mirror in cockpit view of f1 2019, AGAIN?!

27 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

No problem as long as the option is there for those who do want it enabled. 

You do realise that people don't want the virtual mirror to have an "advantage" but just to have some more awareness and to avoid collisions right?.. Its purpose is to actually see the mirrors, like drivers do in real life. You know, they dont view their cockpit though a small box or screen like we do and can actually see the mirrors around them without pressing buttons, all without losing sight of what's in front of them. 

Yes i have my drivers licene so aware of the difference between reality and a video game, and understand why some request such features, but also aware of how some use them to thier advantage, thats what assits / visual aids  which are assits are designed to, make the game easyier,

You say they want a virtual mirror for awerness not a advantage, but in reality its a advantage is what it gives them,
Proximinty arrows where introduced to help with awerness, however online is still carnage, also they give them a advantage,

Codemasters have all the answers at thier fingers tips, add all assits / visual aids which are assits, but also add a option to the host to force them off everyone is happy, depending on lobby settings the host just accepts the lobby will be less popular,
Host can already force of ABS-TCS-Racing Line etc, why not for proximinty arrows / force cockpit etc which are assits,

The best way to solve this is to be able to map looking left and right together with a degree angle, so depending on your FOV you can choose how far you want to look left. Also it should be gradual, not instant. This way you don’t lose your sense of direction and can use the mirror. 

Simple fix really, since look to apex is already implemented. They just need to map it to buttons 🙂

Posted (edited)

Has anyone ever seen any comment from the devs regarding virtual mirror in cockpit cam for the last couple of years?

They look like they've done some amazing work again this year to make F1 2019 the best ever, but I've been so frustrated the last three years that they won't allow virtual mirror.

Is it because the FPS is compromised too much with it? What is the reason? 

I think I would be able to get over the issue more if there was actually a reason behind it that I could understand.

I want to try and love this game, but I will lose immersion once again by having to look behind me with a button or using the proximity arrows.

I know it's not a game-breaker, but it's so frustrating (yes, I'm one of those pathetic "sim racer" types).

On 6/6/2019 at 7:14 AM, dshepsman said:

I dont get what the issue is here. I always race in cockpit view, and yes by default you cant see the mirrors. So what do I do? I move the camera forward/back until I can see the mirrors. Sometimes its a bit of a compromise, but it works....

is this really so much of a hardship?

The issue is that when you increase the field of view to see the real mirrors, the field of view is incorrect to what it should be. I play iRacing and Assetto Corsa Competizione at the moment with realistic field of view, but in F1 you're just too far back that it looks unrealistic. Yes, it's a compromise, but then you have to spend 15-30 minutes adjusting to F1's borked field of view. Then, when I want to go back and play iRacing and ACC, I have to spend another 15-30 minutes getting my eyes used to a realistic FOV. Same applies to when I used to play Project Cars 2, Race Room, Assetto Corsa and rFactor 2. Having a virtual mirror was so great and I yearn for it in F1. Why is the F1 series one of the only sim/simcades that don't have it? There surely must be a good reason. 

It's not a hardship, I fully agree. It's just frustrating that something which appears (from afar) to be simple to implement, doesn't get added.

The silence from the devs is a bit irritating as well. If they just came out and said "the FPS suffers too much with virtual mirror", or "F1 won't allow us to add an unrealistic virtual mirror" or whatever it is, it would be nice to actually appreciate why they won't add it.

Edited by BrakeCheck101
  • Agree 5

47 minutes ago, BrakeCheck101 said:

Has anyone ever seen any comment from the devs regarding virtual mirror in cockpit cam for the last couple of years?

They said, when the HALO was introduced, that they'd considered having a virtual mirror in the game... but ultimately decided against it because, get this, they thought it looked ugly.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Bankai3987 said:

They said, when the HALO was introduced, that they'd considered having a virtual mirror in the game... but ultimately decided against it because, get this, they thought it looked ugly.

:classic_blink: Ugly?! Jeez, what a weird reason.

If they think it's ugly, it would at least be nice to have the option to have an ugly cockpit or not 🤣

Oh well. Weird excuse, but it's nice to have some clarification, I guess.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

@AScott the reason i would like virtual mirrors or even an option to move the car mirrors closer to the inside is because i use a G25, all buttons are already in use.
Proximity arrows help a little bit, but a lot of time its just a gamble trying not to hit someone with them.

