Welcome to the new GRID

16 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Good idea! Keep an eye on our channels 🙂

Sorry, that made me laugh... Codemasters have been doing community challenges like, erm, forever, so it was a bit amusing to see the "good idea" thing 🙂

hows the physics on the hillclimb cars ? just curious as i may get this later ...............thanks 

15 hours ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Will every wish be introduced in the game

That is generally impossible with games as audiences are so large and diverse.

The teams do review feedback however and if there are common sentiments they are given greater focus.

Look at DiRT Rally 2.0, and how things like Dashcam, Oculus SDK and more have come post-launch 🙂 

42 minutes ago, Madhun1967 said:

hows the physics on the hillclimb cars ? just curious as i may get this later ...............thanks 

😂

there are none in dr2.0. Or is this the Griddy Topic?

Edited by JorritVD

6 hours ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Hi guys,can anyone tell me how to adjust the cockpit view position?and with position I mean height and tilt. In dirt there are dedicated buttons to adjust your view,but in Grid I can’t find anything...

I requote my question... there is a kind soul that can answer it?

31 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

That is generally impossible with games as audiences are so large and diverse.

The teams do review feedback however and if there are common sentiments they are given greater focus.

Look at DiRT Rally 2.0, and how things like Dashcam, Oculus SDK and more have come post-launch 🙂 

agree, we already seen all the focs given into to wishes thread and text-chat/spectator.mode.from.lobby !

And when i want to feel better i just take a look into the dirt section

:classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, Madhun1967 said:

No hillclimb in DR2

7 hours ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Hi guys,can anyone tell me how to adjust the cockpit view position?and with position I mean height and tilt. In dirt there are dedicated buttons to adjust your view,but in Grid I can’t find anything...

@PJTierney

18 hours ago, dani211212 said:

I said it looks to arcade, i dont like it! it dosent appeal me in anyway,  I didnt say i dont like it just because of rewind function

ok, because I was going to say.... I'm pretty sure there is no NFS game with rewind, and I've played almost all of them ever since I first tried NFS II as an 8-year old in like 1995.... unless it's Shift, which I played for just a few hours

Edited by ianism

I think it's been mentioned a few times here that it's currently not possible to make such camera adjustments...

3 minutes ago, cpcdem said:

I think it's been mentioned a few times here that it's currently not possible to make such camera adjustments...

Wow...then I think I just wasted 89 € on a game I can’t use with my setup (camera completely off position and I play on console so no mods) 

thank you Codemasters 

edit: thank you for the answer,you are the only one that had the decency to reply.

Edited by AlexSpartan316

TO ALL COCKPIT VIEW/STEERING WHEEL USERS :

In the new Grid game you CAN’T adjust the position of the view,in any way(no height no tilt no proximity) 

so think about it if like me this set up matter for you. (I basically just wasted 89 € on a game that I can’t use with my sim set up,the camera height is so far off that I can’t even adjust it manually moving the monitor)

• Thanks 1

You're welcome, but to be fair his has been answered earlier a few times

I am thinking that maybe this functionality will be added later. I think there's a lot of missing functionality which needs to be added to make this game (which has huge potential through its solid base) justice.

• Agree 1

i mean the GRID games are supposed to be played on controllers, no?

13 minutes ago, mwoodski said:

i mean the GRID games are supposed to be played on controllers, no?

I hope that’s sarcasm...

3 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

I hope that’s sarcasm...

Not at all, they're heavily arcade based...

Just now, mwoodski said:

Not at all, they're heavily arcade based...

And it’s also 100% steering wheel compatible (other than hyped as perfect for steering wheel users ) you even have clutch/manual/hb setup. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

And it’s also 100% steering wheel compatible (other than hyped as perfect for steering wheel users ) you even have clutch/manual/hb setup. 

So did Dirt Showdown.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

So did Dirt Showdown.

Yeah agree...to be clear i’m Not defending Grid or say that is a legit sim game,i’m  only Saying that i’m pretty disappointed.they hyped it as a sim friendly game...but with the camera issue i’m Not even able to understand if it’s enjoyable or not..that’s all.

• Agree 1

If you play in the most arcade way, external camera, line drawing, controller, etc...= arcade

If you play in the most serious way, inner camera, handwheel, no music, no aids... I mean, if you respect the game, the game will respect you.

Edited by Keko55
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Keko55 said:

If you play in the most arcade way, external camera, line drawing, controller, etc...= arcade If you play in the most serious way, inner camera, no music, no aids... I mean, if you respect the game, the game will respect you.

The game doesn’t respect me,I can’t even setup the cockpit view.

• Agree 1