Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, afahoy said:

Could just be you're a better driver now 🙂

Regarding the missing Tornado, it actually seems the whole place has been 'demilitarised' – the trucks are no longer a nice olive drab colour, for example, and instead look like old civilian ones.

I miss the Tornado...

Maybe it's because of greylancer's offensive post that they removed the jet from the stage? 😉

Edited by danielofifi
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, danielofifi said:

I miss the Tornado...

Maybe it's because of greylancer's offensive post that they removed the jet from the stage? 😉

Just what i was about to write 😄... i miss it too

Edited by Opassac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made a comparison video, it's clear how well improved this stage
 

 

  • Like 3
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
The track is actually a troop exercise area and you can see it in DR because there is a tornado wreck to see but unfortunately in DR2 no longer takes this track atmosphere.
Honestly, when I look at the comparison video I do not think Germany DR2 looks better than DR of the colors and overall I like the original track from DR better
The TV helicopter is missing too

image.png.dec4b257367a8c5fbc4bfd83aeeb9e23.png

Edited by gleylancer571
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

The track is actually a troop exercise area and you can see it in DR because there is a tornado wreck to see but unfortunately in DR2 no longer takes this track atmosphere.
Honestly, when I look at the comparison video I do not think Germany DR2 looks better than DR of the colors and overall I like the original track from DR better

The TV helicopter is missing too

image.png.dec4b257367a8c5fbc4bfd83aeeb9e23.png

You don't seem to like lots of things.. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Codemasters has not redesigned the Germany Rally 1: 1
As the tracks are now, everything seems cold and empty
The many small details have given the routes atmosphere
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

The TV helicopter is missing too

image.png.dec4b257367a8c5fbc4bfd83aeeb9e23.png

I have never noticed before, but that helicopter has too many blades. 

  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I have never noticed before, but that helicopter has too many blades. 

Time to update my review to negative...

  • Haha 6
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

Time to update my review to negative...

I know. What kind of popcorn arcade game is this? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't like Germany in the first DR, but now i'm enjoying every km of it. :classic_cool:

I struggle so bad on slow corners, but I think i'm doing just fine on fast sections. :classic_laugh:

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

The Germany Rally can only be enjoyed if you do not know the original from DR.

giphy.gif

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

The Germany Rally can only be enjoyed if you do not know the original from DR.

please don't assume everyone has the same opinion as you. most of us do not.

I hated Germany in DR1. now it's ok.

  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ianism said:

please don't assume everyone has the same opinion as you. most of us do not.

I hated Germany in DR1. now it's ok. 

I think that many have wished for the Germany Rally otherwise Codemasters would not have made a remaster.
So if you hate the Germany Rally, that's not the opinion of most people
So I really like the Germany Rally in Dirt Rally but not like it was done for Dirt Rally 2.0
It shows once again that Codemasters has worked sloppily.
And the graphics are not much better
Edited by gleylancer571
  • Disagree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

they needed to add another tarmac rally, otherwise it would have been a bit unbalanced. by the end of season 2 we will have 3 tarmac rallies (technically 1 mixed surface - monte carlo - but it's mainly tarmac), 1 snow rally, and 6 gravel rallies. reasonable i think. otherwise it would just be gravel gravel gravel. i'm a huge fan of gravel but some balance and variety is good.

on a different note have there been any updates on the audio bugs in Germany? it seems to be replete with them. i have been very busy at work and not checking the forums often. on two stages during last week's weekly event the co-driver audio was noticeably quieter than the other stages too. it was like someone had reduced his volume by about 50% (it wasn't me, i promise). 

Edited by Tranzitive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

I think that many have wished for the Germany Rally otherwise Codemasters would not have made a remaster. So if you hate the Germany Rally, that's not the opinion of most people

And the graphics are not much better

YES, EXACTLY. THAT IS EXACTLY MY POINT.

you said "The Germany Rally can only be enjoyed if you do not know the original from DR"

I was telling you my opinion about Germany in DR1 because I was trying to show you that my opinion on it is different from yours.

