Tired of the Incompetence, tired of wasting my time.

Posted (edited)

I have played this since inception.  I, like all of us have suffered through the debacle of updates.  As the failures of each update mount, and the legacy bugs and glitches linger and remain, we get the onslaught of hacks and cheaters.  We get Baku redo.  We get laps of 55 seconds in Spain, we get F1 Money Hacks.  During the midst of each and everyone of these failures, we get the opportunity to join a VIP Membership and Purchase a 2019 Season Pass.  We aren't treated like VIP's, instead we are treated to lazy, incompetent coding, and a defeatist stance as the white flag is raised against the cheats and hacks.  We are treated so poorly by this group, with such disdain, that they continue to attempt to pry more of our time and money from us.  I contacted Support, I detailed issues, I gave my time.  Frame rates so poor I can draw quicker with crayons, 435KMH Straight up in the air, Hung on the first corner at Spa as opponent accelerates down the track, accelerator pressed as I have done thousands of times only there is no acceleration, no power.  I then dared to scold on support.  I spent even more time. I told them I was giving them a week to fix something, anything.  Their response is to fix it so I can no longer contact support.  So many of us have begged and pleaded with this group to make a game worth playing, worth our time, and in some, money.  Instead we are promised a unicorn, a magic elixir that will cure all of this silly games ills.  All we have to do is watch more and more advertisements, pay for the illustrious VIP or Season Pass to get the elusive Gold paint.  My time is not a microtransaction.  My time is not to be wasted on something as broken as this game.

IMG_0041.png

Edited by Hellion21
Add more failures
  • Agree 2

There's a growing number of people here saying similar things. I think most of us are the original launch group of players. It's been at least two weeks since I last played this game. I'll wait and see what the next update brings, but I don't have high hopes. This game also takes up a huge amount of space on my phone and it's slowly reaching delete status. The huge amount of problems have the devs constantly on their back foot and it's pretty clear that this game will never be "right." 

It sometimes feel that we, the players from version 1 were the Guinea pigs. We did the testing while they worked out the most efficient way to generate income. If I downloaded this game now as a new player, I'd be stoked. I'd buy a car, VIP passes and a pile of credits, sure in the knowledge that soon I'd be out of League 8 and on my way to the top. And golly gee and wow! I wonder what happens when I have all those epic parts in League 1?? Well, sorry kid. Nothing happens. You're never a winner. There is no first place, nor a prize at the end. You get nothing for reaching League 1. You just stall on 9,999 trophies and keep doing 1 lap Qualifying duels. Over and over. And keep repeating it.

5 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

It sometimes feel that we, the players from version 1 were the Guinea pigs. We did the testing while they worked out the most efficient way to generate income. If I downloaded this game now as a new player, I'd be stoked. I'd buy a car, VIP passes and a pile of credits, sure in the knowledge that soon I'd be out of League 8 and on my way to the top. And golly gee and wow! I wonder what happens when I have all those epic parts in League 1?? Well, sorry kid. Nothing happens. You're never a winner. There is no first place, nor a prize at the end. You get nothing for reaching League 1. You just stall on 9,999 trophies and keep doing 1 lap Qualifying duels. Over and over. And keep repeating it.

That's why I don't understand what the subscription is for exactly. You can easily top out at 9999 without it. You don't need it for R&D. I regularly beat people with a car rated at 1050. Replaying the events? The top times are so unattainable that you'll never top them. You don't even get more rewards if you do manage to find that extra 1 second. It's pointless.

I started over after loosing everything in the update.  The game is much more fun at the lower levels. Many more real opponents.  Bot's are mostly tame and passable, i often finish 1st again with a 451 PI car, mostly aero.

Advancing a league every 10-15 races.  Win ratio is 85%, experience helps. And I'm sure the red racing line is hurting the new players.  I typically finish 2+ seconds ahead even when they have a much higher PI car.

2 hours ago, StKnowhere said:

I started over after loosing everything in the update.  The game is much more fun at the lower levels. Many more real opponents.  Bot's are mostly tame and passable, i often finish 1st again with a 451 PI car, mostly aero.

Advancing a league every 10-15 races.  Win ratio is 85%, experience helps. And I'm sure the red racing line is hurting the new players.  I typically finish 2+ seconds ahead even when they have a much higher PI car.

So it boils down to the verdict that all the game is good for is killing time. There are no reasons to win, just as there are no reasons to reach the top with its XP Points, 9,999 trophies, bonus liveries and Safety Ratings. 

6 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

So it boils down to the verdict that all the game is good for is killing time. 

I’m glad you didn’t say “fun” because looking around this forum and the reddit threads, nobody is having any fun.  It is too much of a beat down, to even start the game up. 

8 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

So it boils down to the verdict that all the game is good for is killing time. There are no reasons to win, just as there are no reasons to reach the top with its XP Points, 9,999 trophies, bonus liveries and Safety Ratings. 

I think it says a lot that the goal in these races is not to win the actual race. Has anyone ever really come in first place in a duel? I don't think I ever have.

I'm finishing first 80% of the time since restarting.

A little bit of aero and knowing the tracks goes a long way.

I routinely finished first and I must say, I enjoyed the the extra awards and accolades............sigh, it just doesn't matter.