Welcome to the new GRID

Why is Grid £45 on Steam and £55 on Microsoft store? Considering it's exactly the same game and released at exactly the same time it seems to be an incredibly poor gesture towards those who buy it on consoles. And no, it's not Microsoft who set the prices on XBox marketplace - I've already had that conversation with customer support over a game that magically increased in price by £5 over the course of 24 hours. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lastbreath said:

Now GRID2 looks more up to date! 🏁 :classic_laugh: 🏁

ghjghj.gif.d48c57ebaa29fd939843edbe22971a81.gif

I wish Chicago was also in Grid 2019, by far my absolute favorite track in the previous games.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

Why is Grid £45 on Steam and £55 on Microsoft store? Considering it's exactly the same game and released at exactly the same time it seems to be an incredibly poor gesture towards those who buy it on consoles. And no, it's not Microsoft who set the prices on XBox marketplace - I've already had that conversation with customer support over a game that magically increased in price by £5 over the course of 24 hours. 

Console games are always more pricy then pc games. 

• Agree 1

Nice move, Codies, you've just deleted the most popular thread on forum without explaining!

So, we continue here.

GRID 2019. Lightning in Okutama. Daytime:

296209083_.png.963284a680a2e1866af77a3f1331d522.png

GRID2 (2013). Lightning in Okutama. Daytime:

1643347371_2.png.a75452b1839c5a77a816661feba6785a.png

6 years passed... Technologies made a huge step ahead. And so GRID did... Yes? Yes?

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)

Um... @lastbreath. Maybe try and keep it civil around here, it may have been removed due to the fact it got too big (Very hard to moderate!)

Although I asked @PJTierney about that. You will be the first to know the answer via Private Message.

My intention was that to inform others that take your photo and say, "Well this is the new grid?" and tell them it is from a past grid game. NOT attack you in any way. I am sorry if your feelings were hurt, but please be more descriptive when you post.

Edited by CordedQuill42
More info, NEED more info!

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

Um... @lastbreath. Maybe try and keep it civil around here, it may have been removed due to the fact it got too big (Very hard to moderate!)

Although I asked @PJTierney about that. You will be the first to know the answer via Private Message.

My intention was that to inform others that take your photo and say, "Well this is the new grid?" and tell them it is from a past grid game. NOT attack you in any way. I am sorry if your feelings were hurt, but please be more descriptive when you post.

The 'dirty gossip' thread is approaching 1,500 pages with over a million hits so size isn't the issue. I would hate to think that it's got something to do with censorship because Grid is going live tomorrow and it's not in the best interests of the game to have a thread like that hanging around. Quite disappointing really because I was looking forward to seeing which of the two warring factions would have had the honour of saying "I told you so" 😛 

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

CordedQuill42

Man this was the sense of the joke - that I put ads of new GRID into old GRID and said that now old GRID was more up to date, more modern. Noone was trying to say it was NEW GRID. I even wrote it before the gif! But you are so deep into arguing, that didn't see that!

_BorisTheFrog_

It's pure censorship. You're 100% right. And it only proves that they understand all that claims but have nothing to say.

Edited by lastbreath
  • Disagree 2

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, lastbreath said:

CordedQuill42

Man this was the sense of the joke - that I put ads of new GRID into old GRID and said that now old GRID was more up to date, more modern. Noone was trying to say it was NEW GRID. I even wrote it before the gif! But you are so deep into arguing, that didn't see that!

And I said that I never intended to attack you. I even said that I asked a community manager on why your Graphics thread was locked. Not everything that I say attacks a user over graphics. Of course I saw it, so I wrote a response, telling others that this is grid 2, not grid 2019.

Quit overreacting over a persons posts, please. But in all honesty, I did not see the description properly, sorry about that.

Edited by CordedQuill42
OK, is this good enough?

I'm not overreacting. You said:

40 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

be more descriptive when you post

But I clearly stated before the gif it was GRID2. How more clearer it could be? It's obvious you didn't read that, that's why you began to argue this is not GRID2019.

I'm not trying to be hostile. But you missed the description and now trying to hide your fail by saying I wasn't descriptive enough. Just say "sorry, I didn't see the description" and that's all. 

11 minutes ago, lastbreath said:

_BorisTheFrog_

It's pure censorship. You're 100% right. And it only proves that they understand all that claims but have nothing to say.

I do not think this is censorship, I already said that I asked a community manager on this matter, I do not think they delete threads for censorship. You might have to take a look at the forum rules again.

Its about time they did something. Now we can focus on the game itself and discuss things in a proper manner. 1 day away guys, I cant wait.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CordedQuill42 said:

I already said that I asked a community manager on this matter

I can tell you already you won't get an answer.

