Dirt Rally 2.0 is blurred on consoles of lower power, It must be solved !!!

I'm on standard Xbox too and although sometimes the graphics a little bit blurry and a couple textures are low-res the game looks fine and thiese minor issues doesnt ruin playability. 

Frame rates are okay, contol of the car is continuous, no micro-freezes.

It's better this way than having crystal sharp graphics, but with more stuttering and sluggish car controll. The good old 'box can't handle more.

We have to accept that the standard Xbox One is an old hardware and not the primary platform for newer releases.

5 hours ago, Thierry97 said:

instead of continuing to criticize. ps4 has been resolved while xbox is still identical and is absurd as a thing, a game of 2019 cannot be seen so point.:classic_angry:

85/5000

and in any case the x is the console that is best seen and the year optimized only for that.

PS4 Pro was fixed rather than PS4 

1 hour ago, cafe5150 said:

Je suis aussi sur Xbox One et je n’ai pas ce sentiment flou ou très léger. Je pense que depuis la sortie du jeu, les graphismes ont été grandement améliorés et cela ne m’empêche pas de boire beaucoup de terre. 2.0, le The La seule chose qui est mauvaise sur une scène en Argentine est un endroit où il rame. Le jeu n’est pas parfait, mais je remercie codies pour les efforts qu’ils déploient et un autre grand merci d’avoir ajouté du pays de galles au dlc!

Thanks i was to lazy to write in english and i didn t read after to correct my sentence 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thierry97 said:

I tried 4k on my TV does not change anything, and the xbox is not updated!  It's an absurd thing I swear!:classic_mellow:

You know, if every game you have on Xbox was blurry then it's a problem. But if it's just DR2.0 then it's the game itself. You said that Dirt 4 was ok. It's the game....for you personally. I've said before, I have no problem with the game's graphics. And how many others on here think the same? Of course Xbox One X is better as the replays on youtube show, but standard Xbox is not the poor relation you have it painted. The way you describe it is as if it's comparible to Xbox 360.

Posted (edited)

You are the one who keeps saying that the monitor but you have not yet understood that it is the game:classic_sleep:the biggest problem is the 4k if you watch that video on the other page.

Edited by Thierry97

5 hours ago, Thierry97 said:

You are the one who keeps saying that the monitor but you have not yet understood that it is the game:classic_sleep:the biggest problem is the 4k if you watch that video on the other page.

Again, viewing ANYTHING on a 4k TV that is running at 1080p or less is not going to look good

Now please, stop

• Agree 2

Sounds like it's yourtv dude. It might be trying to scale the picture thus the blurryness. Especially if it's a big tv. 

Posted (edited)

I have a Vanilla ps4 and Samsung 8 series uhd TV, and I have no problem with blurry images. The only thing thats a bit anoying, is some of the dark parts, being pitch black.

Otherwise, I think the graphic is great. I had to do some major adjustments on the TV setting first, but as I read and learned. My tv setting where all wrong for gaming in the first place.

And as a bonus, all my other games now also looks so much more crisp and clean.

On a sidenote. Tried to play bouth v-rally4, and wrc7 again, just for fun, the other day.

And boy those where some unstable, twitchy, choppy games.  Not even close to dirt rally 2.0 feeling, when racing

So imo dirt rally 2.0 is the superior game by far! And I hate to see it disapear due to hate from people, that might struggle with HW problems, and not the game itself.

Edited by Grimstreaker999
  • Agree 2

57 minutes ago, Grimstreaker999 said:

I have a Vanilla ps4 and Samsung 8 series uhd TV, and I have no problem with blurry images. The only thing thats a bit anoying, is some of the dark parts, being pitch black. 

Same here, you have to mess with the in-game brightness setting individually for different rallies. I put my brightness on 160 for New Zealand, 0 for Sweden, 130 for Monte Carlo...

The game has nothing to do with TV.  I tried with several TVs in 4k nothing to do.:classic_mellow:

When they arrange this cabbage of graphics on consoles of lesser power ???? Absurd:classic_angry:

• Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2019 at 9:08 PM, SkiddyMcCrash said:

@Thierry97

Read this.

https://www.cnet.com/news/can-4k-tvs-make-1080p-look-better/

tldr = It all depends on the tv scaler.

Cheap 4k tv = Cheap Scaler = Blurry Graphics.

Expensive 4k tv = Expensive Scaler = Slightly Better Graphics (Maybe)

you clearly did not read it.

ps. xbox one s has lowest power of any of the consoles. of course it will look bad

va-t'en! 

Edited by ianism

20 hours ago, Thierry97 said:

When they arrange this cabbage of graphics on consoles of lesser power ???? Absurd:classic_angry:

Unfortunately there are only a small amount of us who complains about this. Besides, they are focusing on the FFB and minor bug-fixes.

