mirror in cockpit view of f1 2019, AGAIN?!

every year same story codemasters?? i I view a few videos of gamemplay of f1 2019, and in cockpit camera the mirrors it's out of screen...

EVERY year the same story, the cockpit camera it's umplayable if not set the fov to max setting but the visibility it's real compromise...what coss made a virtual mirror on top screen?? or make che mirror few attach of cockpit to made visible on camera cokpit?? this year if not possible play with this camera i don't buy again you game... it's a lot of year if the community ask this solution, abd every year nothing change... this it's last year for me... sorry

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 4

How do you want to achieve visible mirrors on one screen for formula car? Triple screen or virtual mirror is the way

36 minutes ago, Neomo said:

How do you want to achieve visible mirrors on one screen for formula car? Triple screen or virtual mirror is the way

duh, thats what he said just read

2 hours ago, skylinegtr34 said:

what coss made a virtual mirror on top screen?

Search on YouTube F1 drivers eye view, thier view is excalty the same wilst looking straight forward, simple just map look left look right, problem solved, 

Your Welcome.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 5

1 hour ago, AScott said:

Search on YouTube F1 drivers eye view, thier view is excalty the same wilst looking straight forward, simple just map look left look right, problem solved, 

Your Welcome.

If we had VR yes its the same thing but codies dont give us VR

2 hours ago, Auryel27 said:

If we had VR yes its the same thing but codies dont give us VR

But we dont, so mapping left and right is the next best thing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 5

3 hours ago, AScott said:

But we dont, so mapping left and right is the next best thing.

No it's not. A virtual mirror(s) is the next best thing.

Don't know what button map you're running, but the one I'm running just plain doesn't allow for mapping look left/right... and tbh, doing that in the middle of close quarters racing is just asking for trouble.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 6

I agree with this, to be honest. When you don't have enough buttons (I have a TM F1 rim, so I don't have that issue), you need to compensate for it in some way. As others have said, VR is the most sensible option for those that can afford it, but CM don't seem to be willing to embrace that any time soon.

When I had a G27, the most frustrating thing was the shortage of buttons for things like this.

Other racing games have it, even pure sims, because of this very shortcoming. Even a radar like GT Sport would be better than nothing.

19 hours ago, AScott said:

Not problem solved. I have more than enough buttons to press during a race without pressing buttons to move my "head" in an incredibly jerky and disorientating fashion.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

45 minutes ago, scottishwildcat said:

Not problem solved. I have more than enough buttons to press during a race without pressing buttons to move my "head" in an incredibly jerky and disorientating fashion.

Exactly. Looking left or right in-game instantly and completely cuts off your view in front which is very disorienting. In real life the drivers look around to see their mirrors fluidly while still seeing in front of them with one eye and the help of peripheral vision. I'd argue that virtual wing mirrors on the very edges of our screens would be far more similar to what an actual driver experiences than pressing buttons.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

14 hours ago, Bankai3987 said:

No it's not. A virtual mirror(s) is the next best thing.

Don't know what button map you're running, but the one I'm running just plain doesn't allow for mapping look left/right... and tbh, doing that in the middle of close quarters racing is just asking for trouble.

Well since thier is no virtual mirrors in F1 series, button mapping is the next best thing.

3 hours ago, scottishwildcat said:

Yes problem solved, 

2 hours ago, Worntoathread said:

Exactly. Looking left or right in-game instantly and completely cuts off your view in front which is very disorienting. In real life the drivers look around to see their mirrors fluidly while still seeing in front of them with one eye and the help of peripheral vision. I'd argue that virtual wing mirrors on the very edges of our screens would be far more similar to what an actual driver experiences than pressing buttons.

In real life the drivers sit in the cockpit, not on top of the airbox, only way to simulate a drivers head moving currently is mapping buttons.

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 4

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, AScott said:

Well since thier is no virtual mirrors in F1 series, button mapping is the next best thing.

Yes problem solved, 

In real life the drivers sit in the cockpit, not on top of the airbox, only way to simulate a drivers head moving currently is mapping buttons.

Imagine that for whatever reason, in real life, a driver is unable to move his head by himself, leaving him unable to see the mirrors. Not completely unlike our very own gaming experience as cockpit cam users with a single screen setup..

Now, we have two possible options to help said disabled driver:

A: a neck mechanism, built to violently snap said driver's head to the side and back by pressing buttons on his wheel, all while racing at full speed.

B: Moving the mirrors closer to the cockpit, within his eyesight, allowing him to see them.

You seem to insist that option A is the more realistic option here.

Makes you wonder!  

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

Imagine that for whatever reason, in real life, a driver is unable to move his head by himself, leaving him unable to see the mirrors. Not completely unlike our very own gaming experience as cockpit cam users with a single screen setup..

Now, we have two possible options to help said disabled driver:

A: a neck mechanism, built to violently snap said driver's head to the side and back by pressing buttons on his wheel, all while racing at full speed.