Like we didn't get it :)

Regarding the deleted thread:

4 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey! 

Just to let you know, it's pretty much impossible now to scrape this thread for constructive feedback that we can act upon as a team, as it's too clogged up with arguments and unnecessary comments, so I'm going to shut it down later. Feel free to start up a new thread for a similar discussion, which will be assessed if the communication between everyone is respectful, 

Couple of things to note which should cover the majority of content in here: 

- Everything you see pre-launch is using versions of a game that are without the customary launch patch, and are being run on the preferred devices/setups of those playing the game. For every video that doesn't look optimised performance-wise, there'll be one that does. We obviously look to present the game in its best possible format, and take on board feedback from players and viewers alike, if it's relevant to the actual state of the game, which we've already done. 

- As is the norm with this role, I'll be far more active on the Forums once the game has launched (tomorrow!) so I can work closely with those playing the game to ensure their voice is heard and their feedback is taken on board. Saw a few comments about how we purposely 'ignore' feedback, which always baffles me - it's literally counter-productive as a team for us to do so, and has no value whatsoever. So, we'll continue to take on the feedback that follows our guidelines and helps us make the game even better for everyone 🙂 

Thanks! 

As mentioned multiple times, constructive feedback is incredibly helpful, arguments, name-calling and infighting are not.

Also, it is not customary to discuss moderation in public. If a thread is locked, closed or deleted, moderators usually have a good reason for doing so.

This is the last post on the matter.

Now, let's get back on the topic at hand, GRID is launching tomorrow 😉

Looks like a certain Mr. Norris wants to play online 😄   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So, everything is clear: let's wait for a "customary launch patch" and will see

2 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

which of the two warring factions would have had the honour of saying "I told you so"

:classic_laugh:

And I want to remember for everyone that I wish to loose in that battle.

• Disagree 1

some people are saying the game is unlocking now does that mean the NDA is lifted early ?

5 hours ago, lastbreath said:

So, everything is clear: let's wait for a "customary launch patch" and will see

:classic_laugh:

And I want to remember for everyone that I wish to loose in that battle.

Well, I think you have 🙂

Assuming the plethora of new videos are from the retail copy then the PC version looks pretty nice - although I would like to see some more of the sunset racing because that didn't look too good at all. It's going to be interesting to see how it fares on consoles. 

So far i like it but i did not find custom lobbies list... There is only matchmaking and private that you invite friends or something... ChrisGrovesMCM tell me that you are gonna add custom lobbies list with any update... 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, lastbreath said:

Nice move, Codies, you've just deleted the most popular thread on forum without explaining!

So, we continue here.

GRID 2019. Lightning in Okutama. Daytime:

296209083_.png.963284a680a2e1866af77a3f1331d522.png

GRID2 (2013). Lightning in Okutama. Daytime:

1643347371_2.png.a75452b1839c5a77a816661feba6785a.png

6 years passed... Technologies made a huge step ahead. And so GRID did... Yes? Yes?

Weird. 

1 hour ago, Miatakias_GR said:

So far i like it but i did not find custom lobbies list... There is only matchmaking and private that you invite friends or something... ChrisGrovesMCM tell me that you are gonna add custom lobbies list with any update... 

Am I personally going to add custom lobby lists into the game? Probably not, as it's not really in my skill-set!

Will I note down your feedback in the list of community-driven mode/feature suggestions for our dev team? Absolutely 🙂 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, dgeesi0 said:

some people are saying the game is unlocking now does that mean the NDA is lifted early ?

Nope - as is the norm, GRID is launching at midnight across each territory for consoles, and at a set global time for PC 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Am I personally going to add custom lobby lists into the game? Probably not, as it's not really in my skill-set!

Will I note down your feedback in the list of community-driven mode/feature suggestions for our dev team? Absolutely 🙂 

No sorry bad English i meant devs to add custom lobbies,  there were in all previous games why not in  new grid?  So you confirm there is not lobbies list in custom games? Its the first thing that must be added in mp... 

1 minute ago, Miatakias_GR said:

No sorry bad English i meant devs to add custom lobbies,  there were in all previous games why not in  new grid?  So you confirm there is not lobbies list in custom games? Its the first thing that must be added in mp... 

As announced in all our promotional stuff on all channels, on launch we have Quick Match with a curated list of race events, and Private Match where you can create your own events and invite friends in. It's not a secret. 🙂

As always, we'll take mode and feature suggestions on board! 

8 hours ago, lastbreath said:

I can tell you already you won't get an answer.

Like we didn't get it :)

Messaged you 🙂

• Like 1