Sign in to follow this  

Your First...

Sony Ericsson Z750i. I believe I got it for my 12th birthday. At the time flip phones were the thing, so I was pretty excited to get it. :P 

It was a nice little phone for a while. I don't know what it was made of but I dropped it on the beach once and it gradually turned pink after that. Being in the early stages of secondary school at the time, this of course lead to much banter. I was the most fabulous kid in the class until I finally got a replacement.

This was my firs Nokia phone! i remember the first time i got this, i cant put my emotions at that time and was been addicted to it's game, "Snake" . the good thing about this phone is that it last for about 3 days before battery really drains!

... Experience of Formula 1!

For me it was around the age of 18, I was lying in bed with a hangover, recovering from the night before, when I channel flicked onto Itv. I'm pretty sure it was the Turkish Grand Prix and I remember thinking how amazing it was when they were going through turn 8 :)

Before then I'd never seen F1 on TV, and I'd never really known what it was. I knew the name Schumacher,  but that was all. After then it became a regular thing for me to watch while nursing a hangover lol.

My first experience of F1 was in the 90's the year Mansell was champion back in 92. I think I may have seen 1 or 2 races before then but that's when it reeled me in and I've been a big fan of the sport ever since. My Grandad was I think part of the reason as he was a big fan of the sport as well.

My dad is a fan since the Senna days so I don't really remember when I saw F1 for the first time, maybe I was only a baby :p

Probably around 2002, my dad watched F1 and i'd watch it sometimes. Each year i started watching it more and more and now i'm a bit of a geek...

I think I was loosely watching it from about 1988 or 89. I remember Berger's firey crash at Imola in 89.

At school in about 1991 I did a presentation on English class about F1, drawing all the circuits on the board. Many people were surprised that there were that many races! Then again, it was the days when F1 was covered as part of Grandstand on the BBC, and wasn't often shown live.

My first experience of F1 was watching Ayrton Senna's crash on the news, i was in shock because i was a fan of his games on the mega drive i was 13 at the time, also remember my dad going to the 85 or 86 Adelaide GP.

Australian GP 2002. Dad brought home one of those race programs and I was fascinated by it. I think I ended up watching parts of that race with dad. 

For me it was around the age of 18, I was lying in bed with a hangover, recovering from the night before, when I channel flicked onto Itv. I'm pretty sure it was the Turkish Grand Prix and I remember thinking how amazing it was when they were going through turn 8 :)

Before then I'd never seen F1 on TV, and I'd never really known what it was. I knew the name Schumacher,  but that was all. After then it became a regular thing for me to watch while nursing a hangover lol.
You woke up with a hangover, shock horror. :p

My first experience of F1 was when I was 4 or 5. Think I got most excited when they crashed, as I didn't know they could get hurt or worse... :#

First race I remember watching is the 2000 Australian GP when I was 3 years old! Don't think I watched many more races that year but my Dad got me the 2000 Season Review tape and I remember watching that and loving it. So been a fan since then and started watching every race in 2002 or 2003 I think

Hughesy said:

You woke up with a hangover, shock horror. :p

My first experience of F1 was when I was 4 or 5. Think I got most excited when they crashed, as I didn't know they could get hurt or worse... :#

Same here! :D

My first race was the 2007 Italian GP, my Grandad wasn't a major F1 fan but liked to check every now and then how "the boy" Hamilton was doing. I can remember he put it on and Hamilton was in the escape road at the first chicane :p 

I can't really remember how I got into it, just started watching more and more races each season, I remember Brazil 2008 really well but not many others pre 2009. I've watched/listened to every race since 2011.

Right so this was my first phone:

It was my mums old one that I got after she upgraded :D It was so awesome at the time to me. 

My first F1 experience:

Well I had watched races in 2005 and 2006 but I remember very little about them. I do remember Imola 2006 a bit, with Alonso following Schumacher for a while I think. The first season I remember watching fully was 2007, which was awesome. I've watched each and every race since the start of 2007 except for the 2009 Turkish one, because we were on holiday.
The first race I actually went to was Silverstone 2009 with my Dad :D 

My first F1 race was the 1997 Hungarian Grand Prix. I remember my dad was enjoying how well Hill was doing in the Arrows and it got me interested. I then watched the rest of the season and then watched the VHS recordings of the first part of the season as well as a couple of races from previous years we still had recorded. Then I had the old Playstation when it released, got the F1 game based on the 1995 season and then I've watched every single race since.

My first F1 race was the 1997 Hungarian Grand Prix. I remember my dad was enjoying how well Hill was doing in the Arrows and it got me interested. I then watched the rest of the season and then watched the VHS recordings of the first part of the season as well as a couple of races from previous years we still had recorded. Then I had the old Playstation when it released, got the F1 game based on the 1995 season and then I've watched every single race since.

Yeah I remember that race well too. Hill always seemed to go well at that track got his first race win there I believe a few years earlier. I tend to go well there too when I race there in my F1 games. Almost won that race in the Arrows as well which was no easy task given the Arrows was never a great car. Had it not broke down in those final laps he would have I believe

First full race would of been sometime in 2009, I think it was Spa.  My first full season would have been 2010. Decided after a few races that I'd support Mercedes due to the fact that I'm part German and I like the colour silver. #ISupportedTheTeamBeforeItWasCool.