Tyre Replacements Disappearing is a Major, Game Breaking Bug Since 1.41

Posted (edited)

Posting this here just in case it's missed in the bug thread.

Not sure how these new bugs creep in after updates, but anyhow.

If others can please confirm: Quitting a championship to go to the main menu, then returning to the championship, results in tyre set changes disappearing. So you may have had 3 replacements up your sleeve - you will have only one. It's a game-breaker. It needs an urgent fix. (unless it's only me and the other poster who mentioned it in the bug thread).

Edited by Jake Cushing
  • Agree 1

I am having the same issue.  I am also seeing that quitting the championship and returning is also setting the tire wear to 'worn' regardless of what they were prior.  I also agree that these feels game breaking since I generally am not going to take all the stages in one sitting.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Can this be acknowledged by Codies?

It's happened again. Leaving a championship (playing a different game or quitting to the main menu) and returning to it, sees tire replacement sets disappear. 2 replacements sets will become one. So I was forced to race the final two stages on already worn tires.

Only since the last update.

For heaven's sakes, this is a shocker of a bug. What gives??!

Edit: Ok this is weird. It seems to fix itself sometimes, by exiting the game and then returning. The final tire set just now changed from 'worn' to 'new'. Could be an issue just of the notification in the service area, when the tires are actually new but being called 'worn' after changing. I don't know.

Edited by Jake Cushing
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Yep, I noticed this as well in the dailies. Can't replace tyres after the update. 

Edit: Not sure if you're talking about the same issue. I just noticed in the dailies that It doesn't let me change the tyre anymore after getting a puncture. 

Edited by richie

Posted (edited)

It goes both ways it seems?

Yesterday I forgot to replace the tires at the second service in an elite championship, so I quit back to the menu at the starting line and loaded it up again, and there were automatically fresh tires on (or rather the wear and tear was reset on the old tires) with 3/4 changes left still...

Edited by pyide