Welcome to the new GRID

4 minutes ago, TonaZ said:

Yes i have something to ask. Do you have there at Codies some device to skip time 7 days? 

Yes, it's called "being a Youtuber with enough subscribers". 😂

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

33 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

The White Flag is out, People! There is one Week to go, before the new grid launches.

Any last thoughts, post them now. As soon as October 11th (October 8th for ultimate edition holders) hits you will enter a new experience #LikeNoOther

For those who watch F1, that's just a flag for a slow moving vehicle 😛 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Well, I was talking NASCAR. That is really funny tho.

In American Motorsport, The white flag is signals the final lap of the race.

Edited by CordedQuill42
LOL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UP100 said:

No, that's a blue flag. Just ask Vettel, he's knows all about it.

• Disagree 1

On 9/12/2019 at 6:13 PM, Miatakias_GR said:

Rubbing is racing but thats just mental. Are penalties in to stop this nonsense? This type of racing will kill the game online.

10 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

Rubbing is racing but thats just mental. Are penalties in to stop this nonsense? This type of racing will kill the game online.

People who crash into others will be isolated, no need to worry about the lack of clean racing.

• Agree 1

Couldn't agree more with you @FLAW3D, This type of behavior needs to be addressed and curtailed from day 1..

Hopefully @Sir.Smoke is right and such idiots will be isolated.

Or better yet how's about a vote to kick system like the one from Grid 1, it would get rid of idiots intent on mayhem and be based on the will of the majority of any lobby... If you wanna have a crashfest fine, just don't do it in a lobby of people intent on RACING, create your own mayhem lobby, see how many people stick around!

At least this way the ramming idiots will either as you say be isolated or just have to play with other like minded idiots.

I gave up on GAS because I got tired of being targetted for destruction, having my cars knackered to the point of having to be replaced before I even got them to level 50, being impersonated by cheats and hackers changing their steam name to something very close to my own (As also happened to many other honest and great racers) trying to ruin the reputations of some of the best players in the game who were routinely close to the top of the Racenet events.

I clearly remember 1 instance of hearing some idiot on a mic say "This guys far too good lemme see here...... Ok top 5 of the racenet challenge means he MUST be cheating! HEY RASTUS get ready to be +@!%$(£ UP!" There ensued a 5 race campaign by this player using the exact same cheats they accused me of using because in their opinion I was winning too much. No-one else in the session had ANY issue with me I wasn't hitting people, I wasn't trashmouthing people calling them noobs or anything, If someone asked if I WAS cheating I'd reply and suggest they sit out a race and watch what I was doing in order to learn better racing techniques.

I made many good friends this way in Grid 1, helping other players to get better, especially in drifting where for a brief period I was 2nd in the ESL 1 on 1 Drift ladder, 2nd only to OzPro.

OFC the ESL Drift ladder was killed off when some idiot cracked ver 1.3 and bypassed the anti-cheat/autokick system and completely ruined the game for EVERYONE. I actually knew the fool in question (He WAS among my Steam friends list) after they joined a drift session screaming "I cracked Grid 1 LOOK!" and proceeded to ram everyone in the lobby while spamming links to a website where he'd uploaded the cheat, I got insenced and told him "Thanks "PAL" You DO realise you've just completely RUINED the game for EVERYONE now the "accusers" can accuse ALL of us honest racers/drifters of cheating just to prove how CLEVER you are! Great move thanks for the web link I'll just report it to Codies and Steam and I hope they Sue your A** for the costs involved in creating ver 1.3. All their hard work ruined because you're an IDIOT and a FOOL!" I then duely reported them to Codies and Steam. Sadly the damage was already done......

The immitations and cheating/rammers beccame such an issue, particularly in GAS for some of us that there's a few things I really want to know.

How will Codies police the game? 

What sanctions will cheaters face?

How will Codies (And Steam) handle such deliberate malicious behavior?

Codies did a great job here in the forums to warn/ban persistent accusers determined to wreck reputations but, had no ability (or inclination) to shut them out of the game. I'm HOPING for a similar approach that T10, PGG and MS have taken in the Forza series. Cheat, use trainers, abuse glitches and they get banned from online pay for 30 years! ABOUT DARNED TIME IMO!!!!!

