Welcome to the new GRID

This looks way better than the Xbox video, because trees don't flicker with shadows popping in and colors aren't washed out.

16 hours ago, Sir.Smoke said:

Some more footage with Mitsubishi evo in Havana at night abd Okutamain rain 

• Like 1

It is a little pity that recently they show us Career footage. I would like to discover this mode by myself but now actually it doesn't matter anymore. Now I realised that I had seen some previous videos, which showed this aspect of the game. 😒 Out on occasion I can say that the Career mode looks really interestingly so the gameplay will be cool, I will spend some cool time with this title. 😊

2 hours ago, Miatakias_GR said:

Some more footage with Mitsubishi evo in Havana at night abd Okutamain rain 

After watching this I have got the feeling that our pit chief doesn't give a damn about whether we have won the race or haven't. I remember these happy announcements from 'Racedriver GRID', which added satisfaction of winning the race/championship. And here? Nothing. Just classic 1st on screen and that is it. Fortunately, only this sucks and I can always turn this rubbish off. Besides, his talking doesn't make any sense so why would I listen to him during the race?

3 hours ago, TheWalker17 said:

Silverstone is here

1385075678_grid2.jpg.9f915c21f701ba2c301

1291887356_grid3.jpg.f80fc98a36b43537580

568307269_grid1.jpg.c21ad4fe30f49eb2a252

Looks nice i like the variation if sky.. Weather is the most interesting addition in new Grid for me.. 

Today GRID team shows how Time Attack looks like. Besides, there is rather nothing more new. Maybe cars shown in this video. There is said that in Freeplay you can choose any car and any track available in the game. But personally it would be nice if we could create freeplay cups like it is in 'GRID Autosport' and 'GRID 2', so choosing more than one track and randomising them. In Freeplay I don't want to wonder which from more than 90 tracks I want to race.

The main thing to take out of that video is that Multiplayer will only have custom lobbies.

• Agree 1

On 9/6/2019 at 3:30 PM, Sir.Smoke said:

The main thing to take out of that video is that Multiplayer will only have custom lobbies.

He says that you can invite or join friends or random players in random tracks so i guess this is  playlist like grid Autosport and second choice is custom lobbies.. So these shity playlist exist in game.. 😞

Edited by Miatakias_GR

Quick mode should be a series of events chosen by Codies, you go there and play. Then there will be custom lobbies

On 9/6/2019 at 8:05 AM, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Today GRID team shows how Time Attack looks like. Besides, there is rather nothing more new. Maybe cars shown in this video. There is said that in Free play you can choose any car and any track available in the game. But personally it would be nice if we could create free play cups like it is in 'GRID Autosport' and 'GRID 2', so choosing more than one track and randomizing them. In Free play I don't want to wonder which from more than 90 tracks I want to race.

You actually can!

Up to 6 races can be chosen, one after the other.

1 hour ago, CordedQuill42 said:

You actually can!

Up to 6 races can be chosen, one after the other.

Hmm...aren't that rounds on one circuit? As I saw, there is number of rounds, not races. But if you really can choose up to 6 races, here: rounds, like it was in GAS (up to 5 but whatever, same thing actually.) and randomise them, I will be extremely happy because it is my favourite feature in Freeplay mode because I don't want to choose particular track from the list of 90 and more tracks because I would like to create custom championships quickly and I would like not to know, what to race because then it would be more realistic somehow... I don't know, what to say yet. Just let they add 'Randomise Event' option in Freeplay mode. That is it.

There's finally a video coming up with details about multiplayer... 

Can't wait. The life of any game is very closely related to what it offers online. I hope Codemasters will not disappoint.

Edited by Boyan

A question for Codemasters:

I've just snapped up a copy of Grid Autosport - a game i've never played before due to the timing of it's release and my move from X360 to XB1 - and although i'm only 10 seasons into the campaign it's turning out to be a much, much better game than I thouught it would be, so my question is as follows:

Apart from current gen visuals what does Grid 2019 have that Autosport doesn't? 

I'm curious to see how far the franchise has come in the 5 years.....

3 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Multiplayer, lobby settings and more:

GRID_20190827131944-1024x576.jpg

GRID_20190827131354-1024x576.jpg

http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/09/grid-multiplayer-modes-deep-dive/

Oh, Tierney. Honestly, I haven't expected to see you in 'GRID' part of forums. Out on occasion, do you know whether they plan to change something in Singleplayer Freeplay mode? So far, I know that we will be able to choose anything from whole the content from the game and race up to 6 rounds but only on 1 selected track what I don't like at all and personally I would prefer racing on more than 1 track at once and it would be brilliant if we could randomise them so maybe you could suggest something like that as you did something like that in 'DiRT Rally 2.0' and it is great because I haven't got to wonder, which races to race so I never really know, what I am going to race and it seems more realistic to me and... I don't know what to say yet. Hmm... Any ideas? Nevermind. Shortly, I just would like to have got randomise option like it is in your recent games.

10 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Oh, Tierney. Honestly, I haven't expected to see you in 'GRID' part of forums.

I've been playing racing games for over 20 years, so I would end up here eventually 😉

As for your suggestion, might be a good idea to drop it in here 😉

3 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I've been playing racing games for over 20 years, so I would end up here eventually 😉

As for your suggestion, might be a good idea to drop it in here 😉

Oh, 'If you had one wish'. Actually I had already put my wish here, which says about adding Kirk Thornton as a pit chief just like it is in 'Racedriver GRID' so it is one wish. I decided to include exactly that because I bet that randomising races will be something obvious and now I know that there is no something like that and I am not sure whether I can ask for one more wish. It would be good if I could.