The game failed at sales, so it's clear that most of the team working on another project. Let's be realistic, they won't be fixing it. 

Just switch to DR 1.0 or WRC 7 as I did. 👺

And this is just another lesson not to buy games at release and read reviews at first. 👺

19 hours ago, ianism said:

you clearly did not read it.

ps. xbox one s has lowest power of any of the consoles. of course it will look bad

va-t'en! 

cd2bf91a60ca75ed1ed0ce72bf22731a.jpg

1080p TV, still blurry, still screen tearing.

Lowest power, but dirt rally 1.0 looks like 2.0 compared to dirt rally 2.0.

Lowest power, but Forza Horizon 4 has mind-blowing graphics and performance.

Just go away, "expert".

• Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dementiy said:

Unfortunately there are only a small amount of us who complains about this. Besides, they are focusing on the FFB and minor bug-fixes.

The game failed at sales, so it's clear that most of the team working on another project. Let's be realistic, they won't be fixing it. 

Just switch to DR 1.0 or WRC 7 as I did. 👺

And this is just another lesson not to buy games at release and read reviews at first. 👺

cd2bf91a60ca75ed1ed0ce72bf22731a.jpg

1080p TV, still blurry, still screen tearing.

Lowest power, but dirt rally 1.0 looks like 2.0 compared to dirt rally 2.0.

Lowest power, but Forza Horizon 4 has mind-blowing graphics and performance.

Just go away, "expert".

"Lowest power, but dirt rally 1.0 looks like 2.0 compared to dirt rally 2.0."

Dirt Rally 1 has a lot worse shadow and lightning system than 2.0. Everything looks unnatural and bleak. Grass on the terrain is also a lot better with 2.0. Because of these resource intensive stuffs, DR2.0 had to compromise on the resolution on low powered consoles.

"Lowest power, but Forza Horizon 4 has mind-blowing graphics and performance."

Forza Horzion 4 is PC and Xbox only game from a first party developer with much more money, time and special support for research and optimization from Microsoft. Codemasters hasn't got any special treatment developing their games and has to do a Playstation 4 version also.

Think about this before you go "just go away, expert" on somebody, who know what he's talking about.

Edited by Lollerke
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Lollerke said:

Forza Horzion 4 is PC and Xbox only game from a first party developer with much more money, time and special support for research and optimization from Microsoft. Codemasters hasn't got any special treatment developing their games and has to do a Playstation 4 version also.

So now this is a problem of a small studio, like codemasters?) Not hardware?)) :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, Lollerke said:

Dirt Rally 1 has a lot worse shadow and lightning system than 2.0. Everything looks unnatural and bleak. Grass on the terrain is also a lot better with 2.0. Because of these resource intensive stuffs, DR2.0 had to compromise on the resolution on low powered consoles.

And now it is a problem of hardware again. Fanboys are so funny. :classic_biggrin:

Another "expert" in the thread. Go away too. 

1 hour ago, Dementiy said:

So now this is a problem of a small studio, like codemasters?) Not hardware?)) :classic_biggrin:

And now it is a problem of hardware again. Fanboys are so funny. :classic_biggrin:

Another "expert" in the thread. Go away too. 

it's the combination of the two. it's unbelievable how difficult it is to explain things to people who only seem to want to be angry and unsatisfied

22 minutes ago, ianism said:

it's the combination of the two. it's unbelievable how difficult it is to explain things to people who only seem to want to be angry and unsatisfied

Now it's a combination, ok.

But FH4 / Driveclub still trying to show and to explain that it's not the hardware problem. :classic_biggrin:

2684773-1372060187-10631.jpge726b8_b0e0fe8ede144075a6d6208e70dd1f48.18448893.jpg

May as well weigh in here.

• DiRT Rally 2.0 is designed to run at 60fps on console when driving (replays are 30fps).
    The driving experience is the most important part of the game and ensuring that is as smooth as possible is the game's priority.

• In order to achieve this the base consoles use dynamic resolution scaling (other games do this too), as they cannot always reliably hit 1080p/60fps while running DiRT Rally 2.0.

• Sometimes in more complicated scenarios (like when there are lots of effects or complicated objects on the screen) this means the resolution will decrease in order to retain the framerate.

• A 1080p/30fps option is not available as the performance of some physics elements are tied to the framerate, and locking that to 30 would cause additional issues.

• As this is a core part of how the game functions, I would not expect an update to be made to this in the future.

@Dementiy, the games you referred to above both run at 30fps on base-level hardware (Forza Horizon 4 only runs above 30fps on Xbox One X and Windows 10).

The bump up to 60fps provides a smoother experience but that comes at a cost as twice as much data needs to run through the console.

With racing games on base-level hardware a choice often has to be made, higher resolution or smoother performance. Smoother performance was chosen as above all else, it's the driving that matters. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2