I did this to show you that your opinion - that Germany in DR 2.0 can only be enjoyed if you don't know the original DR1 version - is not going to be shared by everyone.

giphy.gif.e8572ea23b5dd17cf0a807071ab5a328.gif

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure this was the guy that wanted to bomb the offices because he had a wait a few hours for the DLC. I don't think there's much point in discussing anything with him unless it's what colour crayon tastes the best. 

  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe constantly formatting all his text to typewriter font is a trick to hide the fact that he doesn't actually have anything worthwhile to say :classic_biggrin:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
 @ianismYour point is to accept everything Codemasters without criticism and to find everything great what they do



And my point is to say what I do not like about the remaster
Edited by gleylancer571
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

 @ianismYour point is to accept everything Codemasters without criticism and to find everything great what they do



And my point is to say what I do not like about the remaster

I tried my best to be clear, but still you misunderstood me. read what I said more carefully. get someone to translate it (properly) into your first language if you need.

I criticize the parts of the game that I think need to be criticized. I praise the parts that I think are done well. if you do not like it, you can go eat goat hair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright everyone, please be civil. 

If you can't get one with someone, please add them to your ignore list. 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

they needed to add another tarmac rally, otherwise it would have been a bit unbalanced. by the end of season 2 we will have 3 tarmac rallies (technically 1 mixed surface - monte carlo - but it's mainly tarmac), 1 snow rally, and 6 gravel rallies. reasonable i think. otherwise it would just be gravel gravel gravel. i'm a huge fan of gravel but some balance and variety is good.

on a different note have there been any updates on the audio bugs in Germany? it seems to be replete with them. i have been very busy at work and not checking the forums often. on two stages during last week's weekly event the co-driver audio was noticeably quieter than the other stages too. it was like someone had reduced his volume by about 50% (it wasn't me, i promise). 

I'd like another snow rally, honestly. 1 (Sweden) and 1/4 (MC) isn't enough if we are going to have 10 by the end of season 2. my hopes aren't exactly high though, haha

and nope. no updates since the last one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

they needed to add another tarmac rally, otherwise it would have been a bit unbalanced. by the end of season 2 we will have 3 tarmac rallies (technically 1 mixed surface - monte carlo - but it's mainly tarmac), 1 snow rally, and 6 gravel rallies. reasonable i think. otherwise it would just be gravel gravel gravel. i'm a huge fan of gravel but some balance and variety is good.

on a different note have there been any updates on the audio bugs in Germany? it seems to be replete with them. i have been very busy at work and not checking the forums often. on two stages during last week's weekly event the co-driver audio was noticeably quieter than the other stages too. it was like someone had reduced his volume by about 50% (it wasn't me, i promise). 

Im hoping for Corsica to make an appearance either in S3 or 4. Would be the cherry on top of the cake.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here's another comparison screenshots - rainy weather by now.
You can see clear that you can't see anything in DR 2.0. Also you can see how interior 3D model and textures improved as well

Dirt Rally
E6A0G0B.jpg

Dirt Rally 2.0
VsGQNlF.jpg

Dirt Rally
upNZIhK.jpg

Dirt Rally 2.0
a8cAbmq.jpg

Edited by mesa
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2019 at 4:49 PM, ianism said:

I'd like another snow rally, honestly. 1 (Sweden) and 1/4 (MC) isn't enough if we are going to have 10 by the end of season 2. my hopes aren't exactly high though, haha

and nope. no updates since the last one.

I know DR2.0 doesn't try to mimic the WRC calendar, but if we look at that championship, in 14 events, there is only one and half (MC) snow events, 9 gravel events, 2 and half tarmac events (MC) and one asfalt/gravel mixed event (Spain). I think the current choice of surfaces/locations are good enough... I just hope for more (gravel/tarmac/snow, whatever)...

 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×