Welcome to the new GRID

+1 for custom lobbys that everyone can browse through and join like in GRID Autosport 🙂

A must have feature for me 🙂

• Agree 3

Wow, it's missing ? How can there be a community if there is no list of lobbies ?

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, Sir.Smoke said:

Wow, it's missing ? How can there be a community if there is no list of lobbies ?

Yes there is not even playlist types to chose from like disciplines,  hardcore as in g2/gas,  no text chat ir spectator mode either...:classic_angry::classic_mellow:

2 hours ago, Sir.Smoke said:

game is a joke for online right now, such a shame. no lobbies, no vote no kick no tuning(?) maybe i didnt own car not sure on that dont quote me :)

but I dont think codies have AT ALL realised how much people want to play this ONLINE give us basic lobby functions FFS, or this game will be still born.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

I think the graphics are awesome! Not very good, they are awesome! Except for Okutama, which looks better than in the videos posted earlier, but still not good enough IMO regarding shadows, lighting, LOD switch. Rain is incredibly well done!

But why FOV adjustment only for cockpit cams?

Sound, very very good! Both engine and FX. Especially from cockpit view. Coupled with the gfx, it makes the game so much immersive!

The AI I do not like it much, but did not like it in GAS either (and in most games either I must admit 🙂 ) and I do not mind much, because I rarely race against it. But I think it needs an "Extremely hard" mode added and it should be made more aware of another car being in the racing line already...

Physics, handling, FFB, I think are good enough for this type of game.

Very disappointed with the missing dedicated time trial/leaderboards mode. There is this time attack mode that you can select instead of race, but that does not support loading ghost cars (or even our own), does not show leaderbords at all, until AFTER you finish your laps, it's counter-intuitive. There's another screen to view the leaderboards, but it's in the wrong place (under user profile), it is clumpsy to use and after you view a leaderboard, then the options always reset to default (Barcelona -Memorial run) instead of showing the previously selected.

Multiplayer, I agree right now it is not very playable, but might be better with more players tomorrow. Are servers always filled in with AI cars? Bad decision IMO, because of the point above, AI cars ram and throw you out of the track more than typical online rammers...I wold much prefer racing against only 3-4 human players, than with filling the grid with AI cars. And as mentioned above, we cannot select a server to join.

Finally, a bug report, not sure if it happens only to me, but the sound engineer does not get heard at all. When he is supposed to talk the volume of the other sounds goes down, but nothing gets heard and after a couple seconds the sound volume goes back to normal. I checked my audio settings, radio engineer sound is set to 10. Tried it in free race and online, have not tried career yet.

Conclusion, congrats for this game, it has huge potential, mostly very well done, but also needs some improvements I think. But first impressions are very positive, especially regarding gfx and sound!

(played on PC, with highest settings available)

Edited by cpcdem

7 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Nope - as is the norm, GRID is launching at midnight across each territory for consoles, and at a set global time for PC 🙂

For me and many (all?) other PC users, the game got unlocked last night, while it was still Monday the 7th :). I guess this was not done on purpose, but still thank you!

Posted (edited)

This post has been edited by a Moderator. Reason: The abusive quote has been removed, and therefore what I originally said no longer holds any weight.

A good reason for the thread getting closed was all that flaming and aggressive attacking of the developers. Also, Jesped created a new thread because the old one got locked. So post there with your graphic issues

Edited by CordedQuill42
Mention of the new thread (Myself) / Removed abusive quote (SkiddyMcCrash)

In reality, This forum got flooded with new accounts (Although not all of them are breaking the rules). Anyone can sign up here without an IQ test, but they need to take a look at the forum rules, and put their first post on the introduce myself part before they do anything else.

3 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

and put their first post on the introduce myself part before they do anything else. 

Do people have to do that? I thought that forum was for those who want to become a member on the off-topic forums 😛

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, UP100 said:

Do people have to do that? I thought that forum was for those who want to become a member on the off-topic forums 😛

its optional, but it is called being polite.

Sorry for my mood, but after the games launch, people started rushing the forums with new accounts.

Edited by CordedQuill42

On PS4 the mirrors dont work, few sec the do then hey get blurred or what ever and then they become grey, anyway played 2 houres and i like it, great handling and graphics realy oke

1 minute ago, CordedQuill42 said:

its optional, but it is called being pollite.

Sorry for my mood, but after the games launch, people started rushing the forums with new accounts.

Not exactly a surprise when the game, after being marketed so well, turned out to be a remarkably soulless low budget letdown. The forums are notoriously poorly moderated too.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Coffer said:

Not exactly a surprise when the game, after being marketed so well, turned out to be a remarkably soulless low budget letdown. The forums are notoriously poorly moderated too.

Hold your horses, I am going to ask you three questions. Not all have to be answered Immediately.

• Have you played the game yourself?
  • When did you start playing TOCA (Not just the grid series)
  • What do you consider to be the best Codemasters game (Not just the racing games, Operation Flashpoint or Overlord is also a valid answer)
Edited by CordedQuill42

13 hours ago, Ak1504 said:

+1 for custom lobbys that everyone can browse through and join like in GRID Autosport 🙂

A must have feature for me 🙂

Thank you for the clear feedback 🙂 I'm about to create a thread specifically for suggested feature additions, but the inclusion of lobby searching has already been logged and I'll be bringing it to the team 🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Miatakias_GR said:

Yes there is not even playlist types to chose from like disciplines,  hardcore as in g2/gas,  no text chat ir spectator mode either...:classic_angry::classic_mellow:

As above - I'm about to create a thread for suggested feature/mode additions so feel free to add this into there 🙂

7 hours ago, cpcdem said:

I think the graphics are awesome! Not very good, they are awesome! Except for Okutama, which looks better than in the videos posted earlier, but still not good enough IMO regarding shadows, lighting, LOD switch. Rain is incredibly well done!

But why FOV adjustment only for cockpit cams?

Sound, very very good! Both engine and FX. Especially from cockpit view. Coupled with the gfx, it makes the game so much immersive!

The AI I do not like it much, but did not like it in GAS either (and in most games either I must admit 🙂 ) and I do not mind much, because I rarely race against it. But I think it needs an "Extremely hard" mode added and it should be made more aware of another car being in the racing line already...

Physics, handling, FFB, I think are good enough for this type of game.

Very disappointed with the missing dedicated time trial/leaderboards mode. There is this time attack mode that you can select instead of race, but that does not support loading ghost cars (or even our own), does not show leaderbords at all, until AFTER you finish your laps, it's counter-intuitive. There's another screen to view the leaderboards, but it's in the wrong place (under user profile), it is clumpsy to use and after you view a leaderboard, then the options always reset to default (Barcelona -Memorial run) instead of showing the previously selected.

Multiplayer, I agree right now it is not very playable, but might be better with more players tomorrow. Are servers always filled in with AI cars? Bad decision IMO, because of the point above, AI cars ram and throw you out of the track more than typical online rammers...I wold much prefer racing against only 3-4 human players, than with filling the grid with AI cars. And as mentioned above, we cannot select a server to join.

Finally, a bug report, not sure if it happens only to me, but the sound engineer does not get heard at all. When he is supposed to talk the volume of the other sounds goes down, but nothing gets heard and after a couple seconds the sound volume goes back to normal. I checked my audio settings, radio engineer sound is set to 10. Tried it in free race and online, have not tried career yet.

Conclusion, congrats for this game, it has huge potential, mostly very well done, but also needs some improvements I think. But first impressions are very positive, especially regarding gfx and sound!

(played on PC, with highest settings available)

Thank you for this - all taken on board! 🙂

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 053 said:

On PS4 the mirrors dont work, few sec the do then hey get blurred or what ever and then they become grey, anyway played 2 houres and i like it, great handling and graphics realy oke

I'm just logging this now for the team, but please use the Technical Assistance page to report this in the correct way, with all the information we need to act on it 🙂 thanks! 

I can't play career mode or fast game. I can't buy/choose a car to drive. What's wrong?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CordedQuill42 said:

NO, you have nothing to blame but yourself, because you, @lastbreath, and (sometimes) @_BorisTheFrog_ filled that thread with arguments and flaming. As they said, If a post is inappropriate, forms an argument or contains infighting It won't be responded to, Period.

A good reason for the thread getting closed was all that flaming and aggressive attacking of the developers. Also, Jesped created a new thread because the old one got locked.

Reported for flaming and calling out.

With all due respect you really do need to think about what you're saying every now and again. My concern remains true and unaltered and unlike some I don't feel the need to negatively argue *every single thing that I don't agree with*. As I have stated a multitude of times and as I fully appreciate my comments are read by an intellectually diverse set of individuals, for the benefit of those who are placed towards the lower end of this scale I will say it one more final time. I will even type slowly so as not to confuse and overwhelm. Ready? My sole issues concerning Grid 2019 were enforced/overdone lighting on consoles and content of the base game. One was reflective of how Codemasters were intending to bring the game forward from Autosport and the other a more recent reference towards documented issues surrounding the artificial lighting displayed in Dirt Rally 2.

