Welcome to the new GRID

@PJTierney

Oh hey PJ! Do you happen to know anything about single-player Freeplay in GRID? Can we just pick any car, choose any of the default liveries and go race, if we want to?

• Agree 2

I've only seen very small bits of GRID so far since I'm on DiRT Rally 2.0 99% of the time.

There should be more videos going up in the coming weeks as the team's invited a bunch of the racing community to try it out 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I've only seen very small bits of GRID so far since I'm on DiRT Rally 2.0 99% of the time.

There should be more videos going up in the coming weeks as the team's invited a bunch of the racing community to try it out 🙂 

I am also on 'DiRT Rally 2.0' 99% of the time. 😁

• Thanks 1

Reading this infos about mp http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/09/grid-multiplayer-modes-deep-dive/   i have started being anxious about some things... According this text there is quick match which probably is the known  Playlist from Grid 2/GAS with preset tracks / cars /events by devs...  Personally i dont like them and prefer custom lobbies... The second choice is private match ,  means that you can only invite friends or dudes that  you are in same club but not join you random players? If its like that ts a total disaster and reason for not buying the game... Might i got  anything wrong?  Skirmish idea is not bad though demo derby should be a normal mode in games as in previous grid games.. Please lets someone make it clean,  is there classic custom lobby system, which you  set your own rules /tracks /cars and ANY players can join you through a custom lobbies list or not?  

Updated :Ok in private matches picture there is an option "session privacy" abd is selected : "only friends"  probably means you can turn it to "public"  and everyone can join you... I hope uts like that! 

Edited by Miatakias_GR

I hope there are MP Playlists like in GAS. I don´t like to join someones custom lobby.

5 hours ago, Ak1504 said:

I hope there are MP Playlists like in GAS. I don´t like to join someones custom lobby.

Its about everyone's taste but i hate Playlist cause you play with specific cars in specific tracks + 3 standard flashbacks which Sucks,  damage visual only,  assist on that's not fun and it does not bring out Grid s franchise strong points which is damage,  intermediate driving (turning some or all assists off) and flashbacks destroy racing meaning... At list i hope the add hardcore Playlist like in grid 2

Oh man! Watch 2:14 of this (the second one) video carefully. What happened on this track??? 😳

Edited by kombajnkoszoncy

https://youtu.be/BQhb4QNl8Dg

Really good video that shows how fun the AI is. Just a shame the damage isn’t on par with the Grid series. Although tbf it’s work in progress and the devs have said damage isn’t finished. 

Edited by Bluestig

With the latest videos I really enjoy what I see and plan on having a great racing experience. A bit of a hiatus but a welcomed return nonetheless. Last thing I'm waiting to see is how Racenet manages things this time. 

17 hours ago, Miatakias_GR said:

GRID's new crash damage system tested and explained

So if I understood that correctly we can’t lose wheels? That’s disappointing. Can we atleast get punctures and misaligned buckled wheels?

Hi Codies. Is there a rearviev mirror for all the camera views? It wasnt in GAS at the begining and You added it after a community backslsh. Im hoping this is not the case here. 

And is slipstreaming present in the game? I was unable to clearly see it on the videos. 

Hey!! I looked at a lot of gameplay videos, most of them are chase cameras and cockpit with wheel and pilot's hands, and i found only one with the Dash cam (not cockpit, i mean the one a little bit closer to the windshield, without the steeringwheel).

Can anyone confirm there is the dash cam? and Codies, will it be customisable, like FOV and-or position?
Thanks a lot!

On 9/16/2019 at 9:26 AM, TonaZ said:

Hey!! I looked at a lot of gameplay videos, most of them are chase cameras and cockpit with wheel and pilot's hands, and i found only one with the Dash cam (not cockpit, i mean the one a little bit closer to the windshield, without the steeringwheel).

Can anyone confirm there is the dash cam? and Codies, will it be customisable, like FOV and-or position?
Thanks a lot!

Yes, there are dashboard cameras. Very few videos are showing them, but I've seen some from different cars.

There is a FOV slider, but no word on position, which should be a standard in 2019.

Edited by jesped

Hmh, F1 with frontlights for nightracing ? 

So what about " Tuner / World Time Attack Cars " ? They have no frontlights anymore, so what will they get for nightracing ?? 

GridNightF1FrontLights.JPG

GridLights.JPG

1 hour ago, Nr1Cobra said:

Hmh, F1 with frontlights for nightracing ? 

So what about " Tuner / World Time Attack Cars " ? They have no frontlights anymore, so what will they get for nightracing ?? 

GridNightF1FrontLights.JPG

GridLights.JPG

I think that frontlights will be included to these cars, something like in 'DiRT 3', where you could drive rallycross at night but rallycross cars hadn't got frontlights as standard so they were added for night race. Look.

Humble-Bundle-Presents-DiRT-3-Complete-Edition.thumb.jpg.df8d05e960b9c832b2a0a4e01cc6e714.jpg

1603671896_Beztytuu.thumb.png.04968aa2c3628bdbabf86bcf7c31bf8c.png

Thank God (or actually Codemasters GRID team) that we haven't got magical brakes while cutting the corner like it used to be in 2 recent 'GRID' games. 👍

Congratulations Codies. After 12 years of making games from 'GRID' series you know how to make penalties for corner cutting.*

*Do not read that as a sarcasm.

42 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Congratulations Codies. After 12 years of making games from 'GRID' series you know how to make penalties for corner cutting

Instead they forgot how to make trees, lightning and reflections...

• Disagree 2