Sign in to follow this  

F1 2019 AI still not good enough

I have seen some gameplay footage and I have noticed that the AI is still not where it kinda is supposed to be for it to mimic real life driving to a certain, somewhat realistic degree. Below are two Youtube videos. One is F1 2019 gameplay footage of Paul Ricard of Aarava and the other is the race highlights of the 2018 real life race. The only thing you have to watch is the start of the race. Check the start of the replay footage of the game from 8:20 onwards and compare that to the start of the real life 2018 race. You'll notice how "train-y" the AI still is and how much the cars flail around in real life. I hope the AI is still being tweaked at this point in development.

Aarava gameplay footage:

The 2018 real life race highlights:

Motogp 19 trying neural ai so we will see maybe its the way for racing games

• Agree 1

Totally agree, the AI needs to be more alive and unpredictable, it's like they are driving on invisible rails. A thing that really bothers me is the totally lack of race start contacts / crashes between AI cars, since I'm playing F1 games (2016) I have NEVER seen a single DNF during race starts or a safety car after the first lap. It happens a lot of time in real life but in the game it won't happen. AI must be more dynamic. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, MrHawk said:

Totally agree, the AI needs to be more alive and unpredictable, it's like they are driving on invisible rails. A thing that really bothers me is the totally lack of race start contacts / crashes between AI cars, since I'm playing F1 games (2016) I have NEVER seen a single DNF during race starts or a safety car after the first lap. It happens a lot of time in real life but in the game it won't happen. AI must be more dynamic. 

I absolutely agree. Below are the onboards of the Singapore 2017 start crash. It would be so cool and exciting to be in the position of Hulkenberg (1:45 onwards).

• Agree 1