttons to map all buttons correct and the way i want

1 hour ago, GioProductions said:

Thanks.

Too bad the Dials and the Dpads on the wheel have the same button mapping, otherwise i had enough buttons to map all buttons correct and the way i want

Yep this is a Microsoft issue for Xbox. They don't allow more buttons to be mapped than are on a normal controller. Pretty ****!

Small tip for people who feel they haven't got enough buttons on the F1 rim for the ERS & fuel shortcuts; you can unbind the camera and instant replay buttons since you can easily change those from the pause menu as well.

You can also assign something to your clutch pedal (I have the engineer/commands on that ) and it will free enough buttons to map all shortcuts for ERS and fuel up/down with a button to spare for any other shortcut.

I originally was using the F1 add on, but ai honestly think the rotary dials are way to slow for ERS. I just switched to the new "Open wheel add on" (the PC Racer wheel) and the buttons are night and day better than the old F1 add ons buttons. 

Also, using a standard controller as a 2nd or "button box" has helped a ton to make more room on the wheels button layout. I have it velcro'd next to my wheel with the triggers/bumpers facing me so I can push them like a standard button. I have bias and diff on them.

12 hours ago, GioProductions said:

20190520_120333.jpg

What phone plus mount for the wheel? I’d love to have this!

47 minutes ago, Koekenbakker28 said:

What phone plus mount for the wheel? I’d love to have this!

I bought it online, especially for this F1 add on Wheel without need to adjust anything. I use a Samsung S4 but i would not recomment to use a bigger phone holder then the S4, because you will have trouble to access the Dials rotation buttons. If you sent me a PM i will sent you the info because i dont know if i can just post it here!?

Your name..are you also from The Netherlands? Groetjes

2 hours ago, Worntoathread said:

Small tip for people who feel they haven't got enough buttons on the F1 rim for the ERS & fuel shortcuts; you can unbind the camera and instant replay buttons since you can easily change those from the pause menu as well.

You can also assign something to your clutch pedal (I have the engineer/commands on that ) and it will free enough buttons to map all shortcuts for ERS and fuel up/down with a button to spare for any other shortcut.

That's very true. Was wondering about mapping the clutch, DRS and pit limiter on the same button. Will have to test how it feels. 

27 minutes ago, GioProductions said:

I bought it online, especially for this F1 add on Wheel without need to adjust anything. I use a Samsung S4 but i would not recomment to use a bigger phone holder then the S4, because you will have trouble to access the Dials rotation buttons. If you sent me a PM i will sent you the info because i dont know if i can just post it here!?

Your name..are you also from The Netherlands? Groetjes

I'd also be interested to know how you've done it if you don't mind. I have a Huawei phone but I'm sure I can adapt what you've done for it.