F1 2019 using same animations since 2015. Why?

F1 2015, F1 2016, F1 2017, F1 2018 and now F1 2019. Same presentation on track with same animations. Really? Oh boy... I can't stand looking to the same body movements, same camera angles, same clerk's faces, same presentation overall.

All those scenes on track makes sense on F1 2015, when the focus were the real F1 drivers and teams, but it does not fit on the newer games with focus on career mode.

Using the same animations and on track presentation since F1 2015 give the new game an old face. Players who played F1 2018 or any other F1 game from 2015 will just skip those scenes. Why not make a fresh new on track presentation? 

• Agree 4

That is a very interesting question you raise.

Could it possibly be, because the sales have not dropped but increased steadily, rendering any extra effort put into the game futile, to the point that the highly questionable practice of copy & paste, as with annual sportsgames do on a wide range of genres, has become the standard at CM as well?

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Because of two years of dev. for same cut scenes, almost same handling and ffb, and THREE!! F2 events 

Hi guys,

I understand the frustration with this and myself, it is quite disappointing that we have the same pre-race cutscenes from F1 2015, but they have added new podium celebrations ( that will eventually become stale as they are the same ) and new pre-race cinematic. I feel as though their time is better spent on the F2 cutscenes in the career mode, yes, it would be nice to get some new cutscenes but I think their focus is more on the 'important' aspects of the game.

Same as the HUD, it isn't broken, so why try and fix it? What they have added in this year is great, and improves it by making it clearer but again, there is huge discussion but personally I feel it is perfect the way it is. 

Hopefully CM will add new cutscenes in the future though. :classic_biggrin:

I find this pretty trivial, sure it'll be nice to have new animations but tbh it's just not worth the dev time and effort, again, it would be nice but there are other areas in the game that I think is more important, the game already has a short development cycle...Especially this year. 

If we're going to get new animations I'm pretty sure we'll have to wait till next gen consoles. 

Most people skip the cut scenes after they've seen them once or twice. An occasional update would be nice, but I can see why it's a long way down their priority list.

All those pre-events (practice, qualify and race) cut scenes should prepare the player for immersion and give that feeling of being part of F1. Those are the same feelings that a player seek when play the career mode. I don't think it should be considered so secondary for a game that are heavily promoted by its very distinct career mode (Create your own legend, Born to make history, Make headlines, Rise up against your rivals). I think Codemasters should put more attention to tiny details that make a huge difference, like all those pre-events cut scenes. The way that they are now (same from 2015, with some improvements) they doesn't feel like they fit in all that atmosphere the game try to build. 

Indeed Codemasters put a lot of effort into driving, physics and so on. The 2018's driving feels really great. But F1 is much more than just driving (just watch Netflix Drive to Survive) and Codemasters is trying to reach that "much more" with career mode, however it needs attention to details in order to keep players feel they are part of F1. 

I could bring Gran Turismo Sport to this discussion as an example of a great driving game, but shallow. There are a lot of car history details, but its presentation seems that is not part of the game. In the end, Gran Turismo Sport is just drive and noting else. 

• Agree 2

Speaking of animations not changed little nit pick for me is the brake bias change, 

Its still the manual change by the driver leg animation when it hasn't been like that since 2013 in real life i think, brake bias is changed on the steering wheel, only minor but it's the details 

• Agree 1

Like every year, we have new animations shown by the footage we have in YouTube. Some new podium animations, and most years we have had huge amounts of new animations for the career mode.