Despite all of the above I've pre-ordered in the hope we won't get a repeat of the above. I hope Bans are handed out for proven cheats. I hope there's a vote to kick disruptive players from lobbies> I hopethere's a method to report deliberate malicious behavior and most importantly that said reports are investigated and handled appropriately....

I can see such comprehensive answers rarely. This is really interesting and I hope it will be helpful and everyone, who have read that, will think it over. 'GRID' CANNOT be infected by cheaters or/and trolls. It would actually kill this game and hurt honest players. 🙂👍 

1 hour ago, SimRacingStudio said:

Any news on the udp telemetry specs?

A very good point, I'd hazard a guess it all depends on the depth of the tuning available D3 had limited tuning as did GAS. this method I would imagine wouldn't actually benefit from full telemetry as there's probably very little point.

On the other hand in depth tuning/telemetry would push the game into simulation territory e.g. Pcars 1 and 2 or Forza motorsport 7. the original grid didn't have any tuning which meant we all had exactly the same toys to play with making the game more about driver skill that tuning skill.

Having said that I just realised FH4 has the same level of tuning as FM7 but is definately arcade so who knows? 

I hope there is tuning personally as you can dial out failings of many cars by tuning the car to your own tastes... Bit late for such a thing to be added but still a great point made there.... 🙂

I just want to say HI to my old Grid/PC friends. Mattiakas the Greek, Rastus and Assiemodis who i saw on this forum, srry if i forget or didnt see other ones,. nice to see you all still there and go playing Grid.

Makes me think on the good and mostly great social times on the PC, thats what i miss on the PS4, but anyway iam downloading already the game and cant wait when i can play it on tuesday.

Greetz

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, 053 said:

I just want to say HI to my old Grid/PC friends. Mattiakas the Greek, Rastus and Assiemodis who i saw on this forum, srry if i forget or didnt see other ones,. nice to see you all still there and go playing Grid.

Makes me think on the good and mostly great social times on the PC, thats what i miss on the PS4, but anyway iam downloading already the game and cant wait when i can play it on tuesday.

Greetz

Hi 053 long to see you,  well come back ,  so are you downloading the game in PS4 or in Pc? 

Edited by Miatakias_GR

Hey mate Mia , on the PS4, my PC cant handle even Sonic Superstars atm 😜

Only 3 days remain (Including today) until Grid hits the stores.

Keep patient, you just need to wait a little longer before you can play.

14 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

So, will we do the final countdown? 🙂 

43 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

Except that the physical DVDPC (/Steam) version costs some 20 euros less than the Steam one, so I may have to wait an additional day if I'm going to pre-order it instead of just walking into a store 😕 

9 hours ago, 053 said:

Greetz

Hey dude Long time no see, good to know you're still around bud. Hope to see you on track if you're back on PC for this one 🙂

Posted (edited)

Now GRID2 looks more up to date! 🏁 :classic_laugh: 🏁

ghjghj.gif.d48c57ebaa29fd939843edbe22971a81.gif

Edited by lastbreath
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

@lastbreath

That is from Grid 2, Not The newest game. The photo you see is a modified GIF, and not representative of the real grid 2019 game

13 hours ago, lastbreath said:

ghjghj.gif.d48c57ebaa29fd939843edbe22971a81.gif

Dead Giveaways:

The track is Chicago: Lake Shore Point. (Chicago is not a track in Grid 2019, and the popup is from Grid 2)

I don't think the New Grid Cover photo appears in Grid 2. (Grid 2 was discontinued back on Autosport's launch)

Grid 2019 is not sponsored on ESPN, Rather it has its "Grid World Series" Badge

The World Series Racing Icons aren't even from Grid 2019. (Someone has forgot to remove them)

Edited by CordedQuill42

29 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

That is from Grid 2

He made that clear in his post dude, no need to jump on him like that as he clearly states it....

35 minutes ago, [SRS13]Rastus said:

He made that clear in his post dude, no need to jump on him like that as he clearly states it....

I saw that.

I just wanted to remind people that the photo is not grid 2019, but it is grid 2

4 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

I just wanted to remind people that the photo is not grid 2019, but it is grid 2

There was no need to as he quite clearly stated that lol....

i think people who love grid will love grid 2019. its really good. :classic_cool: