Sign in to follow this  

Thrustmaster DOR Issue

I've been having an odd issue last few weeks on f1 2018, hence why I'm posting in here to see if anyone else has had this.

Not sure when it started but I had a league race 4weeks ago at Australia, when I first noticed this issue. FFB went really light and was hard to control car through quick corners, backend was wanting to come round a lot easier under speed. After the race I checked calibration screen and DOR had changed itself during the race.

I play on Ps4 with thrustmaster t300rs, t3pa pedals. Firmware is upto date (v29). 

The wheel is changing degrees of rotation by itself. I use 360deg on wheel so 2 flashes. After playing a while it changes itself back to 900deg in game.

Most often after being online, or using the pad for photomode.

It can change itself back to 360deg sometimes too whilst playing.

Sometimes I have to back out reset my DOR back to 360deg with 2 flashes and reboot the game. 

Playing online seems to trigger it more than offline (championship lobby more than normal lobby) and turning the pad on always triggers it.

I've had my wheel looked at and checked and ruled out any issue there. It's fine in other games (GT sport/Pcars).

Just having this weird issue playing F1. Tracing the problem seems to point more towards a game issue than a problem with my Thrustmaster wheel. Strange.

I'm still having this issue on F1 2019. I've purchased a new servo wheel base since the last game so I know it's not my equipment.

Using pad together with a wheel triggers the DOR to change.

Using theatre mode triggers the DOR to change. 

Using photomode triggers the DOR to change.

When someone leaves an online lobby this triggers the DOR to change.

When pressing the ps button to go to the Ps4 home screen to either read a message or join an online lobby with an invite this also triggers the DOR to change.

Is this a reason for the FFB feeling weak online compared to offline? It's getting really annoying is this issue. @Faya can this be looked at please.

• Agree 2

Another online FFB/DOR issue. Apart from the separate issue of FFB being very weak online compared to offline I've had this...

Did a race online 2 nights ago, formation lap got hit by someone from behind. It's dsq me from the formation lap and sent me to the grid. When the race started I had no FFB whatsoever had to turn the wheel 2 and a half times to get round the first corner with no resistance. It was like the wheel wasn't connected to anything. Wheel had reset itself to 1080deg of rotation. Had no other choice but to quit out. 

The silence on this FFB issue online is starting to make me think that's it's an issue that can't be fixed. Is there anyone from codemasters that can shed some light on these problems please. @Faya

The feel of my Thrustmaster seems numb. I am massively slower this year. 

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, ShelbyUSA said:

The feel of my Thrustmaster seems numb. I am massively slower this year. 

It sucks. I span out at AUS and just the same at CHN in a social, no warning, just swaps ends.

• Agree 2

I new to tmx 300rs , but I feel it's not responding right , I had sent 1 back after the breaks stopped working in a race .

I need to check the firmware, but don't have a pc ...lol

Hope this get fixed soon , glad to know it's not just my bad racing.

Or could it be both...loo