Welcome to the new GRID

@_BorisTheFrog_ Okay can you beat this? The store I ordered the game from is in Southern Helsinki. I also live in Helsinki, so the journey is around 0-20km depending where I live in Helsinki...

The package is now in Tampere.

180 kilometres from Helsinki and 2 hour drive away.

... I think it's at Tampere... Every other time I've ordered from that store it hasn't gone to Tampere... Why is it there!?

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, UP100 said:

@_BorisTheFrog_ Okay can you beat this? The store I ordered the game from is in Southern Helsinki. I also live in Helsinki, so the journey is around 0-20km depending where I live in Helsinki...

The package is now in Tampere.

180 kilometres from Helsinki and 2 hour drive away.

... I think it's at Tampere... Every other time I've ordered from that store it hasn't gone to Tampere... Why is it there!?

Lol, it's crazy how things work. I once ordered a limited edition Midnight Oil t-shirt from Australia that took 14 weeks to arrive. Congrats to the swimmer who delivered it (either that or there is a moon circulating Jupiter called Australia) but the wait was terrible so I understand your pain. Sad thing is, it was the wrong size.. So, anyone who wants a size small limited edition 'palm print' Midnight Oil T-shirt (black) need look no further 🙂

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cpcdem said:

I think what @Gersal2012 meant is that he cannot pick a car to start a (any) race. Indeed, this is a little unclear how it works, when you start out, there is one car in every class that you can "loan" to race with it, or you can buy and use a car. When you select a car to loan, it works fine. But when you pick a car that it is not loanable, then you must buy it. And you must buy it, by pressing the buy button and keep it pressed for 2-3 seconds to confirm, took me some time to realize this. After you buy it, you can sell it, and that works with the same procedure (keeping the button pressed), but this time the procedure is clearer, because the text description of the Sell button is "Sell (HOLD)". So "Buy" should also be renamed to "Buy (HOLD)".

Hope I am making some sense :). Anyway, bottom line is that it's just unclear game menu mechanics, not any real game problem, freeplay does work fine! And it is very intuitive on how you can create a championship with a custom series of events actually!

Could you tell me any more details about Freeplay?

So myself and @ChrisGrovesMCM have been doing a little hotlap battle tonight 🙂

Side-note: Although I pop into the GRID forum I am not the Community Manager for this title; I'm merely here as a fan and player 🙂 

I've got my own community to take care of over on DiRTy Rallyland 😉 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JZStudios said:

No sé qué palabra de 3 letras censuraría el foro que tenga sentido en ese contexto.

Entiendo 4 de esas palabras traducidas.

En un tema completamente no relacionado, @PJTierney , ¿  podrías molestar a alguien en el equipo de Grid para arreglar el HUD 21: 9? Básicamente es lo que parece ser 16: 9 normal, pero configurado a la izquierda. Lo cual es todo tipo de error.

I meant that the logos are also poorly made in the model without livery mod.

4 hours ago, PJTierney said:

So myself and @ChrisGrovesMCM have been doing a little hotlap battle tonight 🙂

Nice, this is why the game needs official community challenges! 🙂

Did a 1:28.3 so far on PC platform, but there are guys lapping at 1:27.2 already...still working on it though!

• Agree 1

In my case it’s for the immersion.i like looking the car details when I set-up and even think “damn...i’m Going to drive a good looking beast...” or imagine to be part of a real team when I look at all the sponsors on a nice and legit livery...and yes I really love see the replays of my runs,for me it’s really important watch my self going flat out and admire the cars in action (and listen to the awesome sound of the anti lag +engine from different distance)

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

14 hours ago, cpcdem said:

Nice, this is why the game needs official community challenges! 🙂

Good idea! Keep an eye on our channels 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Good idea! Keep an eye on our channels

You also can put some interaction into the game, for example you can notify the players about new updates on the game billboards! )))

Just imagine, you're riding on the Brands Hatch and see

61e.jpg.82d18ee80e3d17452b58e61d72152eb7.jpg

And you're like WOW what a news! I'm going to try it RIGHT F...G NOW!!!

