Pacenote editor

It would be great if we could alter the pacenotes. Because my opinion of a 5 left is different to someone else's. And the ability to add a caution leading into a corner that for some reason stuff up every time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

Yes more optionality in this game would be great. This needs a good software-architectur.

If I experienced right, all cars have the same pacenotes. I think adapted to the 2000's.
With a Group B car all pacenotes have to be interpreted with caution.

Greetings.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Phileb77 said:

It would be great if we could alter the pacenotes. Because my opinion of a 5 left is different to someone else's. And the ability to add a caution leading into a corner that for some reason stuff up every time.

The fact that your opinion of 5 is different to somebody else's doesn't mean that there should be a pace note editor. You can just get used to a different opinion of 5, as long as it's used consistently. But this is not the case in this game. In many corners call outs are not consistent. In other words they are wrong. If there were no mistakes in the pace notes editor wouldn't be necessary.

6 hours ago, MBastieK said:

If I experienced right, all cars have the same pacenotes. I think adapted to the 2000's.
With a Group B car all pacenotes have to be interpreted with caution.

No, that would be just stupid and unnecessary work. All you have to do is realise that your car is going faster and adjust your speed accordingly. Pace notes have to be consistent, regardless of your speed.

There already is a Pace note editor. See RaceDepartment in Dirt Rally 1 mods and search for Dirty Pace Notes. Works with DR1&2 and Dirt 4.

On 7/21/2019 at 10:50 PM, LibranRabbit said:

There already is a Pace note editor. See RaceDepartment in Dirt Rally 1 mods and search for Dirty Pace Notes. Works with DR1&2 and Dirt 4.

Someone who already used it should share a new pacenote file for a DR 2.0 stage
I don't understand how to use it, just would be awesome to share witheach other better pacenotes

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RallyLover19 said:

Someone who already used it should share a new pacenote file for a DR 2.0 stage
I don't understand how to use it, just would be awesome to share witheach other better pacenotes

There is a YouTube video...

9 hours ago, LibranRabbit said:

There is a YouTube video...

i have same problem, many caution calls missing on DR 2.0  wrong times or wrong corner identification in spanish. i try to use DIRTY pacenote editor, but spanish co-driver Marti doen´t work even in english when i open it DR 2.0 crash.

thanks in advance everybody and sorry for my english.

17 hours ago, hermanyakes said:

i have same problem, many caution calls missing on DR 2.0  wrong times or wrong corner identification in spanish. i try to use DIRTY pacenote editor, but spanish co-driver Marti doen´t work even in english when i open it DR 2.0 crash.

same problem with french co-driver the pace note is bad too

On 5/19/2019 at 8:21 AM, Phileb77 said:

Then your idea of a 5 left is wrong, the pacenotes are chosen based on a pre defined system known as the 1-6 system which is used by many pro rally drivers.

http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/04/co-driver-calls-explained/

On 7/26/2019 at 6:08 AM, gk9147 said:

it's mean that´s a game issue, hope Codemasters fix for future.

the only way to finish fastest stages as Poland in a reasonable time without huge damages, is memorize whole stages. a really  pity, the game is fantastic if you found an acceptable wheel configuration.

• Agree 1

On 7/26/2019 at 6:26 PM, SkiddyMcCrash said:

Then your idea of a 5 left is wrong, the pacenotes are chosen based on a pre defined system known as the 1-6 system which is used by many pro rally drivers.

Feel like I'm obliged to correct you here, it's a framework most rally drivers use, but as with most frameworks the interpretation of it can vary from person to person. It's very possible for someone's L4 to be another's L5. On top of that, some drivers rather have a higher or lower number being called due to their driving style, which varies the notes inbetween drivers even more. 🙂

Posted (edited)
On 7/27/2019 at 2:26 AM, SkiddyMcCrash said:

Thanks for your kind words. 

So based off this system, an angle doesn't change no matter the direction taken.

Correct! Well at least I hope we agree on that.

So there is a corner on Jozefin/Kopina that is a 5 in one direction and a 3 in the other.

I'm trying to help the system to be consistent 

Cheers Phil 

949186225_preview_right.jpg

20190803_165333.png

20190803_165239.png

Edited by Phileb77
Intergalactic mice

Posted (edited)

Yeah a Pacenote Editor (really a recce mode even) would be an amazing improvement to the Dirt Rally series.  The user made Dirty Pacenote  app can work, but it's a LOT of work to import the samples/calls you need and then to mark out every stage and corner.  if it was in the game, you could edit the pre made notes and make 2-5 corrections for a stage instead of redoing the whole thing (if you wanted).

Edited by bn880
  • Agree 2

14 hours ago, Phileb77 said:

So based off this system, an angle doesn't change no matter the direction taken.

Correct! Well at least I hope we agree on that.

So there is a corner on Jozefin/Kopina that is a 5 in one direction and a 3 in the other.

Firstly, sorry for my first reply, it wasn't meant the way it was taken, my apologies.

Secondly, while a 5 left and 5 right will have the same angle of turn your assumption about a 5 left being the same as a 5 right on a reversed corner is incorrect. The corner may be reversed but the entry point for the corner in one direction isn't necessarily the exit point for the other direction, meaning a different angle on the steering wheel.

On 8/4/2019 at 7:34 AM, SkiddyMcCrash said:

Firstly, sorry for my first reply, it wasn't meant the way it was taken, my apologies.

Secondly, while a 5 left and 5 right will have the same angle of turn your assumption about a 5 left being the same as a 5 right on a reversed corner is incorrect. The corner may be reversed but the entry point for the corner in one direction isn't necessarily the exit point for the other direction, meaning a different angle on the steering wheel.

Thanks for your reply.

So I'm on Xbox and the way I got around my perseption of these corners.

Was to watch the replay, and memorize the corner/s before I made repeated mistakes.

The results of doing this are below in my weekly (22/7/19) from Poland. 

I hope this helps someone else who is finding ways to improve their times/experience

My suggestion was to give the choice to the driver like in the real world

Cheers Phil 

22-07-2019_4-29-51_PM-kvoemghz.png

• Like 1