FINALLY, GRID 2019!

So hyped was only thinking about another Grid game the other day.

I really hope it is like OG Grid, loved that game so much!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, slideweight said:

Are you going to lock your paying customers out of the ability to play the main mode of the game unless they're online again?

I'm sure we'd all rather know now instead of mere days before release.

I'm just as glad GRID is back as you guys are but I'm not going to let that cloud the reality of CM's tactics lately.

You'll be able to play offline. 🙂 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ferrethead81 said:

It better have cockpit view.

Detailed one like this of DR 2.0 and not like that blury **** like in GAS..

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

IGN made a video with very bad quality... They even fail at making videos lol... Cockpits look low quality too...

Codemasters should have gave me access to the game to deliver highest YT quality in vp9 315...

Edited by Ak1504
  • Disagree 1

Cockpit view is dark and not detailed again like in GAS , but this is not big problem for me as i dont use it often , also i would like to see nationality flags over cars for both online and offline like in previous GRID games..

Gameplay looks near Grid 1 which i love , looks promising to me.. 🙂

Chances are IGN only had console dev copy or video to 'manage expectations' either way, its a long time coming and for the few of us who still play on a Friday night its fantastic news. 

Tried leaving to go play project cars 2 but replays showed how bad net-code was, I hope there is replay in Grid and the netcode is good enough that you don't hit cars that are not visible to you!

Posted (edited)

For those curious what "Group 7 Specials" means:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_7_(racing)

Think of things like this, it's probably the class of cars we'll see in GRID:

Image result for group 7 racing

They've been in Forza games for a while now and are both brutal and fun to drive.

Edited by PJTierney

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

For those curious what "Group 7 Specials" means:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_7_(racing)

Think of things like this, it's probably the class of cars we'll see in GRID:

Image result for group 7 racing

They've been in Forza games for a while now and are both brutal and fun to drive.

Just like the 'Prototype' class is for modern prototypes (I would guess), Group 7 is for the classics.

9 hours ago, scottishwildcat said:

Hurray! Drifting has no place in racing games.

Wrong.

What you meant to say was "I have no interest in drifting"... and that's fine, but some of us do want drifting in a general racing game.

7 hours ago, Ak1504 said:

IGN made a video with very bad quality... They even fail at making videos lol... Cockpits look low quality too...

Codemasters should have gave me access to the game to deliver highest YT quality in vp9 315...

So....what’s with this getting points for airtime etc? That’s very disappointing to see. Grid isn’t supposed to be Forza Horizon. 

Guess I’ll check my expectations until it releases. 

I guess that my hopes to see a GT Sport-like title on PC will remain hopes, But I'm still curious to see this upcoming title. I don't like those points too

will the points system be in single player only,i dont mind that but i wouldnt want it implemented into online racing..just keep everything as racedriver  grid and it will be a sure winner

Posted (edited)

RACECRAFT – An innovative moment-to-moment scoring system that rewards players for technical, skilful or brave racing. Players can earn points from teammates, rivals and nemesis drivers to improve their score both offline and online

Edited by Ak1504

On 5/22/2019 at 5:27 AM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

You'll be able to play offline. 🙂 

But is the career mode offline now? This was not the case with DiRT Rally 2.0.

On 5/22/2019 at 8:17 PM, Ak1504 said:

Official Document from the Koch Media press server !

https://presse.kochmedia.com/de/GRID-rast-zuruck-auf-die-Rennpiste

I just tried looking this up again and it seems the fact sheet has been removed. Perhaps codemasters are trying to bury it in a hole until the game release to fool as many people as possible into thinking they are getting more out of the game. To late for some I guess but plenty more will get sucked in.

• Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AaronDix said:

I just tried looking this up again and it seems the fact sheet has been removed. Perhaps codemasters are trying to bury it in a hole until the game release to fool as many people as possible into thinking they are getting more out of the game. To late for some I guess but plenty more will get sucked in.

They may have removed it due to orders from the company (administrator, game developer orders). If they did not intend for the fact sheet to be out there yet, they may reserve the right to remove it. The full fact sheet is still available on this post though (at the time of this response), so people still have time to judge from it.

Edited by CordedQuill
More Information, and Clarification
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, AaronDix said:

It´s still there... Bottom of the GRID page at https://presse.kochmedia.com...

Latest version is v2: GRID_Fact_Sheet_FINAL_v2.pdf

Changes are:

- Added GRID Logo

- Removed: "Over 70 cars"

- Car subcategories removed from the classes overview ( Why replace something to offer less information ? )

- Removed Google Stadia from Release Formats List

- Replaced Standard and Ultimate editions release dates with "Release: From 10th September 2019"    ( Why replace something to offer less information ? ) 

- Replaced "Ultimate Edition" with "Deluxe Edition" and updated content list...  ( Actually theres only a Ultimate version lol... Fact Sheet V3 incoming ^^ )

Screenshot_32.thumb.jpg.f98ef732119789344c54c3f36b7e6bca.jpg

Edited by Ak1504
  • Disagree 1