Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, watzcoc said:

Yep over 14 hours late and counting. More amateur than Open Class!!

Edit couldn't remove the quote box for some reason

Edited by Holliss

It works on Xbox. It appeared in the store as purchaseable even though I own the Deluxe Edition. Anyway I clicked on 'Buy' then it displayed the message 'you own this product' and started to install Germany.

After that I started the game - no Germany present. Quit, reinstall Germany, restart game: voilá, Germany is there, and it works.

So not flawlessly but it works and I hadnt have to pay.

1 hour ago, Freddygore said:

It s not minutes it s hours....i hope it will be fixed until the end of this day...

I know it has been hours i was quoting the post saying it was minutes.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

it just appeared in the US PSN store

Edited by Tranzitive

Hi everyone,

Yes sorry for the delay Germany should now be available across all platforms now.

We aim to release our content updates on a rolling midnight system, ie if you live in Australia you will receive the content before Europe, who themselves have it before the Americas.

However there was a technical issue that has delayed Germany on both PS4 and Microsoft stores, which is now fixed.

Thanks

Matt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

(wet) Germany is a masterpiece. I'm in Love! Thank you CM

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, mesa said:

(wet) Germany is a masterpiece. I'm in Love! Thank you CM

Agreed! The Manta feels so alive at its homeland, great fun to throw it around those 90degrees and hairpins!

• Agree 1

And driving the wet stage on dry tyres (you kind of have to in the weekly) is crazy. And the light effects are wonderful. I'm loving the new Germany!

• Agree 3

I'm really disappointed the new Germany doesn't have light rain or just a wet road condition, not sure why the only wet weather options they provided are heavy rain.  Other than that it feels really nice , definitely more fun with the new handling model than the track had in DR1.  

• Agree 4

Wales is coming ... Aww if we could get updated Greece and Finland too ?!
Best tracks for DR 2.0 right now: Monte, Sweden, Germany That's funny because all of them are updated track, so we should wait DR 3.0 to get updated Poland and Argentina as well 😄

Germany rally is great, no doubt, but why no time trials in wet conditions?

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Love Germany. The tarmac is looser than Spain. Nice one!

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, matthewhorsman said:

We aim to release our content updates on a rolling midnight system, ie if you live in Australia you will receive the content before Europe, who themselves have it before the Americas. 

I've made an entire thread about this before but it's not possible to do a rolling midnight release on PS4 as the North American (US + Canada) PSN stores only seem to update at 9am Pacific time. Sometimes it will update a bit earlier like 8am but generally 9am.

Please update your information and release schedule accordingly, thanks. It's very misleading to tell people it's a rolling midnight release across all consoles when it's not. 

Edited by Tranzitive

Dry your eyes, it's out now. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

thanks for the update, would have never realized without your stunning and eternally helpful insight.

Edited by Tranzitive

After a couple more test runs I really love Germany. I don't like the other tarmac location, Spain. It's OK, but I dont feel at home on those very smooth asphalt and armco everywhere. As an Eastern European I feel mich more comfortable at the German countryside. The stages have a great flow - with the new physics it's very natural to drift around the tight corners (the area around the military helicopter.)

Very well done Codies, thanks for this great content!

• Agree 1

I think you can really feel the improvement in physics, even in modern cars pulling off a perfect hairpin turn is more difficult than in D1. And the roughness in some parts is actually noticeable.

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, danielofifi said:

I think you can really feel the improvement in physics, even in modern cars pulling off a perfect hairpin turn is more difficult than in D1. And the roughness in some parts is actually noticeable.

Interesting. Mostly I drive classic RWD and I would say in DR2.0 I can make more controlled slides and handbrake turns than in the original game.

And yes, there are rough and smooth asphalt in Germany (on the rough you pull dust trails) and on the rough the car has less grip. Were there different asphalts in the original game? There were some concrete parts that's sure but different asphalt?

Edited by redriot77
  • Agree 1

Feels a whole lot faster than the other countries. When you go back to Australia for example it's like treacle.

The stages are a bit smaller, I think they are even the smallest in DR1, not to mention there's a lot of straights. That's why I wish there would be an extra long stage in the vineyards to complement it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, redriot77 said:

Interesting. Mostly I drive classic RWD and I would say in DR2.0 I can make more controlled slides and handbrake turns than in the original game.

Could just be you're a better driver now 🙂

Regarding the missing Tornado, it actually seems the whole place has been 'demilitarised' – the trucks are no longer a nice olive drab colour, for example, and instead look like old civilian ones.

Edited by afahoy
  • Sad 1