Great idea, isn't it? :classic_laugh:

Edited by lastbreath
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, lastbreath said:

That would shock me if I saw that IRL. I do not know if it's legal however.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Omiley said:

Hey @cpcdem I beat your time just now, 1:27.1! Really enjoying the game so far.

Niiice! Will also try again later tonight! What's the top record now, is it mid 26's already?

Edit: Ouch, I see a 1:26.188 !!!

Edited by cpcdem

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, cpcdem said:

Niiice! Will also try again later tonight! What's the top record now, is it mid 26's already?

Edit: Ouch, I see a 1:26.188 !!!

Sorry, I meant 1:47.1 for Barcelona-Memorial Run in TC-2

Edited by Omiley

26 minutes ago, Omiley said:

Sorry, I meant 1:47.1 for Barcelona-Memorial Run in TC-2

Oh, no, I had spent so much time for this! OK, will try also that again, goodbye work 🙂

Good lap!

1 hour ago, CordedQuill42 said:

That would shock me if I saw that IRL. I do not know if it's legal however.

But you agree it's a nice idea?

Thanks, hope you beat it so I can try harder 🙂

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, dani211212 said:

Second it looks to Arcadey, almost NFS with that rewind function.. maybe its just me, i grow up that.. it doesn't appeal me 

I absolutely hate this asinine reason to dislike something because of an optional feature. Don't use it. Problem solved.

Next you'll tell me that you can't enjoy the game because someone else played it on an easier difficulty.

As to liveries, me personally, I couldn't really care less. So when the forum is full of pages of posts about liveries I just moan and scroll past them.

That being said, a lot of the default liveries are quite boring and/or ugly. A lot of them I end up just going for plain white/black/red.

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

I absolutely hate this asinine reason to dislike something because of an optional feature. Don't use it. Problem solved.

Next you'll tell me that you can't enjoy the game because someone else played it on an easier difficulty.

As to liveries, me personally, I couldn't really care less. So when the forum is full of pages of posts about liveries I just moan and scroll past them.

That being said, a lot of the default liveries are quite boring and/or ugly. A lot of them I end up just going for plain white/black/red.

I said it looks to arcade, i dont like it! it dosent appeal me in anyway,  I didnt say i dont like it just because of rewind function

3 hours ago, lastbreath said:

You also can put some interaction into the game, for example you can notify the players about new updates on the game billboards! )))

Just imagine, you're riding on the Brands Hatch and see

And you're like WOW what a news! I'm going to try it RIGHT F...G NOW!!!

Great idea, isn't it? :classic_laugh:

We're planning on implementing a ticker for the main menus, so this could well be somewhere we put relevant information like this 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

We're planning on implementing a ticker for the main menus, so this could well be somewhere we put relevant information like this 🙂

Oh. Hi Chris. And what about our wishes? Will every wish be introduced in the game, for example mine? (ha, what an example. But I am interested in whether my wish was difficult, possible to make it true)

4 hours ago, Omiley said:

Thanks, hope you beat it so I can try harder 🙂

OK, did as you commanded 🙂

I now used shortest gear ratios and brake bias fully to the rear, this helps a lot (over-)rotating the car under braking. I may have used a couple flashbacks as well :classic_rolleyes:

GRID 2019 has improved a lot. Without help it is very realistic. A CM game. Played in the most serious way, it is a very realistic game.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cpcdem said:

OK, did as you commanded 🙂

I now used shortest gear ratios and brake bias fully to the rear, this helps a lot (over-)rotating the car under braking. I may have used a couple flashbacks as well :classic_rolleyes:

Damn, good job man. Im trying hard to get it back lol.

Edited by Omiley
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,can anyone tell me how to adjust the cockpit view position?and with position I mean height and tilt. In dirt there are dedicated buttons to adjust your view,but in Grid I can’t find anything...