B: Moving the mirrors closer to the cockpit, within his eyesight, allowing him to see them.

You seem to insist that option A is the more realistic option here.

Makes you wonder!  

You post makes me wonder about a lot of things, so many things in fact I feel id be waisting my time trying to explain.

• Disagree 2

Posted (edited)

Anyone heard of eyes? Haha. (Edit: I mean for what real life drivers use; not just all neck movement)

Jokes aside, doesn't the look left/right literally look 90° left or right and so you don't see your mirror anyways? Also, if that is the solution being proposed, then why not just use the look back? Issue is for those who like realism and don't want the look back option to be used and want to use the mirrors. A 2D screen cannot do what real life drivers see and so virtual mirrors replicating what is seen in the mirrors would be good however where these would go on screen is beyond me. On the halo? Probably a distraction if anything. 

I guess I'd like to think that they could add in a look left/right 45° so people can use that instead of the 90° look. I don't know what would please everyone tbh. 

Edited by martbloke

On 5/19/2019 at 4:11 PM, skylinegtr34 said:

the cockpit camera it's umplayable if not set the fov to max setting but the visibility it's real compromise...what coss made a virtual mirror on top screen?? or make che mirror few attach of cockpit to made visible on camera cokpit??

Of course, you are right. A virtual mirror is the best solution. At the same time, the option of switching off the side mirrors could appear, because they can not be seen in the case of a single screen. Saving CPU power, especially on consoles.

What we have at present is insufficient, and looking at the left or right pressing the buttons is very confusing.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, AScott said:

mapping buttons.

Moving your head IRL is way easier and more efficient than clicking on a button. Plus in order to check the mirrors a certain time duration, you'll have to maintain the button pressed, therefore making your hands uncomfortable.

So problem not solved.

Edited by TheTomatoes
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 2

19 minutes ago, TheTomatoes said:

Moving your head IRL is way easier and more efficient than clicking on a button. Plus in order to check the mirrors a certain time duration, you'll have to maintain the button pressed, therefore making your hands uncomfortable.

So problem not solved mate.

Waaaah REALLY ? No Waaaaaaaaaay, Moving your head IRL is way easier and more efficient than clicking a button 😕 

• Disagree 5

12 minutes ago, AScott said:

Waaaah REALLY ? No Waaaaaaaaaay, Moving your head IRL is way easier and more efficient than clicking a button 😕 

I hope you are a troll

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Auryel27 said:

I hope you are a troll

Great contribution to thread, keep on posting to boost your post count, little things please little minds.

• Disagree 4

Posted (edited)

I use cockpit cam... I don't have 'look back' mapped because I, get this, USE MY MIRRORS. I find it VERY disjointing to look back or around the car when I'm driving. I don't do it IRL because mirrors are actually useful, so I'm not likely do it for this.
So I still need to screw with the camera just to be able to use the mirrors on 3 or 4 2018 cars, and the FOV isn't brilliant, but it's driveable.
The 2019 cars have wider positioned mirrors, as I'm sure you know AScott... so... it makes it pretty much impossible to use mirrors with any kind of workable FOV.

If I don't have the actual mirrors to use then the next best option is NOT to map buttons I don't have space for, to a movement I'm not comfortable with... it's to have the option of a virtual mirror/mirrors.

It's fine if you don't want virtual mirrors and if you want to look around your car when battling, but I'm sure there's a good number of us that do want/require some sort of usable mirror.

Edited by Bankai3987
  • Agree 2

I drive cokpit with a realistic FOV so I can't see my mirrors.  Well I can on the approach to a corner as I'm using the max 'look to apex' option so the driver moves his head left or right looking into the corner.  But I never use them as I'm more concerned about cornering at that point in time than who is behind me.  

So I use the proximity arrows and look back to know where people are before they get too close.  Works well.  I'm no super duper fast, but I do alright, often gold in multi until some **** punts me off the road.

another solution is TrackIR or the cheaper alternatives.

having this month being forced to go auto gears due to wrist pains, I have now mapped the paddles (fanatec F1 wheel) to the left and right views. I don't use them much though, it is too disorienting. my mirrors if anything are too large, but i probably have the fov messed up to achieve that. request: dynamic view of cockpit whilst changing fov etc. setups in garage.

A virtual mirrors option would be awesome. Because of halo since 2018 F1 car's mirrors are so far apart. In the video game it became out of screen. It was so useful and immersive in F1 games before 2018. 

It would be just perfect to put some virtual mirrors in the cockpit cam (one on the left and another on the right). And could be also have a mirror on tcam, but a central one (just like GT Sport).

Do it Codies, please! 

• Agree 3

A virtual mirror is needed. I have mapped keys to look left and right - but the problem is that it is an abrupt shift without peripheral vision and disrupts the context of any turn you might be in. On a straight the loss of peripheral vision is not as critical - but is still a problem.  

• Agree 3