Jump to content

F12019 Frame Rate on consoles

Recommended Posts

Hello there,

Is there any information about fps on consoles? Will the game run in 60fps on both console versions (PS4Pro/OneX vs regular PS4/XOne)?

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

F1 2018 was 60fps on both enhanced consoles. There's no reason why you shouldn't expect that to be the case for F1 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HDR10 said:

F1 2018 was 60fps on both enhanced consoles. There's no reason why you shouldn't expect that to be the case for F1 2019.

The recommended specs for PC between 2018 and 2019 jumped considerably.  To the point where I've got serious reservations about what us console users will actually get as a final product.

With the minimum specs....lets take a look.

8gb of RAM....... all consoles have this

i3 2130 cpu......... the mobile cpus in consoles aren't even close.  Obviously there are efficiencies with the way consoles are made to bring it closer.....maybe/hopefully.

GTX640 GPU......... equivalent GPU for PS4 = Radeon HD 7850, Xbox 1S = Radeon HD 7790 ........so consoles meet this spec.

I could be wrong as I'm no PC genius, but I though the frame rate was dependent on the cpu more than a GPU (someone with more knowledge please chime in).  If this is the case, frame rates would be a valid concern on the consoles given what we've seen of the min PC specs.  Again I could be waaay off the mark here.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ferrethead81 said:

The recommended specs for PC between 2018 and 2019 jumped considerably.  To the point where I've got serious reservations about what us console users will actually get as a final product.

With the minimum specs....lets take a look.

8gb of RAM....... all consoles have this

i3 2130 cpu......... the mobile cpus in consoles aren't even close.  Obviously there are efficiencies with the way consoles are made to bring it closer.....maybe/hopefully.

GTX640 GPU......... equivalent GPU for PS4 = Radeon HD 7850, Xbox 1S = Radeon HD 7790 ........so consoles meet this spec.

I could be wrong as I'm no PC genius, but I though the frame rate was dependent on the cpu more than a GPU (someone with more knowledge please chime in).  If this is the case, frame rates would be a valid concern on the consoles given what we've seen of the min PC specs.  Again I could be waaay off the mark here.

You can't go based off of PC specs. There's 0% chance they go back to 30fps after being 60fps on the enhanced consoles last year. There's no reason to worry.

 

If anything, it should run even better this time around, without some of the screen tearing that was present in F1 2017 and F1 2018 on console, since they've had 2 years to work on this game, and since they've got a better handle on developing for the enhanced consoles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, joserdcosta said:

I hope it is something related with the recording but doesn't seem to be 60fps. What are your impressions?

https://youtu.be/mii2tVXw_t8

 

It seems wors in the rain.

But, we do see more gameplay...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems a bit worse yes. I think the video was recorded with regular PS4 (not pro) because the 1080p60 option is not available on video properties. Even though it seems the fps is not stable as it was in F1 2018. Maybe someone from codies could say something.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, joserdcosta said:

Seems a bit worse yes. I think the video was recorded with regular PS4 (not pro) because the 1080p60 option is not available on video properties. Even though it seems the fps is not stable as it was in F1 2018. Maybe someone from codies could say something.

Its still work in progress so fps issues is normal. I believe they will  optimaze the game on launch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My experience so far on my PS4 (not pro) is that the fps is mostly fine, but definitely has moments where the odd frame is dropped. It doesn't ruin the playability but it is noticeable. Something I'd expect to be ironed out as the post-launch patches roll in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just in the Rewind function you have framerate issues, otherwise it runs smooth as it can get mate

PS4 pro

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played a quick race with F2 cars in Bahrain with a standard PS4 and the frame rate was something like 35frs its a joke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason I had terrible FPS yesterday.  PS4Pro, career, China in the cockpit.  Was almost unplayable.  Had to be less than 30fps.  Baku wasn't much better.  

Prior to yesterday I thought it ran very smoothly indeed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frame rate is consistently 60fps on Xbox One X in every game mode and every situation. No screen tearing either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xbox One FPS is always struggling when AI or other multiplayer cars are driving into the pit. 

Edited by FIE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pleasantly surprised by the frame rate on my standard PS4. Seems to run pretty smoothly most of the time. Turning motion blur off also doesn't seem to affect the FPS (still, I switch it back on). 

There's some tearing in places if you turn the car slowly but during normal conditions it's not noticeable. Good stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Digital Foundry released their comparison video for the game, and they confirm that frame rate drops only occur on PS4 Pro and the base PS4 and Xbox One.

Xbox One X runs at a locked 60fps throughout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×