To post release summarise: Firstly, I've just spent the past 4 hours playing Grid at a friend's house (sadly only on an XB1 S) and whilst I do have other gameplay doubts - one of which, FFB, has already been mentioned - they are not my concerns. What I do now know is that unfortunately this lighting thing still persists. Secondly (and this is the easy one) every single *industry* review I have read have echoed my sentiments about track content been a bit on the thin side and because of that I remain unconvinced as to how long it's going to take for 'compulsive' to reduce to 'passive' where gaming is concerned. To further add: Although I did spend 4 hours playing the game (and would happily have spent more time playing it), on leaving I didn't have an overwhelming desire to go out and immediately buy it. 

With all those things in mind my comments were completely valid. To add, i've played Grid on XB1 S (not my preferred choice of weapon but c'est la vie) so I will tell you this for free and hope that to save any potential future embarassment you take it on board: "You need to be very, very careful about what you say because not everything has the benefit of 'ultra' settings....."

On that note I have to wrap things up because I appreciate that with the release of Grid this forum has now become a place for owners to discuss mattters in hand so it would be inappropriate for me to add further comment. Happy gaming though.

"flaming"... Haha, that's almost as funny as Konami asking £39.99 for the new Contra game 🙂

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_

@_BorisTheFrog_

Your flaming on that thread was minor so I added a (Sometimes) next to your name. I wanted to mention you because that post would take up too much space if I quoted it.

Note I was never intending to attack you in any way. I can remove your mention if you so wish. but keep in mind that what was said on that forum can never be recovered because it has been closed by Chris.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, CordedQuill42 said:

@_BorisTheFrog_

Your flaming on that thread was minor so I added a (Sometimes) next to your name. I wanted to mention you because that post would take up too much space if I quoted it.

Note I was never intending to attack you in any way. I can remove your mention if you so wish. but keep in mind that what was said on that forum can never be recovered because it has been closed by Chris.

No i'm cool. Your input is equally as important as everyone else's (otherwise there would never have been any discussion or counter discussion) 🙂

But please, bear in mind... After seeing Grid on XB1S many other of those negative comments don't seem too far wrong. I'm not even convinced it's running at 60fps - but that's something for you guys to discuss. 

Hi guys. I would like to ask those, who have already got this game. How freeplay looks like? As I can see here, Gersal2012 mentioned that he (or she? Whatever.) can't play career mode or FAST GAME. I am interested in what fast game means in this game, whether it is some part of Freeplay mode or whether it refers to Online mode. I would also like to know whether Codemasters made my wish true (remember this topic 'If you had one wish...'?). Unfortunately, when it comes to me, I have got some complications with the order (it was supposed to arrive today but it didn't so I will have got to wait few more days.). It would be appreciated if I got to know something from you.

3 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Hi guys. I would like to ask those, who have already got this game. How freeplay looks like? As I can see here, Gersal2012 mentioned that he (or she? Whatever.) can't play career mode or FAST GAME. I am interested in what fast game means in this game, whether it is some part of Freeplay mode or whether it refers to Online mode. I would also like to know whether Codemasters made my wish true (remember this topic 'If you had one wish...'?). Unfortunately, when it comes to me, I have got some complications with the order (it was supposed to arrive today but it didn't so I will have got to wait few more days.). It would be appreciated if I got to know something from you.

I think the "Fast game" meant the Quick Match in online. I also have issues with the game arriving... It would've been quicker for me to walk 15 kilometres to get the game really...

• Haha 1

I think what @Gersal2012 meant is that he cannot pick a car to start a (any) race. Indeed, this is a little unclear how it works, when you start out, there is one car in every class that you can "loan" to race with it, or you can buy and use a car. When you select a car to loan, it works fine. But when you pick a car that it is not loanable, then you must buy it. And you must buy it, by pressing the buy button and keep it pressed for 2-3 seconds to confirm, took me some time to realize this. After you buy it, you can sell it, and that works with the same procedure (keeping the button pressed), but this time the procedure is clearer, because the text description of the Sell button is "Sell (HOLD)". So "Buy" should also be renamed to "Buy (HOLD)".

Hope I am making some sense :). Anyway, bottom line is that it's just unclear game menu mechanics, not any real game problem, freeplay does work fine! And it is very intuitive on how you can create a championship with a custom series of events actually!