Sign in to follow this  

Weekly challenge - stage time of minus 81:24.715 ????

Collecting my credits for this week I saw something strange on top of the leaderboards for vehicle class «Up to 2000cc». The winner has a stage time of -81:24.715 using the Citroen C4. Number 2 on the list has the time 31:45.002 which is a difference of +113:09.717 !!! 

Same guy has done the same thing in yesterday´s daily in same class «Up to 2000cc», same car Citroen C4 with a winning time of -14:24.974 which is +21:36.229 better than number 2 on the list which has the time of 07:11.255 !!!

Is there something wrong with the car or is it some kind of cheat? 😞

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, ianism said:

hmm well either a bug or a cheater

Look from which country he is and you will have answer. They even cheating in RBR...

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

30 minutes ago, virgism said:

Look from which country he is and you will have answer. They even cheating in RBR...

Thaaat's kind of offensive. Please don't generalize like that.

Besides - do you know a way to install a cheating software on PS4? Not an easy task.

Need further investigation though.

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, AlekseiL said:

Thaaat's kind of offensive. Please don't generalize like that.

Besides - do you know a way to install a cheating software on PS4? Not an easy task.

Need further investigation though.

they're on PC!

or at least, I'm on PC and I can see their username instead of Dirt Player

Edited by ianism

My photo is from ps4. He was on a few events with negatives winning them all lol

If they have more than 1 instance of negative times, I'm going to say it is due to an exploit the driver is abusing. This is both a bug and cheating, though I don't know anyone who has posted a way to reproduce this bug for abuse. Looks like someone finally has worked out how to repro it thouigh... at least these will be easy enough for CM to clean up, pretty obvious exploit to flag

Edited by Mike Dee
  • Agree 1

Just now, Bobby1976 said:

Maybe try driving a whole stage in reverse? lol

I was thinking that like ready player one. He reversed at the start and found a short cut. Lmao

• Haha 1

Definitely a bug... he isn't driving a C4, he is driving a flying DeLorean...

If that was cheating, like HACKING-cheating, he would probably not bait himself for a ban with negative results. He'd be more subtle 🙂

That's probably some bug that he encountered and then figured out how to reproduce and did it just for lulz - like, it's sometimes fun to figure bugs and exploits out.

MAYBE he's even was moving so slow, that he's going out of memory for time? It's like if you adding time to the value, you'll eventually end up with a negative number. People who know a little bit about programming will understand what I'm talking about 🙂

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Dominic0 said:

My photo is from ps4. He was on a few events with negatives winning them all lol

that is interesting, because that means his username is visible cross-platform, which shouldn't be possible

3 hours ago, ianism said:

that is interesting, because that means his username is visible cross-platform, which shouldn't be possible

Why is he a pc player? 

9 hours ago, ianism said:

I though that too, but today i used the cross-platform option and i had some new players in the timetables with their names shown. I'm on ps4

7 hours ago, Dominic0 said:

Why is he a pc player? 

no idea. might be.

I thought he was because when I went in-game I saw his name too (I'm on PC). you can only see the usernames of players on the same platform. everyone else just appears as Dirt Player with their flag

1 hour ago, Opassac said:

I though that too, but today i used the cross-platform option and i had some new players in the timetables with their names shown. I'm on ps4

hmm, ok. that's kind of weird.

Edited by ianism