Visible mirrors would help a lot with this!
It would not get rid of all carnage, because people make mistakes.

You say it will give them an advantage, but i do not see how it gives them an advantige compare to someone that can use the mirrors (either by using TrackIR or 3 screen setup).
I think vissible mirrors will help with clean racing.

Virtual mirrors have been requested for years now, why are they still not in there?
Most racing sims have virtual mirrors, because it results in cleaner racing, without accidently blocking someone because you dont know where they are exactly.

Edited by xeranpro
buggy site
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, BrakeCheck101 said:

:classic_blink: Ugly?! Jeez, what a weird reason.

If they think it's ugly, it would at least be nice to have the option to have an ugly cockpit or not 🤣

Oh well. Weird excuse, but it's nice to have some clarification, I guess.

Yeah it's an utterly bullsh*t excuse... but it is what it is I suppose.

3 hours ago, xeranpro said:

@AScott the reason i would like virtual mirrors or even an option to move the car mirrors closer to the inside is because i use a G25, all buttons are already in use.
Proximity arrows help a little bit, but a lot of time its just a gamble trying not to hit someone with them.

Visible mirrors would help a lot with this!
It would not get rid of all carnage, because people make mistakes.

You say it will give them an advantage, but i do not see how it gives them an advantige compare to someone that can use the mirrors (either by using TrackIR or 3 screen setup).
I think vissible mirrors will help with clean racing.

Virtual mirrors have been requested for years now, why are they still not in there?
Most racing sims have virtual mirrors, because it results in cleaner racing, without accidently blocking someone because you dont know where they are exactly.

Don't pay attention to AScott... the individual seems to not understand that being able to see what's happening behind/around you, whether using the actual mirrors or a virtual one, is actually NOT an assist or advantage.

Nor do they get that flicking the view around can be jarring for some of us... and mapping the buttons for it is also not possible for some of us.

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Codemasters could we have a beginners guide to controller setup please, the Forza Noobs seem to be struggling, I can only guess that Forza games just have stop and go buttons avaible.

Please dont use such words as throttle or brake, itll only confuse them further. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Posted (edited)

@Bankai3987 @UP100 @martbloke @Worntoathread @Koekenbakker28 @xeranpro Click on your username top left screen, Settings - Ignore Users, simple add the person's name, that your urge is to great to ignore slapping a inappropriate emotion to, in the box.

Your Welcome. Anything else you's need help with, DONT ASK.

Edited by AScott
F1 TV Poop Noobs Spreading the word to gather thier little gang :D
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

@AScott would you please edit that comment to remove the awful styling it has? Telling someone to block you can be done in various ways or as an alternative you can block them.

But on topic: Virtual Mirrors. Instead of F1 2019, you can buy GRID19 which includes those 🙃

Posted (edited)

@UP100 Where in my post does it say block me ?,Can you read  ill help you out IT DOESNT, also my post so mind your own business,

And since I dont have a issue with visibly, why would I want grid19 ?, I think you need Forza 7 forum youll fit in well.

Edited by AScott
Up100 Didnt understand plain English
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, AScott said:

@UP100 Where in my post does it say block me ?,Can you read  ill help you out IT DOESNT, also my post so mind your own business,

And since I dont have a issue with visibly, why would I want grid19 ?, I think you need Forza 7 forum youll fit in well.

Haha you call that English?? Need to learn spelling and punctuation methinks 😉

Posted (edited)

The F1 Noobs come in 5 by 5's hooray hooray.

Edited by AScott
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

59 minutes ago, martbloke said:

Haha you call that English?? Need to learn spelling and punctuation methinks 😉

Well clearly you undersod wit ti ment, sa joce on you I tinks :classic_rolleyes:

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Internet Trolls Love Careless Online Authors

One of the most hurtful comments you will get on the Internet as an online writer or blogger is something that ridicules you because of a wrong spelling or grammar in your work. As a human being, you are prone to commit mistakes; no one can argue against that. However, publishing a work of literature without rereading, reviewing, editing, and proofreading your product is a big NO-NO. In the online world, you surely do not want to be humiliated by an Internet troll just because of a missed-out spelling and/or grammar mistake.

AScott give zero, ZERO, folks what you tink's
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Virtual Mirrors and look left right are not the same thing or alternatives.  I race in VR (obviously not in F1 2019), so can turn my head left and right and I still use a virtual mirror.  This game needs one, and is just one of a half dozen reasons I'm not buying it.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1