Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, afahoy said:

Could just be you're a better driver now 🙂

Regarding the missing Tornado, it actually seems the whole place has been 'demilitarised' – the trucks are no longer a nice olive drab colour, for example, and instead look like old civilian ones.

I miss the Tornado...

Maybe it's because of greylancer's offensive post that they removed the jet from the stage? 😉

Edited by danielofifi
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, danielofifi said:

I miss the Tornado...

Maybe it's because of greylancer's offensive post that they removed the jet from the stage? 😉

Just what i was about to write 😄... i miss it too

Edited by Opassac

I made a comparison video, it's clear how well improved this stage

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
The track is actually a troop exercise area and you can see it in DR because there is a tornado wreck to see but unfortunately in DR2 no longer takes this track atmosphere.
Honestly, when I look at the comparison video I do not think Germany DR2 looks better than DR of the colors and overall I like the original track from DR better
The TV helicopter is missing too

image.png.dec4b257367a8c5fbc4bfd83aeeb9e23.png

Edited by gleylancer571
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

The track is actually a troop exercise area and you can see it in DR because there is a tornado wreck to see but unfortunately in DR2 no longer takes this track atmosphere.
Honestly, when I look at the comparison video I do not think Germany DR2 looks better than DR of the colors and overall I like the original track from DR better

You don't seem to like lots of things.. 

• Haha 3

Codemasters has not redesigned the Germany Rally 1: 1
As the tracks are now, everything seems cold and empty
The many small details have given the routes atmosphere
  • Disagree 1

6 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

I have never noticed before, but that helicopter has too many blades. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I have never noticed before, but that helicopter has too many blades. 

Time to update my review to negative...

• Haha 6
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

Time to update my review to negative...

I know. What kind of popcorn arcade game is this? 

• Haha 1

I didn't like Germany in the first DR, but now i'm enjoying every km of it. :classic_cool:

I struggle so bad on slow corners, but I think i'm doing just fine on fast sections. :classic_laugh:

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

The Germany Rally can only be enjoyed if you do not know the original from DR.

giphy.gif

• Agree 5

The Germany Rally can only be enjoyed if you do not know the original from DR.

please don't assume everyone has the same opinion as you. most of us do not.

I hated Germany in DR1. now it's ok.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ianism said:

please don't assume everyone has the same opinion as you. most of us do not.

I hated Germany in DR1. now it's ok. 

I think that many have wished for the Germany Rally otherwise Codemasters would not have made a remaster.
So if you hate the Germany Rally, that's not the opinion of most people
So I really like the Germany Rally in Dirt Rally but not like it was done for Dirt Rally 2.0
It shows once again that Codemasters has worked sloppily.
And the graphics are not much better
Edited by gleylancer571
  • Disagree 5

Posted (edited)

they needed to add another tarmac rally, otherwise it would have been a bit unbalanced. by the end of season 2 we will have 3 tarmac rallies (technically 1 mixed surface - monte carlo - but it's mainly tarmac), 1 snow rally, and 6 gravel rallies. reasonable i think. otherwise it would just be gravel gravel gravel. i'm a huge fan of gravel but some balance and variety is good.

on a different note have there been any updates on the audio bugs in Germany? it seems to be replete with them. i have been very busy at work and not checking the forums often. on two stages during last week's weekly event the co-driver audio was noticeably quieter than the other stages too. it was like someone had reduced his volume by about 50% (it wasn't me, i promise). 

Edited by Tranzitive

19 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

I think that many have wished for the Germany Rally otherwise Codemasters would not have made a remaster. So if you hate the Germany Rally, that's not the opinion of most people

And the graphics are not much better

YES, EXACTLY. THAT IS EXACTLY MY POINT.

you said "The Germany Rally can only be enjoyed if you do not know the original from DR"

I was telling you my opinion about Germany in DR1 because I was trying to show you that my opinion on it is different from yours.

I did this to show you that your opinion - that Germany in DR 2.0 can only be enjoyed if you don't know the original DR1 version - is not going to be shared by everyone.

giphy.gif.e8572ea23b5dd17cf0a807071ab5a328.gif

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I'm pretty sure this was the guy that wanted to bomb the offices because he had a wait a few hours for the DLC. I don't think there's much point in discussing anything with him unless it's what colour crayon tastes the best. 

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 2

Maybe constantly formatting all his text to typewriter font is a trick to hide the fact that he doesn't actually have anything worthwhile to say :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
 @ianismYour point is to accept everything Codemasters without criticism and to find everything great what they do

And my point is to say what I do not like about the remaster
Edited by gleylancer571
  • Disagree 2

@ianismYour point is to accept everything Codemasters without criticism and to find everything great what they do

And my point is to say what I do not like about the remaster

I tried my best to be clear, but still you misunderstood me. read what I said more carefully. get someone to translate it (properly) into your first language if you need.

I criticize the parts of the game that I think need to be criticized. I praise the parts that I think are done well. if you do not like it, you can go eat goat hair.

Alright everyone, please be civil. 

If you can't get one with someone, please add them to your ignore list. 

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

they needed to add another tarmac rally, otherwise it would have been a bit unbalanced. by the end of season 2 we will have 3 tarmac rallies (technically 1 mixed surface - monte carlo - but it's mainly tarmac), 1 snow rally, and 6 gravel rallies. reasonable i think. otherwise it would just be gravel gravel gravel. i'm a huge fan of gravel but some balance and variety is good.

on a different note have there been any updates on the audio bugs in Germany? it seems to be replete with them. i have been very busy at work and not checking the forums often. on two stages during last week's weekly event the co-driver audio was noticeably quieter than the other stages too. it was like someone had reduced his volume by about 50% (it wasn't me, i promise). 

I'd like another snow rally, honestly. 1 (Sweden) and 1/4 (MC) isn't enough if we are going to have 10 by the end of season 2. my hopes aren't exactly high though, haha

and nope. no updates since the last one.

3 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

Im hoping for Corsica to make an appearance either in S3 or 4. Would be the cherry on top of the cake.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Here's another comparison screenshots - rainy weather by now.
You can see clear that you can't see anything in DR 2.0. Also you can see how interior 3D model and textures improved as well

Dirt Rally
E6A0G0B.jpg

Dirt Rally 2.0
VsGQNlF.jpg

Dirt Rally
upNZIhK.jpg

Dirt Rally 2.0
a8cAbmq.jpg

Edited by mesa
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 5/28/2019 at 4:49 PM, ianism said:

I'd like another snow rally, honestly. 1 (Sweden) and 1/4 (MC) isn't enough if we are going to have 10 by the end of season 2. my hopes aren't exactly high though, haha

and nope. no updates since the last one.

I know DR2.0 doesn't try to mimic the WRC calendar, but if we look at that championship, in 14 events, there is only one and half (MC) snow events, 9 gravel events, 2 and half tarmac events (MC) and one asfalt/gravel mixed event (Spain). I think the current choice of surfaces/locations are good enough... I just hope for more (gravel/tarmac/snow, whatever)...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1