F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Your First...

... Mobile phone :p If you remember what it was, post up a picture and why you wanted it. And once we're done with phones, anybody can start up the next Your First... 'whatever it is'.

This was my first mobile, a Sagem RC 750. 

I'd seen my dad using these mobiles with antenna that you had to extend yourself and all that and I just wasn't really ever interested in them. Then, my sister got one. And, of course, I was jealous and kicked up a fuss. I wanted a mobile too, and it wasn't fair that my sister was allowed one but I wasn't. So I sulked, moaned, acted out, and played the jealous brother perfectly.

In the end, my dad took me to a new shop in town named T.J. Hughes (shut now, but walking past it's empty shell I still get a bit of nostalgia thinking it's where I got my first phone), and said I was only allowed one up to a certain price, I can't remember how much he said but I chose the one above because it had a flashing light and my sisters one didn't. So clearly it was better than hers. I remember ripping it open on the way home and playing the games on it before anything else lol. I've no idea what happened to that phone, and I don't remember how long I even had it for. The 3310 came out a while later though and I remember that phone dominating my younger years!

That was my shop! Naa not really o:)  Think my first phone was a Motorola C160, can't get the picture to show up though. :(
Nothing beats the Nokia 3310 imo B)

Can't find a picture of my first phone anywhere, nor can I remember the model apart from it was a Nokia. So here's a poc of my 2nd phone :P 

http://www.mobilechoiceuk.com/mobile_choice/cms_assets/news/28937_sgh-d840-1-306.jpg

Nokia 5110, with Snake game! My parents bought me it, so it wasn't particularly desired, or anything!

After that, I've only ever owned these:
- Nokia N70 - colour screen = woo
- Sony Xperia Play = PlayStation games on my phone!
- Sony Xperia Z1 = current one, but already was superceded twice in 1 year by the Z2 and Z3!

Not had many phones really, and still have all of them at home, except for the Play (which I donated to a family member and it then got broken :( )

This beauty, the Nokia 3510 was my first phone!
Like most of my early phones it was my dads old one aha, the orange lights on the side just made it awesome!! 

And it was a colour phone, which was pretty new still i think... and the custom ringtones were the best!

Nokia 3410 lol. dunno how to put photos on here though. Indestructible! 
I once "dropped" my 3310 from the 10th floor of a hotel and it was fine B) Phones these days are so fragile :#

Hughesy said:
I once "dropped" my 3310 from the 10th floor of a hotel and it was fine B) Phones these days are so fragile :#
The phone was ok but what about the ground? :p

mike96 said:
Hughesy said:
The phone was ok but what about the ground? :p
It was like an asteroid had crashed into the ground :D

Behold the Samsung SGH-X450!

Got it in about 2008 and had it for 3 years. That's about all I can say :p 

This was my first phone! Sony Ericsson W380i!

Man I loved this thing, and this was when flip phones seemed to be the rage! :p

This was my first phone! Sony Ericsson W380i!

Man I loved this thing, and this was when flip phones seemed to be the rage! :p
Tbh I wish smart phones were still like that, makes it easier to keep the screen in good condition. I know that makes no sense as they don't have buttons anymore but still.

Flip phones are past it unfortunately, and it does make sense now yeah :p But yeah, loved that phone!

Slide phones is what the cool kids had ;) I had one of these for a few months, before forgetting it was in my jeans pocket and sticking them in the washing machine :'(

But after that I got this, and liked it even more!

I had that Samsung phone and loved it. Can't believe this thread came about from our conversation via PM :) 

Hughesy said:
I had that Samsung phone and loved it. Can't believe this thread came about from our conversation via PM :) 
After getting that phone as replacement, I was actually not at all upset about being an idiot with the LG anymore lol. That Samsung was just a damn good phone!
Funny right? When I said I'd had an idea for a thread from our topic, did you think it would be this? :p 

Hughesy said:
After getting that phone as replacement, I was actually not at all upset about being an idiot with the LG anymore lol. That Samsung was just a damn good phone!
Funny right? When I said I'd had an idea for a thread from our topic, did you think it would be this? :p 
Yea I knew it would be to do with old phones, as I mentioned that NEC phone, didn't know it would be so interesting though. It's a great thread, and brings back some good memories.
Phones can be awesome, I almost got to become a pro skateboarder. I was skating at a skate park in Weymouth, and somebody was recording me. He showed his mate who was a pro skater, and he wanted to help me to become one, but sadly after that I started to get pain all over my body, which I now know was the start of my condition.

I did have loads of videos of me skating, but back then never thought to back them up, I would love to watch them back now.

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
Yea I knew it would be to do with old phones, as I mentioned that NEC phone, didn't know it would be so interesting though. It's a great thread, and brings back some good memories.
Phones can be awesome, I almost got to become a pro skateboarder. I was skating at a skate park in Weymouth, and somebody was recording me. He showed his mate who was a pro skater, and he wanted to help me to become one, but sadly after that I started to get pain all over my body, which I now know was the start of my condition.

I did have loads of videos of me skating, but back then never thought to back them up, I would love to watch them back now.
Sounds like me and my band :p We had a manager, we'd been playing gigs in Bristol, Taunton, and a load of other places in Somerset, done a bunch of recording sessions after winning a battle of the bands comp, then our drummer and bassist got into different things and decided they didn't wanna carry on. The singer and I carried on for a bit, did some more recording with him doing singing, guitar, and bass, and me doing guitar and drums, but we never found anyone we gelled with to keep it going. And of course, I didn't keep any of our recordings, the only one I know of is on MySpace and it was one that just the singer and I did together. I think my dad has copies of it all (proud father, loves his metal lol) but it'd take him ages to find if I asked.

(The song: https://myspace.com/standingdead/music/songs In the chanty bit I'm singing too :p)

Anyway, phones, this is a phone I hated, and the day I got a new one I actually snapped this thing in half and flung it against the wall so much was my hatred for it! Only time I've ever done that to a still working bit of tech.

Should rename this The Nostalgia Thread lol.