Sign in to follow this  

F1 Officail TV Hud while watching TV ( Replay )

From what little I seen on YouTube it appears theirs no Official HUD wilst watching TV ( Replay ) which is what it was designed for,

only when racing you get the HUD :classic_wacko: makes zero sence, all info you need should be avaible from the wheel LCD or by asking your engineer, 

have the wheel LCD info been updated so we got different menus ?, or has this been ignored again like the lolly pop lights, and Silverstone GP pole position no start light visible.

@Codemasters can you confirm or deny this please, I understand Forza arcade style doo doo makes dollar's, but thier still a few if only a very few that like realism ( sorry didn't mean to swear ) in F1.

• Like 2

They should use all official broadcast graphics! HUD should be optional for everybody. But I want to know who is leading, who ist last, where I am, who is around. I want to see all 20 Drivers with their short initials (HAMILTON -> HAM). The HUD looks similar year by year on the Basis of the structure which is the same. They put just the official font in and some bad replica "official" graphics for fastest laps, but it has nothing to do with the official graphics which we known from television. It's not that what we want since years. It's finally time to get it. They should look at the concepts here in the community. They should listen to us. The majority do not want to have the replica Codemasters HUD.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, FIE said:

They should use all official broadcast graphics! HUD should be optional for everybody. But I want to know who is leading, who ist last, where I am, who is around. I want to see all 20 Drivers with their short initials (HAMILTON -> HAM). The HUD looks similar year by year on the Basis of the structure which is the same. They put just the official font in and some bad replica "official" graphics for fastest laps, but it has nothing to do with the official graphics which we known from television. It's not that what we want since years. It's finally time to get it. They should look at the concepts here in the community. They should listen to us. The majority do not want to have the replica Codemasters HUD.

Am talking about replay only, TV Hud should not be displayed wilst racing, it takes up resources than people complain of graphic issues 😕 

each to thier own, but why do you want to know who first or last ?, it makes no difference to your race, you can ask your engineer whos in front of you or behide etc thats all you need.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 5

2 hours ago, scottishwildcat said:

Please don't bump threads, it's against the forum rules.

Please don't post a reply, unless its a valid contribution to add to the thread, thankyou.

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 6

Something which would be good, while you are in the garage during qualifying, watching the cars an option of a full screen

Edited by DANDREWTHOMSON

On 5/28/2019 at 9:42 PM, DANDREWTHOMSON said:

Something which would be good, while you are in the garage during qualifying, watching the cars an option of a full screen

Would be nice to have some sort of insight @Codemasters, but well just have to wait and see.

On 5/28/2019 at 10:42 PM, DANDREWTHOMSON said:

This. I hope we can maximize the window of the live tv feed

Edited by AllenB2609

7 hours ago, AllenB2609 said:

This. I hope we can maximize the window of the live tv feed

I'll be honest and say I don't even see the point of this whole live TV feed myself. I haven't sat there and just watched it for a while when in garage I must admit but when I have, every car is just the same. Same line, same smooth motion just a bit faster or slower. I don't think I ever sat there and watched the AI act human-like where they'd lock up and then abort a lap or get it wrong and crash or get blocked or really wrestle the car throwing it into corners to get the absolute most out of the car so it just bores me and is a waste of processing power IMO.

The only things I can get from this live feed is if I was a newbie, seeing what a good line around a track is if I'm unsure of how to take corners (I basically know all tracks so this is useless for me), how the AI may be using ERS and speed traps (which lets face it, should be a given leaderboard somewhere that makes more sense anyways). Other than that it's pointless.

If we have to have it, I'd love for it to be that if you were in garage on a different screen and there was an incident or even your rival is on a PB or fastest lap, an icon or prompt would pop up for you to press and flip to the live feed to see what the big action was all about. Maybe even shows a replay like live TV of an incident you may have missed? Otherwise get rid and use the extra power/memory for something more useful.

2 hours ago, martbloke said:

I'll be honest and say I don't even see the point of this whole live TV feed myself. I haven't sat there and just watched it for a while when in garage I must admit but when I have, every car is just the same. Same line, same smooth motion just a bit faster or slower. I don't think I ever sat there and watched the AI act human-like where they'd lock up and then abort a lap or get it wrong and crash or get blocked or really wrestle the car throwing it into corners to get the absolute most out of the car so it just bores me and is a waste of processing power IMO.

The only things I can get from this live feed is if I was a newbie, seeing what a good line around a track is if I'm unsure of how to take corners (I basically know all tracks so this is useless for me), how the AI may be using ERS and speed traps (which lets face it, should be a given leaderboard somewhere that makes more sense anyways). Other than that it's pointless.

If we have to have it, I'd love for it to be that if you were in garage on a different screen and there was an incident or even your rival is on a PB or fastest lap, an icon or prompt would pop up for you to press and flip to the live feed to see what the big action was all about. Maybe even shows a replay like live TV of an incident you may have missed? Otherwise get rid and use the extra power/memory for something more useful.

I disagree. For simulation type players the live tv feed is very important. I just wish there was a way to change to fullscreen with the official hud in place to watch the other cars when in garage.

Edited by AllenB2609

24 minutes ago, AllenB2609 said:

I disagree. For simulation type players the live tv feed is very important. I just wish there was a way to change to fullscreen with the official hud in place to watch the other cars when in garage.

Intrigued to know but how is it very important for sim players? Are we talking multiplayer because single player I don't see what value it adds to a sim player.

12 hours ago, martbloke said:

Intrigued to know but how is it very important for sim players? Are we talking multiplayer because single player I don't see what value it adds to a sim player.

yeah, as a singleplayer important. I love to watch the other cars while in practice and qualifying when I'm in garage and not running laps. I want to follow them and enjoy the graphics how they race on the track. They even do mistakes sometimes. It just gives you a more "realistic" feeling like watching the sessions in TV, therefore I would love it if we could change to a fullscreen instead of the small window on the left side.

• Agree 2

T-Minus 2 weeks, 

If you can add Forza paint by numbers, and Forza I dont know what to call that doo doo all over the screen wilst your racing, apart from a DISTRACTION,

Theirs no reason why we cant have Official TV Hud during replays. which is what its designed for,

I want my vision filled will whos in last place, and coloured arrows floating around so I feel am dizzy, SAID NO F1 Driver EVER.

1 hour ago, AScott said:

T-Minus 2 weeks, 

If you can add Forza paint by numbers, and Forza I dont know what to call that doo doo all over the screen wilst your racing, apart from a DISTRACTION,

Theirs no reason why we cant have Official TV Hud during replays. which is what its designed for,

I want my vision filled will whos in last place, and coloured arrows floating around so I feel am dizzy, SAID NO F1 Driver EVER.

Go buy your own F1 car/team and race that, problem solved. This is a game. Get over it! 👊

• Haha 1