DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Multiple inputs mess up force feedback? (PS4)

Hey guys, I might need your help on this one. I've noticed that when I plug my th8a shifter into a usb slot on the console rather than the wheelbase, the force feedback changes for worse: self aligning torque seems to be less detailed and the wheel feels heavier. Connecting the shifter to the wheelbase is out of question, because then the gears slip into neutral all the time. This is really bugging me, because I'm not sure if it's a hardware or a software problem, so if anyone could check it they experience the same issues, I would be grateful.

Ok I fixed it, although it took me a few days to find the solution. If anyone has a similar problem on T150, you have to download the drivers for th8a from 2015, update the firmware (or downgrade it if you have newer version) and then connect the shifter to the wheelbase and everything works as it should. The drivers must be exactly from 2015, anything earlier and the shifter is not recognised in the game, anything later and you get gear slipping.

The issue with the shifter influening force feedback when connected directly to the console is still present though and frankly I have no idea what causes it, whether it's something with the game or with my gear. Very wierd.